Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Addison Russell being investigated for domestic abuse.

I saw Melisa's instagram post last night (which she has since removed) stating she was cheated on, lied to, and disrespected. Here's to starting over, etc. Unless she edited it before I saw it, I saw no claims of abuse.  Just that he cheated and she was moving on.

I certainly hope that is only the case and he did not abuse her in anyway.  Not that I'm condoning cheating, but if that's what it is, at least no one is hurt other than emotionally.  There's really no way for me to say that without sounding insensitive, but I hope my drift is gotten.

And if it is true - if there is abuse - can him.

She's an absolutely gorgeous woman and the mother of his kids.  I'll never understand people that can't keep their dicks in their pants when they have a beautiful woman at home.
    This team is fucking awful.  Flat out awful.
    edited June 2017
    The "genius" of Joe Maddon.

Bat your catcher in the leadoff spot and continue doing that stupid pitcher in the 8th spot shit
    Use your 75th different batting order in 76 games
    Pinch hit for your starting pitcher with 2 outs in the 6th and a lead, when he's at a 64 pitch count and has been dealing all game.
    Continue to use 8 pitchers in a game in which you never trailed, expending the entire bullpen
    Bring in Hector Rondon with the meat of Washington's order in the 9th
    Two batters later you bring in your closer because Rondon has now put you in a save situation
    Davis' arm gets wasted trying to get out of the jam, so he's unavailable for the probably the next two games
    Good luck winning any of the next 3 games against one of the most high-powered offenses in the league

Really wish he'd stop being quirky for the sake of quirkiness.  Get back to basic fundamentals, Joe.  Your weird shit isn't working - when the Cubs win it's often in spite of your silly moves, not because of them.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

Bat your catcher in the leadoff spot and continue doing that stupid pitcher in the 8th spot shit
    Pinch hit for your starting pitcher with 2 outs in the 6th and a lead, when he's at a 64 pitch count and has been dealing all game.
    Continue to use 8 pitchers in a game in which you never trailed, expending the entire bullpen
    Two batters later you bring in your closer because Rondon has now put you in a save situation
    Davis' arm gets wasted trying to get out of the jam, so he's unavailable for the probably the next two games
    Good luck winning any of the next 3 games against one of the most high-powered offenses in the league

Really wish he'd stop being quirky for the sake of quirkiness.  Get back to basic fundamentals, Joe.  Your weird shit isn't working - when the Cubs win it's often in spite of your silly moves, not because of them.
    His team bailed his ass out in game 7. He was as close as it comes to being the next in a long line of "curses" for the cubbies.  

His team bailed his ass out in game 7. He was as close as it comes to being the next in a long line of "curses" for the cubbies.  
    He probably would've had to resign had they blew that game.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    This team is fucking awful.  Flat out awful.

you don't know awful.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Montero needs to be traded. His whining in the off season and now he's calling out Arrieta forgot holding runners on is a bitch move. He's bitching about his stats taking a hit. Yes, Arrieta was letting them have huge leads, but you don't call out your pitcher like that because it looks bad on your stats. Fuck him
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    edited June 2017
    Montero needs to be traded. His whining in the off season and now he's calling out Arrieta forgot holding runners on is a bitch move. He's bitching about his stats taking a hit. Yes, Arrieta was letting them have huge leads, but you don't call out your pitcher like that because it looks bad on your stats. Fuck him
    Yeah, Monty isn't wrong but it's Arrieta's call to make, not his.  Maddon needs to stop playing the role of "cool dad" and get these fuckers under control & playing up to the level we (and they) know they're capable of.  The World Series hangover excuse doesn't cut it this far into the season.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Designated for assignment.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    So stupid.  The line of thinking that he was asked a question and he was right, but he should be fired anyway makes absolutely no sense.
    So stupid.  The line of thinking that he was asked a question and he was right, but he should be fired anyway makes absolutely no sense.
    It's called being a teammate.  You don't throw your teammates under the bus.  He wasn't wrong in his assessment of yesterday's game, but again, it's nothing less than selfish to make that call himself.  Like Degen pointed out, it's not the first time Miggy has made remarks.  It's the right move by the Cubs to cut ties and move forward, instead of keeping a cancer in the clubhouse.  I'm glad the organization is finally showing some damn balls here recently.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Of course he's right. But you don't call out your pitcher like that to the media. He deserves to be sent down. He's easily the worst hitter in the current roster. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

with ya, cliffy! arrieta is the bitch, here. maybe they need to DFA him.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I don't think he was right. Why is it that Contreras throws out plenty of guys with the same pitching staff?  And he catches Lester who can't even throw to the bag. Montero can't throw out anyone, and more importantly, you don't throw teammates under the bus to the media. He's been whining since the WS. Good riddance. 
    Wobbie said:

with ya, cliffy! arrieta is the bitch, here. maybe they need to DFA him.
    You're just a hater.  Arrieta didn't publicly call out his teammates, did not react to publicly being called out, and the guy always takes ownership when he doesn't perform well.
    Back in 1st place with an MLB best 8-1 since the break!  Before anyone makes any remarks, let me just relish in this for a day while I have it.  We Cubs fans haven't had much to be excited about this season.

Willson Contreras is a man on fire right now!!  Dude is proving himself to be as core as Rizzo & Bryant.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Back in 1st place with an MLB best 8-1 since the break!  Before anyone makes any remarks, let me just relish in this for a day while I have it.  We Cubs fans haven't had much to be excited about this season.

Willson Contreras is a man on fire right now!!  Dude is proving himself to be as core as Rizzo & Bryant.
    Willson has been a man possessed.  Great to see this guy really come into his own offensively.  To think he was passed up as a Rule 5 guy a few off seasons back.  We got lucky.  I can't remember watching a catcher pickoff as many guys on the bases as he does.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    edited July 2017
    20 caught stealing this year, leads all MLB catchers.  70 assists, leads all MLB catchers.  15 home runs, leads all NL catchers.  52 RBI, leads all NL catchers.  (Only Salvador Perez has more HR & RBI in all of MLB)

The Professor back on the hill today.  Here's hoping he brings his stuff!  The Sox, no matter how bad they are, always seem to play us well.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

I know his coaching was a big part of the Cubs getting the ring, but I still don't really like Maddon after the stupid moves he did in Game 7.  Maybe the long season got to his brain.
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Go Sox, only series for us fans worth watching this year.
    Good luck to the Cubs starting next week and beyond though.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago

Contreras with another 3 run shot today. The kid is on fire! 
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    bbiggs said:

Contreras with another 3 run shot today. The kid is on fire! 
    If only Lackey didn't give up two-run doubles to Carlos Rodon......I mean, are you kidding me?!  I always loved the fire that Lackey brings to the table - he's a gamer - but I think he's finally run out of gas this season.  He cannot keep the ball in the park, and when he can, he's giving up hits in really bad spots.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    It's tough listening to Hawk Harrelson call the game tonight. He is such a homer and can't ever give the Cubs credit where it's due. Brutal. 
    "he gone!"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Yeah I can't wait til "he gone." I'm not even a White sox hating Cub fan but Hawk is the fuckin worst. I'd rather endure a booth full of Joe Morgans and Jessica Mendozas than have to listen to that clod.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Yeah I can't wait til "he gone." I'm not even a White sox hating Cub fan but Hawk is the fuckin worst. I'd rather endure a booth full of Joe Morgans and Jessica Mendozas than have to listen to that clod.
    As someone who grew up listening to Hawk, he'll always be one of my favorites but it is definitely time for him to hang it up.  His whole act has gotten very old over the years.  But come on, he's not on that Joe Morgan/Jessica Mendoza level!!!  Those 2 are a special type of bad.
    Spot on. And I'm not a Sox hater either. Cannot stand Hawks antics though. He's the worst. 
    On the flip side, I'll always appreciate Steve Stone. He's a great baseball mind. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    It's tough listening to Hawk Harrelson call the game tonight. He is such a homer and can't ever give the Cubs credit where it's due. Brutal. 
    I remember last season when he referenced how good Todd Frazier is. I agree, he can play some good baseball. However, Hawk then took it about 10 steps further when he began then discussing Kris Bryant. He even said KB is a good ballplayer, which is undisputed fact. Then he took a turn to hawkville when he said as good as KB is, he's no Todd Frazier. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ^^^ Perfect example.  He looked like such an ass with that comment.  Total homer.