Donald Trump

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    According to the WAPO

Trump has made 836 false or misleading claims since January.

The president has averaged 4.9 misstatements a day during his first six months in office.

Unacceptable.  Impeach this sorry SOB.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Put down the guard for a second folks.  Latest tweet from President Trump...
    Melania and I send our thoughts and prayers to Senator McCain, Cindy, and their entire family. Get well soon.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/07/19/statement-president-donald-j-trump

"get well soon". like mccain ate a fucking bad burrito from taco bell or something. he has brain cancer. maybe saying something nice about the man would be what a regular president would do, but not this idiot.
    I think you are reaching here.  I didn't know saying "Get well soon" to someone that is sick is a bad thing....ever.  What do you want him to say..."Oh well john, it's not like your sick from eating at taco bell, cancer's a bitch and you'll probably not get well soon".?

Well, I suppose "get well soon" is a big step up from this disrespectful garbage:

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Trump is a scumbag
  • H2M - from your beloved news source, thoughts?.......http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/19/politics/donald-trump-interview-jeff-sessions/index.html
    "Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself, which frankly I think is very unfair to the President," Trump said, referring to himself. "How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, 'Thanks, Jeff, but I'm not going to take you.' It's extremely unfair -- and that's a mild word -- to the President."

Donny learned a new word it seems. Used three times in one tweet. He must have heard a staffer use it and then wanted to come across as really smart by using it as well. He needs to realize he doesn't have to work too hard to make himself look clever to his base. They were impressed when he said this: "Vroom vroom. I'm a firefighter driving a red fire truck. Vroom vroom!"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Put down the guard for a second folks.  Latest tweet from President Trump...
    Melania and I send our thoughts and prayers to Senator McCain, Cindy, and their entire family. Get well soon.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/07/19/statement-president-donald-j-trump

"get well soon". like mccain ate a fucking bad burrito from taco bell or something. he has brain cancer. maybe saying something nice about the man would be what a regular president would do, but not this idiot.
    I think you are reaching here.  I didn't know saying "Get well soon" to someone that is sick is a bad thing....ever.  What do you want him to say..."Oh well john, it's not like your sick from eating at taco bell, cancer's a bitch and you'll probably not get well soon".?

Well, I suppose "get well soon" is a big step up from this disrespectful garbage:

So stupid.

How many of these stupid things has he said now? I'm not talking of the run of the mill, everyday stupid things that he has said. I'm talking of the out of this world, completely moronic things he has said: things you could never imagine somebody saying in his position.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    There are two very instructive things that come out of this quote:
    1. He believes the DOJ is there to serve as his personal counsel.  This is of course a complete misunderstanding of the DOJ's mission and independence.  Trump has both internal counsel in Don McGann (sp?) and his outside counsel he hired.  The DOJ is not there to serve him, yet that is his belief.
    2. He is clearly trying to get Sessions to quit.  This is the best scenario for TRump.  Then he could bring in someone totally disconnected from the campaign, who could then fire Mueller.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    mrussel1 said:
    There are two very instructive things that come out of this quote:
    1. He believes the DOJ is there to serve as his personal counsel.  This is of course a complete misunderstanding of the DOJ's mission and independence.  Trump has both internal counsel in Don McGann (sp?) and his outside counsel he hired.  The DOJ is not there to serve him, yet that is his belief.
    2. He is clearly trying to get Sessions to quit.  This is the best scenario for TRump.  Then he could bring in someone totally disconnected from the campaign, who could then fire Mueller.  
    This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Joe Scarborough thinks that tRump might be in full panic mode.  He might believe that his Russian connections are going to be exposed which will bring down everything he has.  This could be a constitutional crisis in the making.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    Jesus Christ. He doesn't know how health insurance works. He thinks it works like a life insurance plan. $12 per year? Wtf is he talking about?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/20/trump-thinks-young-people-pay-12-for-health-insurance.html
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    #PTAPE
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    that new york times interview is bizarre.  You cant even find somewhere to begin with that.  

This guy was elected President.  Holy shit.  

The panic mode theory kind of makes sense.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    my2hands said:
    Just saw a Fox News poll stating that 60% of the country wants to fix the ACA. 30% want to tear it up and start over. 
    now is the time. medicare for all. no more bullshit. dems need to start pushing for it now or it will never happen.
    Not happening in my lifetime
    we said that about gay marriage too.
    And about Trump being the POTUS, lol. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited July 2017

No shit. Saying "get well soon" to someone who has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness is ... exactly what one would expect from Trump, because he's a fool who literally never gets even the little things right. The last message of condolence that he sent out, for 16 dead marines, ended in a tone deaf exclamation point. He is incapable of hitting the mark with such messages because he in fact doesn't give a shit and is incapable of even the smallest amount of empathy or sympathy.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    I fully expect McMaster and Sessions to resign before too long. 
    That would be bad.  I may not agree with them but they are generally sane 
    McMaster is probably the right guy for the job right now. Sessions, while he may be generally sane, is a class-A asshole, and I'd be fine with him stepping down. He is a danger to the country, and our liberties. He wants to bring back mandatory minimum sentences for drug offenses, ramp the DARE program back up, fill up private prisons with non-violent drug offenders and illegals, and increase the use of civil forfeiture. Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III is a pompous, 5'4" hillbilly douchenozzle.

Unfortunately a few minutes ago he said he plans to continue to serve as AG and has no plans of stepping down.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

The problem is that it shows complete detachment and zero thought. Glioblastoma isn't something you get well soon from. It is a nasty, debilitating, malignant, aggressive tumor. I've known a couple of people who had that, and it isn't good. I think the average survival is about 14 months with treatment. Get well soon just doesn't seem to cover it, and comes off as completely insincere, or aloof.
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I fully expect McMaster and Sessions to resign before too long. 
    That would be bad.  I may not agree with them but they are generally sane 
    McMaster is probably the right guy for the job right now. Sessions, while he may be generally sane, is a class-A asshole, and I'd be fine with him stepping down. He is a danger to the country, and our liberties. He wants to bring back mandatory minimum sentences for drug offenses, ramp the DARE program back up, fill up private prisons with non-violent drug offenders and illegals, and increase the use of civil forfeiture. Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III is a pompous, 5'4" hillbilly douchenozzle.

Unfortunately a few minutes ago he said he plans to continue to serve as AG and has no plans of stepping down.
    Sorry, I was thinking about Mattis, not Sessions.  Sessions fucking sucks.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,259
    Just the fact the he believes that FBI CIA or any intel agency has to pledge their allegiance to him is insane , im hoping that the Senate & house both put this idiot in his place ! He actually believes the next FBI director should be under his watch damn talk about using the Russian playbook ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited July 2017
    I found that interview absolutely shocking. He made it even more clear that he has no fucking clue about how the government or the law works, and also that he doesn't give a shit - to him, the law and the constitution and whatnot are completely irrelevant. He thinks he should be able to run the country the same way he ran his business, where he's the dictator. He is not wavering from that attitude at all as far as I can tell. And he's in charge of the country. It's just.... I don't even know how to put words to it anymore.
    Lol @ "get well soon"

Maybe he meant to write that in a card for a 12 year old who is out of school with chicken pox
    PJ_Soul said:
    I found that interview absolutely shocking. He made it even more clear that he has no fucking clue about how the government or the law works, and also that he doesn't give a shit - to him, the law and the constitution and whatnot are completely irrelevant. He thinks he should be able to run the country the same way he ran his business, where he's the dictator. He is not wavering from that attitude at all as far as I can tell. And he's in charge of the country. It's just.... I don't even know how to put words to it anymore.
    Scary comes to mind , and people believed Obama was trying to take people's rights this bafoon has already trampled the constitution he will declare marshal law before this is all over ! 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't think there are words for it.
    Maybe we need a new word for Trump?
    I suggest "emberrifying".
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Looks like Mueller isn't concerned with Trump's threats, and is taking a "wide-angle" approach to Trump's business dealings. Russia connections, shady business transactions, Deutsche Bank, here we go! 

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

"The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trumpcampaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe.

FBI investigators and others are looking at Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a controversial SoHo development with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch in 2008, the person said."

jeffbr said:
    Looks like Mueller isn't concerned with Trump's threats, and is taking a "wide-angle" approach to Trump's business dealings. Russia connections, shady business transactions, Deutsche Bank, here we go! 

"The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trumpcampaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe.

FBI investigators and others are looking at Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a controversial SoHo development with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch in 2008, the person said."

I'm sure Trump knew about the probe moving to his business when he made the statements.  It's why he didn't threaten to shut it down if they crossed the "red line" (as the NYT's put it).  Mueller was already past it.
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's actually a great word.  
    Wasnt he soliciting proof that obama was kenyan?  Wasnt that out of bounds (or am i mistaking silly)
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    jeffbr said:

Would anyone like to follow the money, from Russia with love and a PTAPE, all the way to impeachment? It's seems Mueller would like to. So much for those brilliantly disappearing headlines.

Why would Trump say that his businesses are off limits? Does he dictate the scope and breadth of independent investigations? Cornered rat indeed.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Like it totally fits orange bafoon ! 
    jeffbr said:

Would anyone like to follow the money, from Russia with love and a PTAPE, all the way to impeachment? It's seems Mueller would like to. So much for those brilliantly disappearing headlines.

Why would Trump say that his businesses are off limits? Does he dictate the scope and breadth of independent investigations? Cornered rat indeed.
    We'll soon see...but I think tRump may have made that statement so that his base will remain with him when he fires Mueller.  

I think tRump is right that his base will stick with him.  But I think he will lose major GOP support.  I can't believe he has any now....but it would be very bad for him to fire Mueller.

jeffbr said:

It begs the question: Why weren't ties that posed conflicts of interest like that thoroughly examined before Trump was nominated, so make sure that what is happening now wouldn't be necessary?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    If he fires Mueller, it will just be someone else that will pick up where Mueller left off. Trump won't be able to outrun this shitstorm.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.