Options

Anyone go to the GNR Apollo show??

cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
wow man.  Listening to it on Sirius.  They took a break from NFL stadiums to play The Apollo.  That wall of sound may have destroyed that old theater.  They tore it up.  Nice tribute to Cornell too. 

Best music story of this decade is their reunion. 

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Didn't see that but saw them last year at the Linc and have awesome seats for Wells Fargo later this year.  Love it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    My sister's husband listened to it on sirius today and he said it blew his mind. He called me specifically to tell me that. Lol. He knows I'm going to the Winston-Salem show in a few weeks and now I'm even more pumped... if possible. 
  • Options
    ssweaksssweaks Posts: 30
    If anyone got a download of show from Sirius I would be appreciative of a copy.
    Thanks in advance!!!!

• Options
    ssweaks said:
    Thanks in advance!!!!

x2
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    Try this link. I haven't yet so not sure if it works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/6on8uv/apollo_download_link/
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    edited July 2017
    Cover of black hole sun was nice. Axl still sounds like shit, can lipstick that pig up.....but I still like him, go figure
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited July 2017
    ssweaks said:
    Thanks in advance!!!!

Guns N Roses bootleg page on Facebook has the whole tour
    Post edited by joberschlake on
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    Wowww!! I'm listening now and think Axl sounds better than he has in years. They are really in a badass groove now. 

I'm a little over halfway through the show. Slash's solo after Coma... :rock_on:
  • Options
    I didn't go but Fa Fa Fooey did. He stayed for about Nyne songs and left around 1:0nyne in the morning 
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Wowww!! I'm listening now and think Axl sounds better than he has in years. They are really in a badass groove now. 

I'm a little over halfway through the show. Slash's solo after Coma... :rock_on:
    Just wait.  Mickey Axl makes an appearance soon after that.  He loses his snarl about halfway thru.  Then it comes back later.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options

Just wait.  Mickey Axl makes an appearance soon after that.  He loses his snarl about halfway thru.  Then it comes back later.
    Ha!! Funny. Yes... his rendition of a Whole Lotta Rosie did turn into a Whole Lotta Mickey. ;) Patience gave us back the beloved snarl with the exception of about one line at the end. The Seeker cover was pretty awesome. Loved the entire show, Mickey Axl and all. They had a ridiculous amount of energy and they blew that place up!! 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    They never played patience when I saw them in Seattle last year.  I was a little bummed they didn't play anything from Lies and only a few from the UYI albums.    I love appetite but I've now spend 25 years+ listening to those other 3 too.   They all have awesome songs on them.... would love to see them lean on the rest of the catalog a little more :)
  • Options
    dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187

Pumped for the NC show in a couple weeks. Saw the DC show last summer and it was fucking bad ass and a dream come true to see Axl with better vocals jamming with Slash and Duff again.

2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • Options
    dpduke69 said:

Pumped for the NC show in a couple weeks. Saw the DC show last summer and it was fucking bad ass and a dream come true to see Axl with better vocals jamming with Slash and Duff again.

I'll be at that NC show as well. So psyched!!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    He'll never sound perfect but man whatever he did to prepare for the reunion he needs to stick with.  Big improvement.  
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    My sister's husband listened to it on sirius today and he said it blew his mind. He called me specifically to tell me that. Lol. He knows I'm going to the Winston-Salem show in a few weeks and now I'm even more pumped... if possible. 

You going to the Winston show?

Me too. hope it is good weather.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ^ Yess and please no thunderstorms. Looks like we have a couple 10C's going to that show. We should all try to meet up at some point.
  • Options
    ^ Yess and please no thunderstorms. Looks like we have a couple 10C's going to that show. We should all try to meet up at some point.

Sounds like a plan. We still don't have tickets. probably going to wait to buy on the day of the show and try to score some good seats at a good price. I am sure there will be lots of scalpers looking to dump their tickets... or at least I hope so.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Sounds like a plan. We still don't have tickets. probably going to wait to buy on the day of the show and try to score some good seats at a good price. I am sure there will be lots of scalpers looking to dump their tickets... or at least I hope so.

^ I probably should have done that, but I got anxious and we pulled the trigger on some seats just to have them. 
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I was at the Winston show and was blown away by how excellent the show was! I found a download of this show (Apollo) and listened to it last night. It's a really good recording captured from the Sirius broadcast. Man, I love Google..

Was anyone that went to Winston wearing a PJ 2016  or a Yellow Moon shirt? If so, Both of you were off to my right. I was in Section 2 and had the entire row to myself, next to my niece and Brother -in-law. I really hope they hit the studio after the Tour concludes. They seem to be getting along really well and the energy was excellent. I was bummed not hearing Patience, but the Black Hole Sun cover was awesome. Live was really good, too.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    ^Totally agree Erocshifty. I was way in the back, but it didn't matter. Show was still amazing. Live and Let Die, November Rain, Estranged, My Michelle ... all stand out. Band was top notch and loved the fireworks! Live did a great job as well and their Cornell tribute gave me chills.
  • Options
    I was at the Winston show and was blown away by how excellent the show was! I found a download of this show (Apollo) and listened to it last night. It's a really good recording captured from the Sirius broadcast. Man, I love Google..

Was anyone that went to Winston wearing a PJ 2016  or a Yellow Moon shirt? If so, Both of you were off to my right. I was in Section 2 and had the entire row to myself, next to my niece and Brother -in-law. I really hope they hit the studio after the Tour concludes. They seem to be getting along really well and the energy was excellent. I was bummed not hearing Patience, but the Black Hole Sun cover was awesome. Live was really good, too.
    ^Totally agree Erocshifty. I was way in the back, but it didn't matter. Show was still amazing. Live and Let Die, November Rain, Estranged, My Michelle ... all stand out. Band was top notch and loved the fireworks! Live did a great job as well and their Cornell tribute gave me chills.

If either of you come across a decent audio recording of the show, please let me know.

Would love to re-live it.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ^ Will do and likewise.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Anyone know who the opener is for the first part of their tour?  (Philly is first show...cannot seem to find who is opening)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited September 2017
    Anyone know who the opener is for the first part of their tour?  (Philly is first show...cannot seem to find who is opening)
    Seems like GNR does not announce the openers until right before the tour starts, might not hear until a week out or less. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Seems like GNR does not announce the openers until right before the tour starts, might not hear until a week out or less. 
    Cool, thanks