Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

in no sane world shout Philly have better then any of these teams. This also assumes Clippers get blown up or they go on that list as well. 

No that is not what the odds are saying. They are in the East. Odds on winning a title are not power rankings or something. 9th best team in the league is ridiculous.

Golden State4/7
    Cleveland15/4
    Houston12/1
    Boston14/1
    San Antonio14/1
    Washington33/1
    Toronto 50/1
    Minnesota50/1
    Los Angeles Clippers66/1
    Oklahoma City66/1
    Los Angeles Lakers66/1
    Philadelphia66/1
    Milwaukee66/1

So they see Sixers and Bucks around the 5 or 6 seed. I doubt they will get there this year as literally everything would have to go their way but playoffs is not out of the picture in this conference.

Tempo has compared them to teams like the Knicks, Kings, Nets which is off base.....though I think the Kings are headed in the right direction after this draft. Knicks and Nets are hopeless at this point.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

in no sane world shout Philly have better then any of these teams. This also assumes Clippers get blown up or they go on that list as well. 

No that is not what the odds are saying. They are in the East. Odds on winning a title are not power rankings or something. 9th best team in the league is ridiculous.

Golden State4/7
    Cleveland15/4
    Houston12/1
    Boston14/1
    San Antonio14/1
    Washington33/1
    Toronto 50/1
    Minnesota50/1
    Los Angeles Clippers66/1
    Oklahoma City66/1
    Los Angeles Lakers66/1
    Philadelphia66/1
    Milwaukee66/1

So they see Sixers and Bucks around the 5 or 6 seed. I doubt they will get there this year as literally everything would have to go their way but playoffs is not out of the picture in this conference.

Tempo has compared them to teams like the Knicks, Kings, Nets which is off base.....though I think the Kings are headed in the right direction after this draft. Knicks and Nets are hopeless at this point.

There have been quite a few people that view them the way I do, on here and in the sports world.  There are also people like yourself that think magical things are going to happen.

Oh and it looks like Indiana and the Clippers can get added to that pile soon too.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited June 2017
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

Golden State4/7
    Cleveland15/4
    Houston12/1
    Boston14/1
    San Antonio14/1
    Washington33/1
    Toronto 50/1
    Minnesota50/1
    Los Angeles Clippers66/1
    Oklahoma City66/1
    Los Angeles Lakers66/1
    Philadelphia66/1
    Milwaukee66/1

There have been quite a few people that view them the way I do, on here and in the sports world.  There are also people like yourself that think magical things are going to happen.

Oh and it looks like Indiana and the Clippers can get added to that pile soon too.
    But you're in the minority now. That is my only point. The views you're expressing seem to be based on past experience and not about future expectations.

Can you point me to someone in the "sports world" who views the Sixers similarly to the Kings, Knicks and Nets right now?

edit--and what is "magical" about expecting a win total somewhere in the mid 30's with an outside shot at the 8 seed in the east?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    so did anyone call Jimmy Butler's number? 
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

Golden State4/7
    Cleveland15/4
    Houston12/1
    Boston14/1
    San Antonio14/1
    Washington33/1
    Toronto 50/1
    Minnesota50/1
    Los Angeles Clippers66/1
    Oklahoma City66/1
    Los Angeles Lakers66/1
    Philadelphia66/1
    Milwaukee66/1

But you're in the minority now. That is my only point. The views you're expressing seem to be based on past experience and not about future expectations.

Can you point me to someone in the "sports world" who views the Sixers similarly to the Kings, Knicks and Nets right now?

edit--and what is "magical" about expecting a win total somewhere in the mid 30's with an outside shot at the 8 seed in the east?
    I guess what aggravates me the most about the 76ers is "the process".  It doesn't take a genius to tank and accumulate draft picks, anybody can do that and call it a success if that is indeed how one measures it.  

The view of the sports world all revolves around "if's" for the 76ers.  That's what you don't seem to be understanding.

If Embiid stays healthy.  If they can shoot. 

I do enjoy going back and forth with you and how you ignore the other people that think you're nuts too, lol.
    edited June 2017
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

Golden State4/7
    Cleveland15/4
    Houston12/1
    Boston14/1
    San Antonio14/1
    Washington33/1
    Toronto 50/1
    Minnesota50/1
    Los Angeles Clippers66/1
    Oklahoma City66/1
    Los Angeles Lakers66/1
    Philadelphia66/1
    Milwaukee66/1

I guess what aggravates me the most about the 76ers is "the process".  It doesn't take a genius to tank and accumulate draft picks, anybody can do that and call it a success if that is indeed how one measures it.  

The view of the sports world all revolves around "if's" for the 76ers.  That's what you don't seem to be understanding.

I do enjoy going back and forth with you and how you ignore the other people that think you're nuts too, lol.

Well of course it doesn't take a genius. But it does take smart and dedicated people willing to sacrifice a few seasons for longer term success. Anybody can do that, you are correct. But nobody, to date, has been willing to stick with it for as long as the Sixers have when it didn't work out for them right away. A team like your Knicks would be smart to go down that path actually. Actually, the Sixers and Phil Jackson's paths have been polar opposites for the last 4 years. I'm so much happier to be a Sixers fan than a Knicks fan right now. I'll tell you that much.

And of course the future revolves around "if's." That's why i have repeatedly told you there are no guarantees. The point of this process was to put them in a better position for long term success and increase their odds of winning a championship. They have done that. Whether or not that they actually win one, is anyone's guess. But nobody can argue that they are not in a better position today then they were a few years ago.

What other people in here are you talking about? And, again, who in the "sports world" agrees with you that the Sixers, currently, are in the same class as teams like the Knicks, Kings and Nets? That's a ridiculous assertion.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Uh oh. Iggy meeting with Spurs tomorrow morning. I really hope he is just going for leverage. Warriors need to keep him. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

Golden State4/7
    Cleveland15/4
    Houston12/1
    Boston14/1
    San Antonio14/1
    Washington33/1
    Toronto 50/1
    Minnesota50/1
    Los Angeles Clippers66/1
    Oklahoma City66/1
    Los Angeles Lakers66/1
    Philadelphia66/1
    Milwaukee66/1

Well of course it doesn't take a genius. But it does take smart and dedicated people willing to sacrifice a few seasons for longer term success. Anybody can do that, you are correct. But nobody, to date, has been willing to stick with it for as long as the Sixers have when it didn't work out for them right away. A team like your Knicks would be smart to go down that path actually. Actually, the Sixers and Phil Jackson's paths have been polar opposites for the last 4 years. I'm so much happier to be a Sixers fan than a Knicks fan right now. I'll tell you that much.

And of course the future revolves around "if's." That's why i have repeatedly told you there are no guarantees. The point of this process was to put them in a better position for long term success and increase their odds of winning a championship. They have done that. Whether or not that they actually win one, is anyone's guess. But nobody can argue that they are not in a better position today then they were a few years ago.

What other people in here are you talking about? And, again, who in the "sports world" agrees with you that the Sixers, currently, are in the same class as teams like the Knicks, Kings and Nets? That's a ridiculous assertion.

I'll cite references later.

You do know that I hate the knicks right?
    Holy fuck. Thunder got PG13. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited July 2017
    Holy fuck. Thunder got PG13. 
    I still  don't think they come close to winning the West. Unless, they have some other moves to be made?

Indiana didn't get much, but they at least got something for PG in Oladipo. Jury still out on Sabonis.  Better then nothing.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    At least the Pacers got a player who played BB in Indiana and is very talented.  I much would like to see a team play competitive basketball instead of going into Hinkie mode.   Life is short.   I don't want to join a cult of future assets and Kool-Aid.  Maybe the Pacers win the title in 2027?  Not worth watching strategic shit BB to accomplish that feat.  

The biggest loser is Danny Ainge.  He is Hinkie Jr, except dumb, waiting for opposing GM's to kiss the ring.  He lucked out for the #1 pick, a very talented pick, and traded it away for ... assets?  Then promising fans a Hayward / PG to the fans.  Assets = Fuck All 

Go break a leg ...
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

Golden State4/7
    Cleveland15/4
    Houston12/1
    Boston14/1
    San Antonio14/1
    Washington33/1
    Toronto 50/1
    Minnesota50/1
    Los Angeles Clippers66/1
    Oklahoma City66/1
    Los Angeles Lakers66/1
    Philadelphia66/1
    Milwaukee66/1

haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    9th is insane:

Warriors
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Portland
    Raptors
    Wolves
    Miami
    washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Denver 

Golden State4/7
    Cleveland15/4
    Houston12/1
    Boston14/1
    San Antonio14/1
    Washington33/1
    Toronto 50/1
    Minnesota50/1
    Los Angeles Clippers66/1
    Oklahoma City66/1
    Los Angeles Lakers66/1
    Philadelphia66/1
    Milwaukee66/1

haha
    Would a poorly run team sign JJ redick on a one year deal?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Uh oh. Iggy meeting with Spurs tomorrow morning. I really hope he is just going for leverage. Warriors need to keep him. 

my jazz will be making a run at "iggy" if they lose hayward.

I'd like to see gordon sign a 3 year deal here and reassess after that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

my jazz will be making a run at "iggy" if they lose hayward.

I'd like to see gordon sign a 3 year deal here and reassess after that.
    Iguodala resigned with Warriors today. It was all for leverage. He scored himself an extra 20 mil doing it. 

Warriors resigned pretty much everyone. They still need a center though. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    damn! rickie rubio came over from spain to be part of the hayward pitch. 

I think the decision will be tomorrow or wednesday. fingers crossed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Heyward is leaving the Jazz. Who would want to play in Salt Lake? No one, that's who. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Wobbie said:
    damn! rickie rubio came over from spain to be part of the hayward pitch. 

I think the decision will be tomorrow or wednesday. fingers crossed.
    If he leaves, you can always find a new team to root for
    chinese-happy.jpg
    dumb ass me is holding out hope that hayward will stay.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I saw it's between Boston and Miami.  
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Boston, 4 years 128 million. Utah goes back to being a 8 seed. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Be interesting to see if Utah now tries to sign Otto Porter to fill in Hayward's spot.  I think Otto can devop into a very good player, but the Jazz will have to Max him to get him away from the Wizards and that's too much money to spend on Porter. The other option is to chase Rudy Gay, but unless they can get him relatively cheap and short contract, I think he'd be a mistake
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    No Coder said:
    Be interesting to see if Utah now tries to sign Otto Porter to fill in Hayward's spot.  I think Otto can devop into a very good player, but the Jazz will have to Max him to get him away from the Wizards and that's too much money to spend on Porter. The other option is to chase Rudy Gay, but unless they can get him relatively cheap and short contract, I think he'd be a mistake
    It seems, , to most of the so-called experts, that the Wizards will match any offer to Porter. We shall see.

Was hoping that Hayward would stay in Utah.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    cutz said:
    No Coder said:
    It seems, , to most of the so-called experts, that the Wizards will match any offer to Porter. We shall see.

Was hoping that Hayward would stay in Utah.

I agree. Utah was building nicely and Mitchell looks like a great pick up in the draft for them. I can understand why Hayward would leave though. The West is stacked and Boston should easily make the ECF and if they can make a few moves with the glut of SF's they now have and get a decent C so Horford can revert to PF, they could make Finals. I'm not a huge fan of Deandre Jordan, but I think he'd be a good get for them. Time for Ainge to cash in a few of his assets.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

Who are you kidding? You've already bought a Celtics jersey
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Well the Celtics are surely and steadily improving to compete in the East....thats has to be and will be in a few years a good thing.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

I'm happy to see Lebron may have some competition in the East. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    g under p said:
    Well the Celtics are surely and steadily improving to compete in the East....thats has to be and will be in a few years a good thing.

Peace

Yeah I hate the C's but that's a great signing. They got the Butler connection up there.

Hoping to rekindle the Sixers/Celtics rivalry over the next few years...

chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm happy to see Lebron may have some competition in the East. 
    Stop it, just stop.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    g under p said:

Peace

Yeah I hate the C's but that's a great signing. They got the Butler connection up there.

Hoping to rekindle the Sixers/Celtics rivalry over the next few years...

No worries it's coming, I foresee a future of the classic teams returning to power and playing seriously for championship. Back in the day the few times the Celtics were out and the Sixers were in with Doc being one of my favorite players i unbelievably  rooted for the Sixers to go on and beat LA.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)