I tried so hard
    And got so far
    But in the end
    It doesn’t even matter
    I had to fall
    To lose it all
    But in the end
    It doesn’t even matter

Damn. I just listened to Hybrid Theory about a month ago. Such a great album, especially Runaway. RIP
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    EB218946 said:
    People die from F'N Cancer much too often and way too young. WTFH???????

FUCK CANCER!!!!!
    Hope you have a good day!
    Thanks. It's definitely been better than yesterday. I found out Tuesday night a friend had terminal cancer and was given 3 mo's to live. She died at 4am yesterday from a blood clot in her lung. Life is crazy and you just never know when your time is up. We just have to enjoy every second and surround ourselves with the people that matter most.
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    HF, I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you. 
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825
    EB218946 said:

FUCK CANCER!!!!!
    Thanks. It's definitely been better than yesterday. I found out Tuesday night a friend had terminal cancer and was given 3 mo's to live. She died at 4am yesterday from a blood clot in her lung. Life is crazy and you just never know when your time is up. We just have to enjoy every second and surround ourselves with the people that matter most.
    So sorry about your friends passing.  Sending you some good vibes!!!!!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Swear I posted earlier on this, HF - handful of my last few posts are "missing".

At any rate, I send my condolences and much warm energy.  I hope you, and her friends and family, are doing as OK as possible.  Amen to never knowing - gotta give (and receive) the love no matter what.
  • Options
    Really missing certain friends. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    I'm thinking about how my depression packed its bags and left without a word a week ago, and how I feel like a completely different person as a result.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about how my depression packed its bags and left without a word a week ago, and how I feel like a completely different person as a result.
    Everybody needs the light :)
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    I found out Tuesday night a friend had terminal cancer and was given 3 mo's to live. She died at 4am yesterday from a blood clot in her lung. Life is crazy and you just never know when your time is up. We just have to enjoy every second and surround ourselves with the people that matter most.
    Sorry for your loss Meredith :hug:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    EB218946 said:

FUCK CANCER!!!!!
    I'm sorry for your loss, hauntingfamiliar.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Conference calls.....ugh
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Thank you for all the warm thoughts, warm vibes and hugs everyone. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Hang in there best you can, my ABBA-loving-friend.

Loss does a number on so many.

Got an old demo of Old Brown Shoe, courtesy of one of my favorite Georges ever.

Music is therapy.  Brings warmth and catching myself smiling.  So what if it brings a sadder side?  Such is this life.

As Mr. Ament said during Single Video Theory - not what to feel, but to feel.

(and I am)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    If someone is grossed out by hotdogs because of how they are made, why are they not also grossed out by their siblings?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    Nice!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Hang in there best you can, my ABBA-loving-friend.

Loss does a number on so many.

Got an old demo of Old Brown Shoe, courtesy of one of my favorite Georges ever.

Music is therapy.  Brings warmth and catching myself smiling.  So what if it brings a sadder side?  Such is this life.

As Mr. Ament said during Single Video Theory - not what to feel, but to feel.

(and I am)
    :plus_one: Well said.
  • Options
    :hug: to you, HF.

I can't believe this is 20 years old.  Michael was something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Z-dmVe5Zw
  • Options
    I just caught myself sitting in utter awe of a Haydn piece...and realized I have been blessed to have lived the best of both worlds in some ways, growing up.

My mom was the dancer to music, all music.

My dad was the sometime-conductor, but often, with that same wonder and LOVE of not just the end result of the composition, but what it took to give it to us.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    All the walls that you keep building
    All this time that I spent chasing
    All the ways that I keep losing you
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sent in another resume, and preparing for tomorrow's interview. Onward!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options

• Options
    ^^^ Oh goodie! A puzzle! I love puzzles. :smiley:
  • Options
    I had an interview yesterday, and I liked the job. I hope I get it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited July 2017
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I hope you do too! Good luck!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I really hope you get the job. Also, I've seen many of your posts and admire your perseverance. :)
  • Options
    I was just rejected for a position I interviewed for two weeks ago. That smarts. I'm reading about the Revolutionary War, and I don't feel so bad. Sure, all of the participants have been dead for over two hundred years, but they were fighting for liberty, and I just want a job. Different perspective. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I was just rejected for a position I interviewed for two weeks ago. That smarts. I'm reading about the Revolutionary War, and I don't feel so bad. Sure, all of the participants have been dead for over two hundred years, but they were fighting for liberty, and I just want a job. Different perspective. 
    Good perspective, but sorry you didn't get that job.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    How much i love the bass on Pendulum..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    ^Agreed Scidoo.

And.... I discovered a new to me Grateful Dead song this afternoon that is sooo good. It's a bit different than your typical Dead song IMO.

https://youtu.be/nivOqZI5vXo

Sooo hardddd!!!!  And where did the so hard thread go anyway?
  • Options
    ^^Very nice Meredith and yes, thats a bitt different..
    i don't believe this is happening..
    http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/ronnie-james-dios-hologram-plots-dio-returns-world-tour-including-uk-dates/
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.