Happy Birthday Chris...

davidosdavidos Posts: 466
Wow.... thank you for sharing Stone.
https://pearljam.com/news/happy-birthday-chris

I keep waking up in the middle of the night and remember, fresh again, that you are gone. An absence grows in my stomach and slowly turns circles like a far off galaxy on a grainy tv.

The same questions follow and my heart races...searching for reasons and what ifs..
I'm so selfishly sad that I'll never get to see you again, never play with you again, never feel the bask of your approval or be part of your life. 
Fuck....
We all miss you so much...it was always a given in my mind we would all spend more time together when we got older, we would play more music and love and be loved like we dreamed...this was your time and you shared it with us...thank you.
You were too much...
Your talent was jaw dropping...your songs, lyrics, your voice...how could you have all 3...
And then, the not so obvious...your wicked sense of humor and your playfulness...
all of us are heartsick and we will never get over losing you. 
We hope you're in peace and that your particles are mutating and transforming in harmony with nature. We wish your family our utmost condolences and sympathies.

We love you Chris,
Happy Birthday 

Words by: Stone

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Damn.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Thank You for sharing Stone
    Happy Birthday Chris, we love you
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Well, shoot.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I don't know why it helps to have others grieve with you, but it does. Eloquent as ever. Thanks Stone.
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    Thanks for sharing this.  
  • ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    That was really beautiful. Thank you Stone.
  • Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    Thank you for sharing this Stone and happy birthday Stone and Chris. 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Thanks Stone and happy birthday!!  Remember the good times.  :peace:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Chris519Chris519 Posts: 150
    "hope you're in peace and that your particles are mutating and transforming in harmony with nature"

Perfect, Stone.
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    Fuck me that was beautiful. 
    Thak you stone!
  • Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380
    Shared misery makes the burden lighter somehow. Beautiful, thank you.
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    Thank you for the awesome words Stoney, Happy Birthday to you and Happy Birthday Chris...
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Beautiful words. Now I'm crying again...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Man. That was tough to read. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Shit, that's really brought it all back again. Perfect words. Thanks Stone. 
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Thank you for sharing.
    Happy birthday Stone and Chris.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Thank you for sharing Stone