Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    ^^^
    It's true.  All these nothingburgers are amounting to zip, zero, zilch nada. Who's hungry?

Why do you think investigations start and end in 90 days?  

Do you realize that the watergate break-in investigation started in June of 72 and Nixon didn't resign until August of 74.  Now I know those numbers go right over your head, but to say that because Muller has been on it for 90 days and he hasn't filed charges that it's a "nothingburger" is beyond absurd.  
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2017
    ^^^
    I am not saying that it should happen overnight but you have to conclude that as fast as these "breaking news impeachment worthy nothing burgers" come up they disappear to the next one almost daily. It's time for action.  Less talk more walk.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Most people realize that that's an impossible request. Most people are educated enough to realize that investigations take time. Those that can't accept that very basic fact are naive and uninformed.

So, no. I don't have a rough date. But I can give you a rough date of your next ridiculous post: July 20, 2017.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ^^^
    President Trump won w/ less voters.  So anything is possible.

• Options
    Not really a bad thing to say to the citizens as President.  
    Latest tweet from President Trump...

I am asking all citizens to believe in yourselves, believe in your future, and believe, once more, in America. #AmericaFirst

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    jeffbr said:
    Looks like Mueller isn't concerned with Trump's threats, and is taking a "wide-angle" approach to Trump's business dealings. Russia connections, shady business transactions, Deutsche Bank, here we go! 

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

"The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trumpcampaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe.

FBI investigators and others are looking at Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a controversial SoHo development with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch in 2008, the person said."

Would anyone like to follow the money, from Russia with love and a PTAPE, all the way to impeachment? It's seems Mueller would like to. So much for those brilliantly disappearing headlines.

Why would Trump say that his businesses are off limits? Does he dictate the scope and breadth of independent investigations? Cornered rat indeed.
    We'll soon see...but I think tRump may have made that statement so that his base will remain with him when he fires Mueller.  

I think tRump is right that his base will stick with him.  But I think he will lose major GOP support.  I can't believe he has any now....but it would be very bad for him to fire Mueller.
    Trump's base of 35% won't win elections. What will be most telling is how many republican house candidates that run in non-gerrymandered republican districts and republican senate candidates have Trump stump for them.
    Don't be sure. His 35% are voters who will walk through hell to vote for the guy. They're where the passion lies at the moment. It's personal to them. Pick off some independent percentage points with something like infrastructure and there's an easy path to victory. 
    The guy isn't savvy in politics, but he's developed a mindset in his base that would have them die before not voting for him again. Those are the types of voters you want in your corner. 
    You can't win with 35% 
    You can when only 60% of eligible voters go and vote.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    Looks like Mueller isn't concerned with Trump's threats, and is taking a "wide-angle" approach to Trump's business dealings. Russia connections, shady business transactions, Deutsche Bank, here we go! 

"The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trumpcampaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe.

FBI investigators and others are looking at Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a controversial SoHo development with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch in 2008, the person said."

Would anyone like to follow the money, from Russia with love and a PTAPE, all the way to impeachment? It's seems Mueller would like to. So much for those brilliantly disappearing headlines.

Why would Trump say that his businesses are off limits? Does he dictate the scope and breadth of independent investigations? Cornered rat indeed.
    We'll soon see...but I think tRump may have made that statement so that his base will remain with him when he fires Mueller.  

I think tRump is right that his base will stick with him.  But I think he will lose major GOP support.  I can't believe he has any now....but it would be very bad for him to fire Mueller.
    Trump's base of 35% won't win elections. What will be most telling is how many republican house candidates that run in non-gerrymandered republican districts and republican senate candidates have Trump stump for them.
    Don't be sure. His 35% are voters who will walk through hell to vote for the guy. They're where the passion lies at the moment. It's personal to them. Pick off some independent percentage points with something like infrastructure and there's an easy path to victory. 
    The guy isn't savvy in politics, but he's developed a mindset in his base that would have them die before not voting for him again. Those are the types of voters you want in your corner. 
    You can't win with 35% 
    Exactly. And you pick off just a few points from independents. What I posted on the last page is completely realistic. If he survives to 2020 and feels the desire to run again, IF NOTHING CHANGES with his current numbers, he has a path to re-election. 
    Do I think it will happen? No. his numbers could still drop several points. That means he has to move to the middle for a few more points. Infrastructure would do that. Or a war. I'm just pointing out that this won't be a slam dunk. Democrats need to find an amazing candidate out there. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Stop commenting on other members or risk timeout. Discuss the subject, NOT EACH OTHER. Maybe this obnoxious caps and bolding will help with clarity on this issue...tired of saying it. Next, heads will have to roll by your choice. Thanks. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

You can't win with 35% 
    Exactly. And you pick off just a few points from independents. What I posted on the last page is completely realistic. If he survives to 2020 and feels the desire to run again, IF NOTHING CHANGES with his current numbers, he has a path to re-election. 
    Do I think it will happen? No. his numbers could still drop several points. That means he has to move to the middle for a few more points. Infrastructure would do that. Or a war. I'm just pointing out that this won't be a slam dunk. Democrats need to find an amazing candidate out there. 
    Exactly.  A lot of dems don't realize this and focus on the nothingburgers instead.  When President Trump is re-elected they are going to lose their minds asking themselves over and over again "How did this happen"?
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

You can't win with 35% 
    You can with voter apathy.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Trump has definitely committed financial crimes... I think that's obvious... but what do I know? 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

You can't win with 35% 
    Exactly.  A lot of dems don't realize this and focus on the nothingburgers instead.  When President Trump is re-elected they are going to lose their minds asking themselves over and over again "How did this happen"?
    It's really funny (well, not funny; depressing) but you can really see this coming.  Of course, 2020 is a long way away, but the American left is so certain he's going to lose because he's a buffoon.  It's the same way the left felt last fall.  They can't just throw out Tim Kaine and expect Trump to beat himself.  So who is that candidate?  That's the scarry thing; so far, there's nobody.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    ^^^
    The American left has settled on Pence if President Trump does not get re-elected in 2020

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

It begs the question: Why weren't ties that posed conflicts of interest like that thoroughly examined before Trump was nominated, so make sure that what is happening now wouldn't be necessary?
    GOP doesn't care as long as it's their guy in charge forget the constitution, Ryan is spineless !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,750
    MayDay10 said:
    that new york times interview is Ibizarre.  You cant even find somewhere to begin with that.  

This guy was elected President.  Holy shit.  

The panic mode theory kind of makes sense.
    It's crazy. We've had presidents I've agreed with and those I have not. We've never had one where it was obvious he had no idea what he was talking about on most any subject.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    that new york times interview is Ibizarre.  You cant even find somewhere to begin with that.  

This guy was elected President.  Holy shit.  

The panic mode theory kind of makes sense.
    It's crazy. We've had presidents I've agreed with and those I have not. We've never had one where it was obvious he had no idea what he was talking about on most any subject.
    I agree. That interview was bizarre. He's completely clueless.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    The spokesman for Trump's legal team has resigned. I wouldn't want that job either.
  • Options
    Trumpy is brushing up on his pardon lingo. Things are picking up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Cracks in the damn

No matter what happens Putin totally fucking won and his plan worked perfectly. We have a clueless and corrupt clown as President

Fucking SAD!
  • Options
    ^^^
    Putin won what? 
    Do you hear yourself as an American saying this in cyberspace?  
    Seriously, enough with the Russia caused President Trump stuff. Prove it or move it.

• Options
  • Options
    ^^^
    Putin won what? 
    Seriously, enough with the Russia caused President Trump stuff. Prove it or move it.

Russia quite clearly meddled in the election, and tried to meddle even more than it did. This much isn't even up for debate.

Based on this administration's complete non-reaction -- at times even flat denying what happened happened -- Russia has no incentive not to interfere in the 2018 mid-terms, the 2020 presidential election or any election beyond that.

I have no confidence in those elections as things currently stand, nor should any American. That was Putin's goal, and mission accomplished.

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    ^^^
    Putin won what? 

Literally no one is saying "Russia caused Trump". Russia helped Trump, but they didn't win it for him. 
    George Brett hit a home run to win a game. Turns out he had too much pine tar on the bat and he was called out and ejected. The tar didn't make the ball go any further, but it is still against the rules. And now Trump is storming out of the dugout looking like a moron because he clearly had too much tar, and his own self stupidity caused it and took the home run away.  
    There. I summed it up. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    ^^^
    I am not saying that it should happen overnight but you have to conclude that as fast as these "breaking news impeachment worthy nothing burgers" come up they disappear to the next one almost daily. It's time for action.  Less talk more walk.

I love how the never ending impeachment story is just as much of a nightmare for irrational people like this kid as the trump presidency is for the rest of civilization. Kind of evens itself out. Almost makes me wish it will last longer than it probably will. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    ^^^
    Putin won what? 

We don't have to prove it, the many investigations into the matter will either prove it or move it.  And worst yet you are ignoring the single worst thing Trump has done as president.  Even if there is no collusion....he is allowing his fear of collusion to result in ZERO action against a foreign nation that all intelligence communities agree specifically targeted our election process.  His inaction speaks volumes.  And shows he puts himself over country.  I want him gone for failing to protect the US from foreign enemies.  It's nonsense.  

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    edited July 2017
    During Trump's 'Made in America' week, Mar-a-Lago Club seeks more foreign workers

Mar-a-Lago Club seeks more foreign workers 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    So now tRump's attorneys are starting to jump ship due to tRump directly them to start going after Mueller.  Conway was on TV this morning saying the investigation has stalled and that is what led Mueller to go into tRump's businesses.  

It's really fucking amazing what is happening.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    has a full list of Mueller investigators been released?
    some claim that Clinton Foundation attorneys are part of Mueller team. other claims are that some have made substantial donations to the "Clintons".
    If accurate, it creates a snowstorm of conflict of interest claims.
    can't get any uglier... a nation divided.
  • Options
    ^^^

I'm confused about how you cannot see the smoke literally everywhere around this. 
This discussion has been closed.