~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    URthekey said:
    Some very lovely dog pics in this thread,
    Thought I might show off this nice shot I got on our a.m walk.
    Her name is Alice.
    Alice looks beautiful in the light.   I love her expression.   :heart:  
    Is she a Catahoula Leopard dog?

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    I think Alice is at least part Catahoula but am not positive. (We got her as a rescue) From her markings and physical features...webbed toes, black tongue, and partial blue eye, ....plus the fact that she was born in Mississippi, I'm thinking it's likely she's got some Catahoula in the mix.
    Here's another nice shot I took of her back in December. I love the color in this one.

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    URthekey said:
    I think Alice is at least part Catahoula but am not positive. (We got her as a rescue) From her markings and physical features...webbed toes, black tongue, and partial blue eye, ....plus the fact that she was born in Mississippi, I'm thinking it's likely she's got some Catahoula in the mix.
    Here's another nice shot I took of her back in December. I love the color in this one.

Very nice!
    My sister had a Catahoula named Ashes for several years.   Ashes spent some time with us while my sister and her family were living in Germany.  That dog loved to run.  You really had to hold on to her when you walked her.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Such happy, loving, beautiful dogs in this thread.  Love it!

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Here's the deer norm just chased.

Here's Norm after chasing the deer.

If you're worried about the deer, don't. Norm went right and the deer went left. Thats how I was able to get the pic of the deer. :smiley:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    edited July 2017
    Codie took this today at agility. The dog in the foreground is Pilot; Piper's half brother. Pilot was returned to the breeder because he paid more attention to the other dog at his new house than he did to the children. well, duh!

Pilot was in the crate cuz he's a wild puppy. Piper was in the crate while Codie walked the agility course.

Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited July 2017
    Wobbie said:
    Codie took this today agility. The dog in the foreground is Pilot; Piper's half brother. Pilot was returned to the breeder because he paid more attention to the other dog at his new how than he did to the children. well, duh!

Pilot was in the crate cuz he's a wild puppy. Piper was in the crate while Codie walked the agility course.

What?!?! Someone sent that guy back? I can't even imagine just giving up on a dog like that. He looks like he's just a baby! Are you taking him home Wob?
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I was scrolling through my photos and look what I found...Winston! @Enkidu

Wobbie said:
    Codie took this today agility. The dog in the foreground is Pilot; Piper's half brother. Pilot was returned to the breeder because he paid more attention to the other dog at his new how than he did to the children. well, duh!

What?!?! Someone sent that guy back? I can't even imagine just giving up on a dog like that. He looks like he's just a baby! Are you taking him home Wob?

Not with us, but Pilot landed in a bed of roses :triumph:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

Not with us, but Pilot landed in a bed of roses :triumph:
    Thank goodness, I thought I might have to drive to Utah!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I miss the PJ pups I've met, and continue to swoon over those I haven't (yet!).
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    norm said:
    Here's the deer norm just chased.

Here's Norm after chasing the deer.

If you're worried about the deer, don't. Norm went right and the deer went left. Thats how I was able to get the pic of the deer. :smiley:
    Lol. Oh, Norm  ;)=)

I'm glad that Pilot landed in a bed of roses.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    edited July 2017
    Hello people!
    it has been a very LONG time since I've been around stalking this thread! I have much to read and catch up on here for sure....
    i wanted to share my news here-  my doggie dreams are coming true! A few months ago, my husband and I finally sold our condo and bought a house with a yard...which meant we could get a dog!

A few weeks ago, we brought home our new babies...yes, plural. We got 2 brothers! 
    Meet Coco and McCready!!!

As you can see, there's a lot of sleeping going on in our house! 
    Coco is the chocolate and tan short hair and MCready is the chocolate and tan dapple (spotted) long hair.
    They are mini dachshunds (my favorite!!!) and they will be 12 weeks old on Thursday.  

They are doing so great getting adjusted to their new home.  We are totally in love (however, the jury is still out with our 2 adult cats! )

Its good to see some some familiar faces still around-
    I'm hoping to start keeping up around here again! 
    Post edited by GivenToLukinKP on
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
    That last pic :heart:

Keep sharing - and I hope your kitties warm up in time.  They usually do.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Coco is the chocolate and tan short hair and MCready is the chocolate and tan dapple (spotted) long hair.

McCready being McCready
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

McCready being McCready
    :bow:
    hedonist said:
    That last pic :heart:

Keep sharing - and I hope your kitties warm up in time.  They usually do.

They are doing pretty good, considering the big change in their lives.  The cats are literally 4-5 times times the size of the puppies, so that definitely helps.  We see them becoming more comfortable and curious about them every day.  The cat went from creeping past them to go to their litter box to stopping to sniff in their direction from just the other side of the play yard.  Baby steps.  We have been feeding them closer and closer to each other as well.  My food obsessed cat Fiona just 2 nights ago sat a couple of feet from the puppies when they ate dinner.  I am sure that has more to do with the fact that they are on a bland diet (chicken and rice while battling the poops) and Fiona is hoping they will leave a little chicken behind. ha ha!

Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    Poncier said:

McCready being McCready

LOVE IT!! ha ha!! 
    Makes much more sense...

Roxie after trying to pull the sprinkler heads out of the ground while they were running...

edited July 2017
    Hello people!
    it has been a very LONG time since I've been around stalking this thread! I have much to read and catch up on here for sure....
    i wanted to share my news here-  my doggie dreams are coming true! A few months ago, my husband and I finally sold our condo and bought a house with a yard...which meant we could get a dog!

A few weeks ago, we brought home our new babies...yes, plural. We got 2 brothers! 

As you can see, there's a lot of sleeping going on in our house! 
    They are mini dachshunds (my favorite!!!) and they will be 12 weeks old on Thursday.  

They are doing so great getting adjusted to their new home.  We are totally in love (however, the jury is still out with our 2 adult cats! )

Its good to see some some familiar faces still around-
    I'm hoping to start keeping up around here again! 
    Hello and welcome back! Those pups are adorable!

If you want, PM me your address again. I might have lost it and I came across something cool I think you and the hubby would appreciate! I don't think I have anymore stickers but if I can wrangle some up I will send them your way too! 

Edit - just realized I'm an idiot and you said you moved. Hahaha anyways, if you want to shoot me your new address, I will send you guys a cool gift. You've both been very kind to me in the past. 
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Roxie after trying to pull the sprinkler heads out of the ground while they were running...

"I is a gud dog, Dad!"
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

This might be the best doggie thread picture, ever!

might be :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    four youngsters, ready for puppy kindergarden. Piper is half sibling or auntie to all these guys.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Hello people!

Kelly!! don't know if you knew, but I'm the artist formerly known as imalive. great to see you back and great to see coco and mccready. don't be a stranger!

here's our little girl:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Despite the many losses many have experienced over the past 510 pages, this is one of my go-to places for smiles.
    edited July 2017
    Wobbie said:

This might be the best doggie thread picture, ever!

might be :wink:
    I should have posted the one of me soaking wet after chasing her from sprinkler to sprinkler.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2