We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    my2hands said:
    Can a brother get some Red Rocks in his life?

Other than that, just hit the easy coast so we can cherry pick a few instant classics :)
    Hells yeah!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Other than that, just hit the easy coast so we can cherry pick a few instant classics :)
    Hells yeah!!!
    Pickin up what I'm layin down, brother?
    Add Las Vegas to that list
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Hells yeah!!!
    Oh I am! 
    Vegas would be sweet. 
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Yes
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited July 2017
    Sarava said:
    I would surprised if we heard any tour news in the next calendar year. It just feels like they're going to take some time, and then even when they move past that, the album process would likely take a good while. I'm preparing myself for nothing until 2019-ish, and if I get surprised, then awesome.
    They better not take 2+ years off!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Pearl Jam in Japan is my dream
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    Pearl Jam in Japan is my dream
    Pearl Jam in Japan would be AMAZING. I've always wanted that as well. 
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Sarava said:
    I would surprised if we heard any tour news in the next calendar year. It just feels like they're going to take some time, and then even when they move past that, the album process would likely take a good while. I'm preparing myself for nothing until 2019-ish, and if I get surprised, then awesome.
    they will tour big time in 2018
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Fucking Red Rocks/Vegas/California/Gorge trip 2018 lets do it!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Hells yeah!!!
    Oh I am! 
    Vegas would be sweet. 
    Im in, Vegas would be sweet, plus I've never been and you gotta go once on your life
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    This is exciting news.  Now the long wait.  I hope they announce everything at once but doubtful with probably a ton of festivals.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:
    Fucking Red Rocks/Vegas/California/Gorge trip 2018 lets do it!
    I'd be in attendance for all 4!! Let it happen! 
    edited July 2017
    I still can't believe for the first time in the history of the band  there will be zero concerts in a calendar year. 
  • ^^^
    I can believe it.  Pearl Jam is eroding.  Fans are no longer the same.  Pearl Jam was a band.

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I'd probably go anywhere at this point.....
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    How about a New Orleans show that isnt a festival?   Its been 14 yrs
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    ^^^
    I can believe it.  Pearl Jam is eroding.  Fans are no longer the same.  Pearl Jam was a band.

Thems fighting words
    edited July 2017
    ^^^

They are acting like a band that has been around for 25 years.  Name some bands that were as huge as Pearl Jam and have made it 25 years without losing a member, putting out good records every 3-4 years, playing shows all over the world (and selling most of them out), putting on longer shows than at any time in their career, and continuing to shake up their setlists and focus on charitable endeavors. 

Humans start as babies and have a life cycle that ends with old age (assuming no accidental deaths or early disease). A band has a life cycle too and it is a band throughout it. 

Do you want a band that tours every year to pad their pockets with dollars, or a band that tours when it wants to tour?   I choose the latter. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Damn it I am getting excited for a tour. It's July and there is nothing out there that says they are going to be touring for at least 7-8 months. 
  • ^^^
    It is time for fans to stop giving reasons as to why Pearl Jam has not released a record since LB. Pearl Jam is getting spread pretty thin with the side projects and especially with the deaths of influential music artists.  So I am quite certain that Pearl Jam has not been in the studio as of late nor will they be soon.
  • Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited July 2017
    Me too! Well put.   At this point, I look at everything we get from these guys is a Gift.  If they hung it up tomorrow I wouldn't be upset.  I was 12 when PJ came into my life.  I'm 37 and a dad now.  My daughters(6,3) know PJ when they hear it.  

Again guys, (the band) I could never thank you enough..... do what you do and keep doing it, The world is a better place.  
    Post edited by Stickman24 on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^^^

Do you like Pearl Jam?  Just curious. 
    Dude trolls the rumor thread too? lol
  • bbiggs said:
    ^^^

Yes I like Pearl Jam.  I am just tired of the forum cheering all the side projects.
  • my2hands said:
    Dude trolls the rumor thread too? lol
    cmon man. We all want Pearl Jam to tour with their new album. With the way it is going even after being inducted to RRHOF it will be at least another year.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I'm glad that it will be after football season once a tour starts.  I hate having concerts and college football occurring on the same day.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    bbiggs said:
    ^^^

Yes I like Pearl Jam.  I am just tired of the forum cheering all the side projects
    ^^^
    It is time for fans to stop giving reasons as to why Pearl Jam has not released a record since LB. Pearl Jam is getting spread pretty thin with the side projects and especially with the deaths of influential music artists.  So I am quite certain that Pearl Jam has not been in the studio as of late nor will they be soon.
    No shit they haven't been in the studio.  They haven't released a record since Lightning Bolt because they have other priorities than Pearl Jam.  Doesn't mean they aren't a band.  It just means they are a band that has been together a long time and their music would suck if they put out a record every year.  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I mean, there are tons of great acts out there just as good as PJ making albums and touring. Plenty of music to pass the time until PJ decides to do something again.