psst....7/10/17

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Why is the full thing not on Vinyl. Seems pointless to me.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    So, was the description changed or is PJ Soul out of her mind?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I so wanted to hear that nearly 10 minute version of blood on vinyl.  Love the show but I am bummed that it's incomplete.  
    Can someone please make a bootleg vinyl copy of randall's 2 and sell it all over the place?  Then the ten club will have no other option than to sell an official one lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2017
    Good question. I am pretty sure I'm not..... I dunno - I could have sworn I read something else that gave me the impression that the whole thing would be on vinyl, but it's unsettling to see people claiming otherwise, lol. Maybe I read it somewhere else and forgot where i was looking. If so, then my bad. :tongue:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Better watch out with those comments... :nuh_uh:  She's gonna come after you...  :fearful:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Good question. I am pretty sure I'm not..... I dunno - I could have sworn I read something else that gave me the impression that the whole thing would be on vinyl, but it's unsettling to see people claiming otherwise, lol. Maybe I read it somewhere else and forgot where i was looking. If so, then my bad. :tongue:
    Description has not changed since item was made active.
    slh
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I'm happy and of course will buy it but just figured I'd throw out my thoughts here:

the Dead are releasing complete shows from way back in '77 that were recorded reel to reel back in the day and sound incredible yet PJ are releasing incomplete shows from 18 years later that already existed on vinyl so they can attack bootleggers?  Wtf?! 

We all wait and wait for months and months giving show ideas and our wishes and then they release a show that yes, is in fact a must have, but already available and fucking incomplete? Blows my mind.  Only PJ.

my 2 requests:

1- PJ please let's skip ahead in the vault series-, past this anti-bootlegging vault 7 (like vault 4 was too) and do a preorder next month for a vault 8 that is COMPLETE for once and not widely available.  That is what the VAULT is supposed to be, right? Something special that you've kept hidden away in the, well... vault?!

2- schedule a live chat online with someone from the band, the fans and 10c where our questions and input can get heard by those who make the decisions.  If most of the 95-96 shows are incomplete, LET US KNOW and we'd understand!  If the sound quality is only great on a handful of shows, we'd understand!  As far as we know, you have close to 1000 shows you could put on vinyl, yet you keep picking incomplete ones and ones that some idiot out there has attempted to bootleg.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • If you had said to me a few years back that Pearl Jam would release loads of old shows on LP, kinda like the Grateful Dead do, then I would have bitten your hand off to get copies and been so excited about the whole thing.

Fast forward to 2017 and the way they are dealt with and the pricing for non-US citizens just doesn't make me excited and means I have given up buying them.

Such a shame as the idea was brilliant but the delivery of the product has really lacked something. Incomplete shows and months late postage (or no-show at all in my case).

Dealing with third man records was such a joy when they did the PJ thing and it shows how good the vault series could be.

Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
    edited July 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    slh
    Well then fuck me, I guess I read it elsewhere - wish I knew where, because I want to prove to people that I actually read something and didn't make it all up out of thin air, lol. Sorry everyone! That's embarrassing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    slh
    Well then fuck me, I guess I read it elsewhere - wish I knew where, because I want to prove to people that I actually read something and didn't make it all up out of thin air, lol. Sorry everyone! That's embarrassing.
    see Allie, once you hit 40 your memory is shot.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    slh
    see Allie, once you hit 40 your memory is shot.
    The hill seems steeper than I expected. :lol:
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    I'm happy to have this show chosen for the vault. It's such a good show that I can't wait to hear it from a good audio source. I had a bootleg copy previously but sold.it because I never listened to it once more live PJ vinyl became available.

However, it is a shame that it will be incomplete. I would have taken an extra disc of inferior quality rather than not have it at all. 

With regards to the international shipping cost, I almost passed on the last vault because of this. But once it arrived, and it was so good, I was happy I decided to go for it. I'm not massive on merch, so this is my one extravagant (for me anyway!) purchase each year.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    slh
    Feel free to make  an appointment for a pyche evaluation at any time. :look_at_the_time:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    slh
    Feel free to make  an appointment for a pyche evaluation at any time. :look_at_the_time:

• GS4566GS4566 Posts: 53
    edited July 2017
    I have several versions of the monkeywrench broadcast and I am excited to get a solid multitrack of the main part of this great show. 

I wonder and assume that the broadcast songs and encore will be mono. Unless by some miracle the monkeywrench van had a stereo pre-broadcast tape. 

I'll accept any show they release. Love the previous releases, love this one and hope they continue. 
    GS4566 said:
    I have several versions of the monkeywrench broadcast and I am excited to get a solid multitrack of the main part of this great show. 

I wonder and assume that the broadcast songs and encore will be mono. Unless by some miracle the monkeywrench van had a stereo pre-broadcast tape. 

I'll accept any show they release. Love the previous releases, love this one and hope they continue. 
    For sure, despite the incomplete shows that most people aren't happy with and the insane shipping costs, I don't want to come off as a total whiner. The Vault series is really great and I'm glad they seem dedicated to keeping it up... I wouldn't complain about releasing two a year instead of one either, although I guess the current method is a lot better for my bank account! ....... Let's get Vaults 1 and 2 out though, eh?
  • wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027
    Cool so the digital part is the encore.  So I'll play the vinyl then pop a cd in after listing to the record. After done will have listened to the full show. EASY PEAZY, I'M IN!  & the band gets paid for their work finally.  
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    WRIGLEY for Vault 8!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    If you had said to me a few years back that Pearl Jam would release loads of old shows on LP, kinda like the Grateful Dead do, then I would have bitten your hand off to get copies and been so excited about the whole thing.

Fast forward to 2017 and the way they are dealt with and the pricing for non-US citizens just doesn't make me excited and means I have given up buying them.

Such a shame as the idea was brilliant but the delivery of the product has really lacked something. Incomplete shows and months late postage (or no-show at all in my case).

Dealing with third man records was such a joy when they did the PJ thing and it shows how good the vault series could be.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.  I have to assume that they came to the decision to release it the way that they did with plenty of care and consideration.  Like another poster said, maybe the songs not included would sound so wildly out of place that it made more sense to not crowbar in some inferior recordings.  I dunno.

Just the same, I'll probably buy it and hope that whenever I listen to it I'm not sitting there thinking "this is great, but it's not complete" or whatever.
    edited July 2017
    I haven't actually really missed the songs they cut out when they've put out an incomplete vault before... this one hurts a lot more though. Blood, RVM, Black, and two fun, rare covers? All the best stuff is missing from the vinyl in this case. I think that is why I am more disappointed than usual about the omissions on this one.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    420...hehehe
    aqo2t.jpg
  • mfcbmwmfcbmw baltimore Posts: 41
    Prolly just rip the CD, put the tracks in the right order(unless the CD is in order), add to devices, burn to new discs if needed.  might not be super perfect but at least this should sound better than any other versions we've heard before.  its all about the sound for me.
  • I'm happy and of course will buy it but just figured I'd throw out my thoughts here:

the Dead are releasing complete shows from way back in '77 that were recorded reel to reel back in the day and sound incredible yet PJ are releasing incomplete shows from 18 years later that already existed on vinyl so they can attack bootleggers?  Wtf?! 

We all wait and wait for months and months giving show ideas and our wishes and then they release a show that yes, is in fact a must have, but already available and fucking incomplete? Blows my mind.  Only PJ.

my 2 requests:

1- PJ please let's skip ahead in the vault series-, past this anti-bootlegging vault 7 (like vault 4 was too) and do a preorder next month for a vault 8 that is COMPLETE for once and not widely available.  That is what the VAULT is supposed to be, right? Something special that you've kept hidden away in the, well... vault?!

2- schedule a live chat online with someone from the band, the fans and 10c where our questions and input can get heard by those who make the decisions.  If most of the 95-96 shows are incomplete, LET US KNOW and we'd understand!  If the sound quality is only great on a handful of shows, we'd understand!  As far as we know, you have close to 1000 shows you could put on vinyl, yet you keep picking incomplete ones and ones that some idiot out there has attempted to bootleg.

1000 times this.  It's pretty embarrassing when you really think about it. Yes I'm buying it but for all the reasons above this is such a terrible choice. Clearly they aren't listening to any fan input when they are deciding these shows and that's fine as they don't owe us anything.  I guess Atlanta 94 and Melbourne 98 are on deck now. But for the love of God just make them complete. Any recording that isn't complete needs to scratched off the list IMO. 
    edited July 2017
    Still hoping for Santa Barbara '03. That would be a true vault release. Or Chicago 2013. If you take out the storm delay, that was actually a pretty awesome show that hasn't seen the light of day since.
  • BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Some of y'all are ridiculous. We get a mixed, mastered LP release of one of PJ's most legendary shows for the first time and you just whine, whine, whine. 

It CLEARLY says there was an issue with the original tape and lists the digital only songs. I'm SURE they'll be on the CD and can be arranged on a computer to make a complete show. A complete show is ALREADY available in about 152 versions and has been widely bootlegged (mostly for free) for the last 22 years. 

Order it or don't. But, please, grow up and mature a little. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited July 2017
    Yes thank u^^^^^^

vault 7!!!!!!!!!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Some of y'all are ridiculous. We get a mixed, mastered LP release of one of PJ's most legendary shows for the first time and you just whine, whine, whine. 

It CLEARLY says there was an issue with the original tape and lists the digital only songs. I'm SURE they'll be on the CD and can be arranged on a computer to make a complete show. A complete show is ALREADY available in about 152 versions and has been widely bootlegged (mostly for free) for the last 22 years. 

Order it or don't. But, please, grow up and mature a little. 
    Mature a little? I don't think consumers providing a business with customer / product feedback is immature. I think it is immature to allow fandom to cloud rationality.

There is nothing immature or irrational about consumers asking a business for a complete product. It is good practice for businesses to listen to consumer feedback and make future product decisions based on that feedback. While the Vault #7 decision is a fete accompli, this feedback should be listened to when the band is making a decision about Vault #8.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    I'm not the completist I once was, but I ordered it purely because it would bug the hell out of me if there was a gap in the collection (ahem, how about Vaults 1 and 2 sometime please?) However, even though it's a great show and it was clear in the description what I was buying, it still feels like they're taking the piss a little. $124 AUD for an incomplete show is hardly a great deal.

The Vaults are really nothing more than a novelty series; 7 shows so far, only 5 of which are on vinyl, and most of them are incomplete.
    Maybe the fact that we've had years' worth of complete shows (complete tours, really) since the boots started in 2000 has spoiled us but when they release incomplete shows it takes the shine off it a little.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • I mean one thing to consider is how much more it would cost to have all those other songs on there. That would be, what, an extra LP? That would possibly price out some of us fans who are buying their first Vault vinyl and don't know what to expect in terms of audio quality or even the quality of the show. Throw in the fact that they've confirmed the audio for those other tracks would be of lesser quality, and ultimately it degrades the quality/accessibility of the entire package. The fact that the extra tracks are provided in a separate download is a considerate move for a compromise they had to make for the sake of providing a consistent and accessible package.
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Chasing or competing with bootleggers is pointless. 
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016