02. Bad-(U2)
03. Wishlist
(Ed addresses the audience in Italian)
04. I Am Mine
05. Can’t Keep
06. Without You
    Quartet enters the stage
07. Sleeping By Myself
08. It Happened Today-(Buck, Mills, Stipe)
    Quartet exits the stage
09. Drifting
10. Setting Forth
11. No Ceiling
12. Far Behind
13. Guaranteed
14. Rise
15. Picture In A Frame-(Brennan/Waits)
16. The Kids Are Alright-(Townshend)
17. Out Of Sand
18. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
19. Porch
20. Isn’t It A Pity-(Harrison)
21. Crazy Mary-(Williams) {during “pass it around” outro Ed invites a guy from Croatia up to the stage to grab Ed’s bottle of wine so he can pass it around.}
    Quartet enters the stage
22. Jeremy {during song Ed goes into the audience}
23. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno)-partial
24. Just Breathe
25. Lukin (fast)
    Quartet exits the stage
26. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) with Glen Hansard {Ed sings main vocal. Glen plays acoustic guitar and sings harmony}
27. Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) with Glen Hansard {performed busking style-no amplification}
28. Society-(Hannan) with Glen Hansard
    Quartet is called to the stage
29. All Along The Watchtower-(Dylan) with Glen Hansard & Strings
30. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard, Red Limo string quartet (singing) and Ed’s daughters

Glen Hansard Set List
01. High Hope
02. Winning Streak
03. My Ruin
04. When Your MInd’s Made Up
05. Bird Of Sorrow
06. Vigilante Man
07. Way Back

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Awesome looking venue.  I hope everyone had a good time!!!! Was bad full song?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    Venue was amazing... sounded great. Best seats I've ever had and best venue I've attended. 

Cool ok to see Eddie in such a good mood
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Is there any vids of Bad from the tour??! I'd love to see it. 
  • rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    Bad was the full song. There were plenty who broke the no filming rule so I'm sure you can find a video. 
  • What an amazing night! The setting was spectacular, with the volcano smoking in the background during Glen's set. Then, the moment Eddie started Long Road, the nearby town set off fireworks right behind the Theater. Wow, what a start!
    Eddie was in a great mood, his girls bringing him instruments, lots of interaction with the audience, the set list was awesome... Jeremy on strings, Sleepless Nights a Capella without amps... I will never forget this night. Can't wait for tomorrow night!!!
  • cocheese77cocheese77 Manchester UK Posts: 29
    WOW!! Just WOW!!!!!!!!
    www.stickittoms.com

Birmingham 2009 582 Drummers
    Manchester 2012 798 Drummers!!

Raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    edited June 2017
    In before Greek dude: "Epic OMG!!!!!"
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    09. Drifting

Thank you Alex for the live streaming (audio)! :smiley:

I'm drifting alone...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • AponeApone Posts: 575
    Venue looked incredible, bet the eveneing was an amazing one.  Hope everyone enjoyed it 
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    edited June 2017
    Man that sleepless night a capella with Glen and ed standing on front of the stage in an absolute silence... was unreal..(Loved the resonator uke..)

Loved the missed crazy mary part too that was really funny. Could speak about the show for hours, gonna enjoy the sea instead though :tongue:
    Post edited by Tristelune on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited June 2017
    I cant even find words to describe it
    Ill say only this..it was like u are relaxed at your sofa and listen studio album with headphones...
    Never heard better sound in a venue in my life..
    More to follow

Ps..eddie thanks for cross from the setlist the song i wish to hear in this tour..parting ways....cos now i have hope that something can top.last night!!!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • andlucyandlucy Posts: 4
    Wishing he would do tour with Glen in the U.S. soon! At least for all the fans here in Seattle!

• Was "Isn't it a pity" full song? Thanks
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Croatian bartender....that's me hahahahaha

What can I say about this night...I had my family with me my wife, daughter 16, and son 10. For my kids this was first PJ/EV show and we had a seating tickets somewhere but my son Marko was really lucky when he and my wife were coming up the stairs some dude stop them and start talking asking if this was his first show and then he give them 4 ticket for the first row and said they are EV guest tonight...how fucking great is that, I couldn't believe when I saw it.
    And then everything else is a history hahahaha
    My kids were thrilled and Marko was so proud how he got the tickets hahaha

He got guitar pick from Ed and next day he was telling his friends all about it but none of his friends didn't know who Eddie was and his answer was he is only the biggest rock legend hahahahaha and that's just makes father so proud ;-)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    If any of you by chance have any pics or clips form Ed's bartender (me) I would love to have something to hold on ;-)
    Also Brasilian guy how drink wine with me is searching any material.
    Any help would be appreciated ;-)
    Thanks
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Croatian bartender....that's me hahahahaha

What can I say about this night...I had my family with me my wife, daughter 16, and son 10. For my kids this was first PJ/EV show and we had a seating tickets somewhere but my son Marko was really lucky when he and my wife were coming up the stairs some dude stop them and start talking asking if this was his first show and then he give them 4 ticket for the first row and said they are EV guest tonight...how fucking great is that, I couldn't believe when I saw it.
    And then everything else is a history hahahaha
    My kids were thrilled and Marko was so proud how he got the tickets hahaha

He got guitar pick from Ed and next day he was telling his friends all about it but none of his friends didn't know who Eddie was and his answer was he is only the biggest rock legend hahahahaha and that's just makes father so proud ;-)
    That's so awesome!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Came back from Sicily last night..no words for me either..Ed, the theater, the setlists, pure magic..
    still in shock!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • frasanfrasan Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I was with my wheelchair and Eddie came to shake my hand during Jeremy. Please, if you have photo let me know :-)  
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
    nicknyr15 said:
    Is there any vids of Bad from the tour??! I'd love to see it. 
    +1
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Great start with a cracking version of Long Road into Bad. Loved hearing Bad as it is my favourite U2 song. (Running) Out of Sand was amazing live as well. Probably his best sounding song of the night imo. Next up was Betterman which had some amazing crowd support. I got chills listening to it again. Isn't it a Pity was a nice surprise as was All Along the Watchtower. Overall great night in an amazing town and venue. 

• Uby77Uby77 Posts: 17
    Hello guys,
    as you can see that was my perfect show as I can attended it with my 1 and a half son.
    We were called by Eddie on the stage as he "has been  rocking all night long with his arms", as Eddie said.
    I will appreciate anyone who has pics of that moment and would like to share it with me.
    IMG_3556.JPG
    Best,
    Umberto