Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    JK_Livin said:
    Perfect cameo for Friends not this. Can't blame him for doing it though. I'd do it.

Oh yeah, don't blame him at all.  Not a big deal but just seems really lame for a show this good to do something like that.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Also- what the hell was with that Ed Sheeran cameo?  Was that necessary?  This isn't a show on the CW!
    Gotta keep the show hip and cool!

I had no idea who he was so it didn't stand out to me.  Seemed normal.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Just rewatched the premiere. Can't wait for Sunday!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Yeah I rewatched yesterday.  
    I say Sansa goes rogue next episode and does something dumb.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Yeah I rewatched yesterday.  
    I say Sansa goes rogue next episode and does something dumb.  

Her jealousy may get the better of her...especially with Little Finger lurking.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Gonna be interesting on how the Euron Grejoy plot plays out.  I guess he is supposed to grow more hated then Joffrey and Ramsey in his Jonny Depp hot pants.  
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,270
    I think Episode 2 is called "Stormborn" isn't it? Two episodes with direct references to Dani in the title.
    She'll be kicking all sorts of ass soon.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Greyjoy plot can go away.  Hope the Queen pulls his nuts off.

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Greyjoy plot can go away.  Hope the Queen pulls his nuts off.

I think Theon will kill him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    edited July 2017
    Well now Dani is gonna be pissed.  1st that old hag whispers in her ear, now Tyrion is in some hot water.

Coming predictions:
    Hound vs. mountain
    Jamie kills Cersi,he is the king Slayer, she's pretty mad of late, but she is already dead and Arya's in her face, so Arya eats it too
    Theon goes ninja in a rescue plot ala Golum
    Sansa n Jon baraetheon get kinky
    Hound n Arya reunion
    Brienne kills sir Jamie
    Bran posessese white king

After J, de-scales gonna die saving Dani from someone she really trusts

Sam kills his dad who is for Lannisters since he is for Jon
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    Wtf Theon, screwing your sister over twice now? Well 3 times if you count the time on the horse.  Looks like Arya is changing course back to Kings Landing and I think we'll see Nymeria again.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'm not sure what to make of the casting choice for Euron Greyjoy. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Jason P said:
    I'm not sure what to make of the casting choice for Euron Greyjoy. 

I don't like the actor. Something about him rubs me the wrong way, I'm not a fan.

• Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Wtf Theon, screwing your sister over twice now? Well 3 times if you count the time on the horse.  Looks like Arya is changing course back to Kings Landing and I think we'll see Nymeria again.

but doesn't him running away there at least give him and his sister the chance of surviving?  If he attacked Euron, him and Yara would definitely both be dead.  At least there's a chance to save here still...
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

but doesn't him running away there at least give him and his sister the chance of surviving?  If he attacked Euron, him and Yara would definitely both be dead.  At least there's a chance to save here still...
    I guess but who's to say he wouldn't have just killed her after he jumped. Maybe he would've killed Euron, haha. What would be the point of taking her hostage when all her people are gone?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,270
    Theon obviously had flashbacks to his time with Ramsay and he couldn't handle the thought of being tortured again. I just hope he doesn't got full Reek again.

Typical of Arya to find out about Jon being King of the North - just as Jon starts heading South! I'm sure the writers don't want to reunite any of the Stark kids. I was very nervous when she was with her wolf, I thought she was going to get eaten!

I'm totally on board with the 'Jamie killing Cersei' theory, but maybe that's for the final season. I think he'll have to choose between her and Tyrion - he's already saved Tyrion once, and Cersei is responsible for their last remaining child dying. I also think Tyrion is at least part Targaeryen and represents the third dragon (with Dani and Jon)...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Sand snakes mowed down
    Hot pie sighting!
    Nymeria either doesn't recognize Arya since is almost non human now OR she is holding a grudge.  
    Jorah is a fucking beast.
    Damn, theon was almost likeable this season.  
    Some good shit.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    This is a good example why doe the last 2 seasons I rewatch the entire series. Some dude that appeared in 1 episode back in season 2 makes a return and the producers expect you to remember.
    i think Aryas wolf is going to make another appearance with the pack and save her life, if not that scene was completely pointless. And I felt she remembered, that's why Arya wasn't attacked.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    edited July 2017
    this season is a turture to keep focus to watch.. ..shows all the time and next cenes  Cersei and Daenerys and i think threesomes and such
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hot Pie!  Get your Hot Pies?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    :sleepy:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Sand snakes mowed down
    Hot pie sighting!
    Nymeria either doesn't recognize Arya since is almost non human now OR she is holding a grudge.  
    Jorah is a fucking beast.
    Damn, theon was almost likeable this season.  
    Some good shit.

The 3rd sand snake is still alive right?  I thought they just showed 2 of them being killed.  Looked like the 3rd one got taken hostage with Ellaria.
  • Options
    Good call - believe you are correct.  They are Cersei bait now.
  • Options
    What the fuck is a sand snake? I've watched every episode of this show, and I have no clue what in sweet heaven's name y'all are on about.

My wife has to watch twice because she spends the first time around explaining everything to me, sighing her annoyance the whole time.

It's too boring for me to watch a second time. I like the Kurosawa moments when blood sprays everywhere. That red wedding was awesome for that aspect. Also, boobies. I like boobies. That is, of course, when they're not being exposed by an act of rape or incest, which is about half the time on this show.

Other than that, though, there is so very little to hold my interest. And I've noticed it sucks a lot worse since the showrunners have had to make do without any source material.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Sand Snakes are the 3 illegitimate daughters of the former Prince Oberyn Martell of Dorne, whose head was popped like a zit by the former Mountain (Gregor Clegane) / now the resurrected Zombie called Robert Strong.

They were meant to be both beautiful and deadly.  The pirate made short work of 2 of them.

Edit -- in the book there were 8 Sand Snakes.  They were called this because poppa was known as the Red Viper and Sand is the bastard name in Dorne
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Your lovely bride and I both need to watch the show 2x for the same reason(s).
    Also, because it is bad-ass
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    I remember the headcrushing thing. That was Cronenberg-level fucking awesome! 

So the guy who crushed the head is a zombie now? You mean a white walker? Is that in the show or in the books?

Other than the white walkers, I don't recall seeing any zombies -- that is, unless we're counting John Snow as a zombie.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    He is Cersei's bodyguard.  Her pet maester brought him back to life.  (In that was he is a different sort of zombie from those other undead folks on the show)
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    poop montage
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Yeah that was funny/gross