psst....7/10/17

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited July 2017
    Brisk. said:
    Why is the full thing not on Vinyl. Seems pointless to me.
    It isn't the first incomplete show they've released.  

At least they release shows.

It seems more pointless for the band to release shows.  Everyone bitches about them not releasing shows, and then bitch when they do.
    Post edited by kramer73 on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    kramer73 said:
    Brisk. said:

It seems more pointless for the band to release shows.  Everyone bitches about them not releasing shows, and then bitch when they do.
    I think releasing an incomplete show is reason to discuss in order to make vault 8 perfect.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If we are going by recent pattern, Vault 8 will prob be the Triple J Melbourne 98 show that can be found on Suck My Dick Records
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    If we are going by recent pattern, Vault 8 will prob be the Triple J Melbourne 98 show that can be found on Suck My Dick Records
    Actually a pretty fun one to spin!  Could use a real mix tho
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Vaults 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 were all previously unavailable 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Glad they are giving us the full show digitally, but I wouldn't have minded if they just cut a 4th LP from the broadcast just to have the whole show on vinyl. Even if that makes the price jump to $70.

I would've taken that too.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    JojoRice said:
    WRIGLEY for Vault 8!
    I would expect Wrigley to be a general/public release.  That would be good because then maybe we dont' have to wait a year.  It definitely will be a blu ray, but I'm hopeful there will be a vinyl package too.  And then at that point, hopefully the individual FLAC shows are released.  
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    WRIGLEY for Vault 8!
    I would expect Wrigley to be a general/public release.  That would be good because then maybe we dont' have to wait a year.  It definitely will be a blu ray, but I'm hopeful there will be a vinyl package too.  And then at that point, hopefully the individual FLAC shows are released.  
    I HOPE Wrigley 2013 comes out first. 4 years and still no Bootleg from that show?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Keep the vault open.  Complete.  Incomplete.  I love it
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Hey 10c maybe call up Metallica and get some shipping tips. New live 3lp set, $39.99 and $17 shipping to Canada!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    PJ radio playing the show right now!!!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited July 2017
    I'm excited for this. I don't understand those who aren't based on the fact it already exists. Every version I've heard sounds like crap compared to the official boots. I can't even listen to any of my unofficial boots anymore. I saw a vinyl copy of this at Amoeba Recods about 19 years ago (at least I think it was this show, but it's been a while...) for $225 and was shocked when it was gone a few days later. I don't see the point of bootleg vinyls, if it sounds like crap to begin with, why wax it? And why pay that much for it? You wouldn't pay $250 for a bootleg backpack someone silkscreened PJ20 on.
    so I'm assuming this will be far better than any other version, and therefore I'm excited. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    THANK YOU for not putting the digital tracks on wax

Quality > Quantity
  • stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    I'm still not clear: will the entire show be available digitally or just the non-multi track songs?

While I would have loved to have had the entire show on wax I'd be ok if we get everything digitally. That way I can enjoy spinning when I get the chance to sit down to listen to vinyl and but I can access the music when I'm on the move which is how I listen to most music anyway these days. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    kramer73 said:
    Brisk. said:

Or let people have opinions and discuss on... you know... a message board.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

stratmad said:
    I'm still not clear: will the entire show be available digitally or just the non-multi track songs?

While I would have loved to have had the entire show on wax I'd be ok if we get everything digitally. That way I can enjoy spinning when I get the chance to sit down to listen to vinyl and but I can access the music when I'm on the move which is how I listen to most music anyway these days. 
    Isn't it also released on CD, so it will  be available digital. Im pretty sure we also get a download link!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Why 150gram and not 180gram? The weight of the thing? Or?
    Why haven't Pearl Jam started a European located shop yet? When other artists have no problems to do so, to save in shipping and the environment? 
    And I get that the look of these are a way to be able to release any show and not have to worry about the design of them not matching. 

But for the cost of them, I'm starting to crave more... amazing looking covers. Haha.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    tbergs said:
    The reality is that many of these old shows are probably incomplete just like Soldier Field and we may only be able to get partially complete shows, so what's better, a partial excellent mixed bootleg or nothing at all? It seems we have gotten a bit greedy. I'm bummed the whole show isn't available for the LP, but excited they are finally making this one official. This and Australia get the most playing from 95 for me besides the end of the tour US dates that are pretty good quality. I'm curious to hear how much difference there will be since I actually thought the bootleg out there sounds pretty damn good, especially with all the crowd noise.

There's a pretty good chance most of these old shows will be missing tracks, so anyone wishing for Randal's, Indio, Oakland or whatever may be disappointed unless we change our view on what we get.

As for shipping prices, sorry to all those in the international zones. That really sucks.
    Completeness aside, it seems pretty clear with the Vault releases that they are looking for shows with multi track sourcing, particularly for the ones that have been pushed out on Vinyl.  
    I think, with a lot of the shows in 1995 and 1996, my suspicion would be that location hindered the ability to do multi track set ups, but hopefully I am being naive and am wrong. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:
    The reality is that many of these old shows are probably incomplete just like Soldier Field and we may only be able to get partially complete shows, so what's better, a partial excellent mixed bootleg or nothing at all? It seems we have gotten a bit greedy. I'm bummed the whole show isn't available for the LP, but excited they are finally making this one official. This and Australia get the most playing from 95 for me besides the end of the tour US dates that are pretty good quality. I'm curious to hear how much difference there will be since I actually thought the bootleg out there sounds pretty damn good, especially with all the crowd noise.

There's a pretty good chance most of these old shows will be missing tracks, so anyone wishing for Randal's, Indio, Oakland or whatever may be disappointed unless we change our view on what we get.

As for shipping prices, sorry to all those in the international zones. That really sucks.
    I had always assumed the band had recorded the majority of their shows, but maybe that's not the case (I'm not sure where I read that they had).   If they didn't maybe you are right.  Maybe the pre '98 soundboards are fewer and more far between than we thought?

Either that or the technology at the time cause various f'ups during the recording process and left songs incomplete (tape flips maybe?)
    It is the encore that is missing from this show, so it simply could be the multi-track was not geared for such a long show.  The complete board is available, just not a multi-track, that is where the digital files for the encore are sourced.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:

I had always assumed the band had recorded the majority of their shows, but maybe that's not the case (I'm not sure where I read that they had).   If they didn't maybe you are right.  Maybe the pre '98 soundboards are fewer and more far between than we thought?

Either that or the technology at the time cause various f'ups during the recording process and left songs incomplete (tape flips maybe?)
    It is the encore that is missing from this show, so it simply could be the multi-track was not geared for such a long show.  The complete board is available, just not a multi-track, that is where the digital files for the encore are sourced.
    What does multi track mean?
    edited July 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:

Multiple sources of recording. Instruments and vocals are recorded individually so it can be mixed after the fact.(?) Like in the studio.
  • tthorgeirsontthorgeirson Calgary Posts: 8
    Horse2345 said:
    Hey 10c maybe call up Metallica and get some shipping tips. New live 3lp set, $39.99 and $17 shipping to Canada!
    Absolutely! Not to side-track, but that record sounds phenomenal, too. $17 shipping to Canada... Let's get this done, team!  =)
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    kramer73 said:
    Brisk. said:

Or let people have opinions and discuss on... you know... a message board.
    I love when people here try to I guess for lack of a better term, bully. I agree fans are discussing the release.

OF COURSE WE ALL WANT THE VAULT OPEN! OF COURSE WE WANT SHOWS THAT AREN'T AVAILABLE! OF COURSE WE WANT MORE MUSIC.

Is that unrealistic to assume they could press a complete show?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Will buy, but damn those shipping rates.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Horse2345 said:
    Absolutely! Not to side-track, but that record sounds phenomenal, too. $17 shipping to Canada... Let's get this done, team!  =)
    Please for the love of Jebus please get this done. $43.99US postage rate to Canada? Why hasn't the 10club manager checked in on this? Dude, find a better shipping rate to Canada. 
    This is the first Vault release I will be buying both the vinyl & cd, digital tracks or not... love this show 

mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:

Multiple sources of recording. Instruments and vocals are recorded individually so it can be mixed after the fact.(?) Like in the studio.
    That makes sense. Thank you!
    Reading through this thread i have no idea why people would want the digital files on this LP

Probably the same people that will never open it