The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Let's go JT
    I followed Koepka a bit last year at Oakmont. On two occasions he was talking to someone on his cell phone while walking up the fairway mid -round. Dude is as calm as it comes 
    Fuck Justin Thomas

Lets go Rickie!
    You gotta get on board with Thomas. He has a 59 and now a US Open 63 this year. Is 150 pounds soaking wet and plays balls to the wall and bombs it. Says he would rather win a Ryder Cup than a major.  He can get a bit pouty but isn't nearly as annoying as boy wonder. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Boy wonder is just another one of the young guns again.  Had an amazing 2015 but so many are catching up.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Fuck Justin Thomas

Lets go Rickie!
    You gotta get on board with Thomas. He has a 59 and now a US Open 63 this year. Is 150 pounds soaking wet and plays balls to the wall and bombs it. Says he would rather win a Ryder Cup than a major.  He can get a bit pouty but isn't nearly as annoying as boy wonder. 

harman appears to weigh about a buck and a half as well.

joe buck said there were complaints on social media....this is the only social media I do....so, unless he was reading this, he's talking about some other grumps...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Boy wonder is just another one of the young guns again.  Had an amazing 2015 but so many are catching up.
    Except he has no guns. Dude is a young Zach Johnson.

Wobbie said:
    Fuck Justin Thomas

Lets go Rickie!

harman appears to weigh about a buck and a half as well.

joe buck said there were complaints on social media....this is the only social media I do....so, unless he was reading this, he's talking about some other grumps...
    His driver is as tall as he is. It looks funny 
    Fowler isn't helping his reputation today.  He is very good but not great at the right time yet.  
    The koepka and DJ daily workouts are about to get a bit more fun
    Yep, no way he can blow this lead now.  #18 is so easy he should birdie that too.
    Ball striking clinic. What has he missed? Anything?
    The should proclaim Koepke's round to be the greatest final U.S. Open round ever to piss off Johnny. 
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Helluva win for Bruce Kaopectate. 
    HA!!! They just ran off the wrong girls name
    Gotta be a bomber now.  Way too wide of fairways this week.  Gotta hand it to Harman to finish second when the course is setup for your opponents' strength.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Thanks for taking the drama out of it Koepka
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    HA!!! They just ran off the wrong girls name
    good ol Joe
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    The wife got me a new set of Callaway irons for father's day.  Gotta get to the range this week and test them out.  Has anyone had their clubs lengthened?  I think I may take mine in somewhere to see if I could use some longer clubs.  I'm around 6'2 and my last set of clubs felt a little short....they were a shitty set so I didn't bother putting any money into them.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'm sure Wobbie is loving that a Nole just won the US Open!

Fear the spear!
    edited June 2017
    The wife got me a new set of Callaway irons for father's day.  Gotta get to the range this week and test them out.  Has anyone had their clubs lengthened?  I think I may take mine in somewhere to see if I could use some longer clubs.  I'm around 6'2 and my last set of clubs felt a little short....they were a shitty set so I didn't bother putting any money into them.

Very cool.  Hopefully the wife lets you out of the house to play golf too!

I'm your height.  When I got my new set I got fitted and ended up getting a quarter inch longer than standard set.  

I'm not sure about the return policy on clubs so if you are thinking about getting a longer set you might hold off on trying the new set out.   The cool thing though about fittings is that they'll look at optimizing the type of shaft to use in the club as well.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    I fucking love this game. For a variety of reasons, I haven't been able to play at all this year. Got out today for my 3rd round of the year and put up a 44 on the front and could have gone 2 better. 49 on the back with a total of 2 birdies and 3 pars. Couple big numbers on the back. Won a few bucks at that. Good times. Have a few big rounds coming up. Tournament and cricket club here in Philly. Gotta get out after work a bit here coming up to get ready. Had a blast today. 

Lets go berger!
    edited June 2017
    Can't hate on that win 

i meeeean. A club throw and a rake throw, followed by a jumping chest bump. I'm down 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Can't hate on that win 

i meeeean. A club throw and a rake throw, followed by a jumping chest bump. I'm down 

That was awesome.  A golf celebration that didn't look extremely awkward too!  
    edited June 2017
    That was so awesome yesterday. I was jumping up and down like if Embiid hit a half court shot to win a playoff game or something. The wife thought I was nuts.

Tiger esque
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

Tiger esque

who?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

Tiger esque

who?
    You know. The greatest golfer you've ever seen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bones is joining the golf channel as an on course reporter, starting with the British.  Amazing.
    Had a putt for an eagle yesterday.  It was a short par 5 around 470....I crushed my 3 iron twice and got it to within about 15 feet.  First time I had a realistic chance for an eagle....Left the putt about 2 feet short.  Brutal!
    Had a putt for an eagle yesterday.  It was a short par 5 around 470....I crushed my 3 iron twice and got it to within about 15 feet.  First time I had a realistic chance for an eagle....Left the putt about 2 feet short.  Brutal!
    Ugh. Yeah, man.  Brutal to leave it short. I have had one realistic eagle putt a few years ago.  Drove the green on a short par 4 and had similar length putt.  Blew it past and ended up 3 putting...
    Ugh. Yeah, man.  Brutal to leave it short. I have had one realistic eagle putt a few years ago.  Drove the green on a short par 4 and had similar length putt.  Blew it past and ended up 3 putting...

Yeah it was a brutal green and the putt was straight uphill so I was just happy I got within a reasonable distance for the birdie.  Didn't want to blow past the hole, but leaving it short is the worst.  Oh well...hard to complain about a 2 foot birdie putt