Options

Would you enjoy this setlist?

The 32 rarest Pearl Jam songs (to catch live).

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    Yes... if you took the clunkers out.  Rare doesn't always mean good. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    were is hey foxy
    danny d
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited July 2017
    I love these projects that you do but, no, I don't think I'd enjoy this very much.
    (Although Dead Man and Fatal are great -  I now have a hankering to listen to the Benaroya Hall show!)
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I mean, I'd love to cross some of those off my list of songs I haven't heard. All at once though? With no hits or staples sprinkled in between? I'd prefer a Boston Experiment or Spectrum experience where a crazy number of rarities is spread over a number of nights. All at once might be too much of a good thing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Where's Get Right?
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Lots of rare songs but there's a reason they are not played live a lot.  It'd be a cool for a 10c only show but I think the vast majority of us would get pretty bored with this set list.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Where's Get Right?
    If my math is correct, it's been played more than the included songs.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Where's Get Right?
    If my math is correct, it's been played more than the included songs.
    I should probably reference a more Pearl Jam-oriented site like "Live Footsteps" or "Pearl Jam Database" but SetlistFM agrees with you:
    https://www.setlist.fm/stats/pearl-jam-23d6b80b.html

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    no
    why do you think they call them dogs
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Where's Get Right?

Right here man!
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    As far as would I enjoy an entire setlist like this, probably not. I love hearing the occasional rarity or 2, but there are a lot of songs in the rotation(s) that I enjoy more. Not to mention, most casual fans/concert attendees would be confused and the vibe would be terrible. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    With the exception of a couple, yes, I would enjoy this setlist. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    Yes would be interesting 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    edited July 2017
    Yes, but in a different order
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

Just a suggestion/request
    You should make some of these for each album - but in setlist order as opposed to album order (e.g., a Ten compilation would start with "Release" and end with "Alive").
  • Options
    angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    Yes....but I'd still want Gremmie.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Is it Pearl jam?
    Then, YES.

Would be an odd show.  No Fuck Me In The Brain?  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Is it Pearl jam?
    Then, YES.

Would be an odd show.  No Fuck Me In The Brain?  
    I bet I've missed a song or two. But Fuck me in the Brain I dopped because isn't it more of a "improv" ? Or maybe I have gotten that wrong...
  • Options

rummy said:

Just a suggestion/request
    You should make some of these for each album - but in setlist order as opposed to album order (e.g., a Ten compilation would start with "Release" and end with "Alive").
    I have vacation for two more weeks... so... maybe I should...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Probably true on Fuck Me In The Brain . 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    There's some clunkers here, but there's also some of their best stuff. I've heard and loved eight of these already - Bugs, No Lip, BRY, Hold On, No Way, Push Pull, Of the Earth and Let Me Sleep. 

I'd love to hear Fatal, Force of Nature, Strangest, Education and Undone. Maybe the Instrumental version of Brother. And Hold On a second time!

The rest, meh...
  • Options
    There's some clunkers here, but there's also some of their best stuff. I've heard and loved eight of these already - Bugs, No Lip, BRY, Hold On, No Way, Push Pull, Of the Earth and Let Me Sleep. 

I'd love to hear Fatal, Force of Nature, Strangest, Education and Undone. Maybe the Instrumental version of Brother. And Hold On a second time!

The rest, meh...
    what specific tracks are some of their "best stuff"?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

The rest, meh...
    If I may chine in: Dead Man is a fantastic song - not to get too deep here but it really is quite "haunting." Fatal and Around The Bend are quite nice, too. No Way's got a great groove (although it doesn't really "go anywhere" - to quote Stone, I believe). Finally, I actually like Help, Help. 

Admittedly, for me the rest of the songs range from just okay/meh to kinda crummy. I know I might take some shit for this statement. I'll even say it: I don't get what all the fuss is about for Hold On.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The rest, meh...
    If I may chine in: Dead Man is a fantastic song - not to get too deep here but it really is quite "haunting." Fatal and Around The Bend are quite nice, too. No Way's got a great groove (although it doesn't really "go anywhere" - to quote Stone, I believe). Finally, I actually like Help, Help. 

Admittedly, for me the rest of the songs range from just okay/meh to kinda crummy. I know I might take some shit for this statement. I'll even say it: I don't get what all the fuss is about for Hold On.
    Hold On is like a beautiful sequel to Black, taking place a month and a dozen of buckets of Ben & Jerrys later. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The rest, meh...

Yeah with the exception of dead man (and only because I like you rummy) nothing else is really their "best stuff."
    hold on was cool to see live but definitely not their best stuff. Again, there is a reason these songs are not played more live. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    No.
    I enjoy Pearl Jam concerts because they don't play setlists like these.

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The rest, meh...

Yeah with the exception of dead man (and only because I like you rummy) nothing else is really their "best stuff."
    hold on was cool to see live but definitely not their best stuff. Again, there is a reason these songs are not played more live. 
    I consider; Fatal, Other Side, Strangest Tribe, Force of Nature, Let Me Sleep and Hold On as "their best stuff". And I also really dig Help Help, Push me, Pull Me, Dead Man and Undone. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The rest, meh...

I consider; Fatal, Other Side, Strangest Tribe, Force of Nature, Let Me Sleep and Hold On as "their best stuff". And I also really dig Help Help, Push me, Pull Me, Dead Man and Undone. 
    Good songs but not "best stuff". 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited July 2017
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The rest, meh...

Good songs but not "best stuff". 
    Obviously thats relative, and how big you allow the "the best stuff" tier to be :) 

Sweet Lew is pointless though. Anyways. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Well, I said "some of their best stuff". I wasn't necessarily counting any of these among their superpowers. So, I guess that tier for me is pretty big. But, I think Fatal, Around the Bend, Strangest Tribe and Of the Earth are all magnificent. And while I wouldn't put Hold On in that group musically, I admittedly have a soft spot for it.