Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides A & B), Round 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    State Of Love And Trust
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    There are many other piss break songs other than this classic.  May I direct your attention to most of RA or Lost Dogs. Or the super fanatical fans that want a white whale song that no one else wants to hear. Sad gruf, 
    insane. 
    Parachutes
    Yellow Poon
    Bee Girl

3 right there.  Probably the only 3 I would label in that fashion, for me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    Once

Evenflow version on the single is light years better than the TEN album version.

BTW: which version is on the RVM collection?

but amongst these choices.......... got to be ONCE

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Even Flow
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    There are many other piss break songs other than this classic.  May I direct your attention to most of RA or Lost Dogs. Or the super fanatical fans that want a white whale song that no one else wants to hear. Sad gruf, 
    insane. 
    Absolutely. I don't understand "those people"
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    State Of Love And Trust
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    so insane that it's true.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    Even Flow
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    most of RA or Lost Dogs? you agree with that?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    State Of Love And Trust
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    I definitely agree with both. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    Even Flow
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    shit, those are the two albums I started my day with. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Once
    Well, I hope to have you Riot Act and Lost Dogs skippers in front of me in the pit at a show the next time I hear Sad, Hold On, All Night, No Lip, Education, Fatal, H2I, Strangest Tribe, Save You, I am Mine, Thumbing, Ghost, or Green Disease.

That'll mean rail for me for some of my favorite songs!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Once
    Well, I hope to have you Riot Act and Lost Dogs skippers in front of me in the pit at a show the next time I hear Sad, Hold On, All Night, No Lip, Education, Fatal, H2I, Strangest Tribe, Save You, I am Mine, Thumbing, Ghost, or Green Disease.

That'll mean rail for me for some of my favorite songs!
    I'll be right there with you! 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Once
    With low voter turn out: Even Flow and Once have been eliminated.
    Voters may have begun to tire of "Weakest Link"
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    Once
    MedozK said:
    Sad!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    Animal
    MedozK said:
    I think more people were frequenting the boards with HoF stuff, Cornell's death and Eddie's tour going on. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Once
    MedozK said:
    Summer vacations are starting, too. Less people on the boards, in general.

Don't you go losing faith in these threads on us! Plus, "Alive" has got a great shot of winning something this time around!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited June 2017
    Animal
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    McGruff despises RA!

I like Even Flow still though. I am sick of some other regulars, like RITFW, Alive, Jeremy, and Better Man. I'd be fine if they never played those ever again. But Even Flow is still awesome live IMO ..... And of course any RA song is good with me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    State Of Love And Trust
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    McGruff despises RA!

I like Even Flow still though. I am sick of some other regulars, like RITFW, Alive, Jeremy, and Better Man. I'd be fine if they never played those ever again. But Even Flow is still awesome live IMO ..... And of course any RA song is good with me.
    that would be a pretty dead audience removing those classics.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Once
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    McGruff despises RA!

Yep. Imagine taking a friend who has never seen Pearl Jam to a show, seeing how excited they were, and then watching their face fall when you tell them the band doesn't play Alive, Jeremy or Better Man anymore.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Once
    JimmyV said:
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    McGruff despises RA!

Yep. Imagine taking a friend who has never seen Pearl Jam to a show, seeing how excited they were, and then watching their face fall when you tell them the band doesn't play Alive, Jeremy or Better Man anymore.

A friend who has never seen Pearl Jam isn't a friend at all.

Kidding, of course. But I appreciate that this band has enough of those radio-hit, must-haves for the more casual concert-goers that they don't have to play them all every night. And lately, they give us 25-30 other songs with incredible variety.

As a case study, though, I thought the only blemish on the last show I went to (Wrigley 8/22) was that they had played each of Corduroy, Better Man, Jeremy, Alive and Evenflow two nights earlier (and All the Way, Mind Your Manners and Surrender for the sake of being thorough). But that's more my fault, because there was no way I wasn't going to be at both shows. I admit that I was surprised by that. However, I also have a feeling that a lot of those they wanted a second crack at for the sake of the feature film that will be announced later today (wishful thinking).

Let the record show that between those two shows, I still got 34 songs that I had never heard live before, including many of my all-time favorite songs - Last Exit, Sad, I Got ID, Amongst the Waves, Go, Animal, Off He Goes, Immortality, Comatose and Blood and HOLY SHIT those shows were effing AMAZING!!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Once
    JimmyV said:
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    McGruff despises RA!

Kidding, of course. But I appreciate that this band has enough of those radio-hit, must-haves for the more casual concert-goers that they don't have to play them all every night. And lately, they give us 25-30 other songs with incredible variety.

As a case study, though, I thought the only blemish on the last show I went to (Wrigley 8/22) was that they had played each of Corduroy, Better Man, Jeremy, Alive and Evenflow two nights earlier (and All the Way, Mind Your Manners and Surrender for the sake of being thorough). But that's more my fault, because there was no way I wasn't going to be at both shows. I admit that I was surprised by that. However, I also have a feeling that a lot of those they wanted a second crack at for the sake of the feature film that will be announced later today (wishful thinking).

Let the record show that between those two shows, I still got 34 songs that I had never heard live before, including many of my all-time favorite songs - Last Exit, Sad, I Got ID, Amongst the Waves, Go, Animal, Off He Goes, Immortality, Comatose and Blood and HOLY SHIT those shows were effing AMAZING!!
    They played Jeremy both nights at Wrigley? That's actually surprising.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    Animal
    this thread is hurting my eyes
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Once
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Nami said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    insane. 
    McGruff despises RA!

They played Jeremy both nights at Wrigley? That's actually surprising.
    I know! Wasn't played either night in Toronto 2016.
This discussion has been closed.