Ghosts

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    one night in the fall a few years ago driving home on a back road  i saw a guy walking a dog about 30 feet in front of me on the right side of the road parallel to me crossing at the corner of the next side road. as i reached that side street looking over there was no one there. i looked all around and never saw him again.  100% i saw this guy and 5 seconds later was no where to be found.  what is interesting is this road is across from an old cemetery and when i mentioned this to a good friend of mine she gasped and said that other people in the area have told her they've seen things like this there before. 

my boss and I both think we had a ghost in our previous office. we used to have these big double glass doors at the entrance and even with our offices in the back you could hear these doors open and closing.  A few times working late by myself i swore up and down that i heard those doors open and i would get up and look and no one would be there.  a while later i just haphazardly mentioned this to my boss and she was like oh my god the same thing had happened to her at times working alone at night. and we aren't talking like late late or anything. we are talking like between like 6 and 9 pm at night.  

and does sleep paralysis count?  had an incident of that about 10 years ago where it felt like someone was on top of me and i couldn't move for about 30 seconds.  was freaky but also kind of cool.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

hescalleddyer,

now that is a great encounter even if it was or wasn't a spook of sorts. i'd imagine you saw a ghost. what i also like about your written story here. "His entire being was sepia-toned, though I could not make out a face as he held his head low."  so i took it upon myself to look up, "sepia-toned" as i had not heard of such a thing before. i'll share the definition real quick.

"Sepia tone is a type of monochrome photographic image in which the picture appears in shades of brown as opposed to greyscale as in a black-and-white image. It was originally produced by adding a pigment made from the Sepia cuttlefish to the positive print of a photograph taken with any number of negative processes."

that be it, those old ass photographs from the 18 & 19 hundreds is how your ghost guy appears. cool stuff for sure. 

my grandma was transparent white & gray & blowing in the wind, we had no wind blowing in the living room. when i first saw her she stood there or hovered over there behind the woodstove which is like 4 feet or so in front of a brick wall. i screamed, freaked out & started crying. now this is dad's mother, dad & mom are sitting on the couch in front of us 3 boys. dad is sitting directly in front of me. i had to do a 180 degree turn to see grandma & as i'm doing my boxing club workout routine. i had to stop midstride from a pushup or sit up, whatever it was, turn around & see her. she had me turn around... it would be like mental telepathy or so kinda psychic communication or some such thing. you just know.

so i'm crying, it scared the crap out of me. i'm in 3rd grade & i know grandma is dead & now i'm seeing her because she had me turn around. nobody else saw her. anyhow i say to dad, looking right in his eyes, i just saw grandma. bingdingaring. he (& mom both) instantly knows i'm not kidding around whatsoever. i turn back around towards the woodstove & she is vanishing/shrinking if you will. this time she was no full apparition but rather just from her torso up & she vanished before my eyes, like all her energy was sucked up/condensed into a center point & blink gone.

it all happened in less than 10 seconds i'd imagine.

hescalleddyer... thank you for sharing your experience, i like it a lot

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

omgkatwoman,

that is some very detailed & time consuming beadwork. how long after seeing the ojibwe tribe was it to when you were gifted the beaded scabbard? also, where did you find the gift & can you give out any other neat details about finding it or whatever. thanks.

was it in a tree? 

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    edited June 2017
    Yes, isnt it beautiful?  It was probably about a year after I was living in the new house, and my grown nephew moved in downstairs and he got up one morning upset and asked if I had a nightlight he could use. I asked him why he needed a nitelite for and he was kinda embarrassed but told me he thinks he has a ghost or something in his room, I asked him what is going on and he said there's "indians" sorry for the incorrect term, but thats what he said, so I went downstairs and saw this scabbard sitting on my kneewall facing the lake. I dont collect native artifacts and am of Italian/Irish descent and i will admit, I know very little about the native nations, so I called someone that is a friend and that is Lakota Sioux and she came over and was really excited that was left in the house,so she directed me and went with me to the native center in the cities, they examined it and then asked me to wait until their Shaman could get to the center and look at it , he's the one who said it was a gift and then he wanted to come over to my house and I agreed and he told me some interesting things 
    Post edited by OMGkatwoman on
    carry on if you like

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I'm not sure if I should post publicly what he said, some of their Elders came with him, let me give think about it and call someone to see if its ok that I share some of the information on a public forum, I'm just trying to be respectful of them and their culture. I think I can share that before the turn of last century they lived there and still do on whatever level they are on, there is an old native burial mound but, across the South Bay of the lake off the county road there. Stupid juvenile kids roam around there on their sacred area and take their arrowheads etc.. laying around, pisses me off!
    One more thing I want to share right now is- when I arrived at the center with the artifact, EVERYBODY heard a wolf howling, that's what got them all excited besides the age of the scabbard. Now mind you, this was in the middle of the big major city, there are No wolves in the city.
    Also, I want to say-thanks for sharing everyone, it helps to know that there are others out there that are willing too share their experiences and hopefully help each other understand what we are experiencing

understood & thank you

speaking of arrowheads... the one & only arrowhead i personally ever found was in a creek about 1/3 mile from the house. i was about 11-13 yrs old. im walking along when i suddenly stop & look down between my feet & there lay the most perfect arrowhead you'd ever saw. it felt like a magical spell had come over me or something. it was a beautiful experience.

took it home, put it in a plastic case w/ a foam botton for protection & a transparent lid that snaps shut. it vanished in our house fire, which sucked bad losing the arrowhead. oddly enough there were several artifacts that made it through the fire even though some received heat damage like dad's axe. (we sifted through debris & found some things). the axe received a hairline fracture but is fully intact... the end            

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    My grandmother gave me an arrowhead made of something that looked like blue glass. I carried that small item thru a lot of moves but somehow I think I got rid of it when we left Florida. I no longer have it anyway. (There was a lot of material purging when we left...)

anyway, I was at a Seneca museum a few weeks ago.  Some of the authentic arrowheads looked just the same as that one I had.  I have no idea where my grandmother picked it up and now I wish I had kept it.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    pjhawks said:

and does sleep paralysis count?  had an incident of that about 10 years ago where it felt like someone was on top of me and i couldn't move for about 30 seconds.  was freaky but also kind of cool.
    i would say no, totally different thing.  some pretty cool stories here though (including mine, hehe)

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/97494

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    It's the first rainy night in a while and I'm sitting on my couch in complete silence and darkness, except for my laptop.  I don't know why I'm awake but I feel compelled to stay this way.  I hear my youngest child's voice saying, "mom".  This "thing" has been imitating my children's voices.  I've heard them each this week, all when they were not home, asleep, etc.  At first it didn't sound exactly like them but now it does.  Almost as if it's practicing.  Knowing this, I still check.  He is fast asleep.  So is everyone else.  Whose voice did I hear?  What were those footsteps thumping from above?  And just as I dismiss this as "it's just my imagination, I'm only hearing the rain", I feel a very distinct gust of air in my right ear, as if someone just blew in it.  

No, I'm not stoned.  
    I thought I was caught up on this thread, but looks like I was a page behind.  Still great reading.  
    @OMGkatwoman, that is a great story and an exquisite gift.  I also smiled when I read about how respectful and considerate you are to the tribe and their culture.  Kudos and thank you.  :)
    After I posted in here, I decided that I was just imagining things. Didn't give it another thought. Then my 6 y.o. son wakes up, comes downstairs, and says he's not going back upstairs because she's up there and won't let him sleep. Both of my daughters aren't home. I asked him who he was talking about. "The girl! She's up there and she keeps blowing in my ear and calling my name and then I can't understand the rest. She won't let me sleep!"

This isn't the first time they've seen or heard someone. So what the hell do I do with this?

i believe they're referred to as ' disembodied voices'

many years ago i lived in a upstair apartment in a really large house. this place was full on energy. one afternoon dad & i are sitting in the kitchen talking, he gets up saying he'll be right back & exits the kitchen walking back towards the bathroom. instantly i am hearing several female voices talking amongst themselves. can i understand what they are saying? no i can not. can i understand the voices i am hearing are female in nature? yes i can. are the voices i am hearing understandable? no they are not. is what i heard something like complete jibberish, or what i believe i am hearing to be solid nonsense?... yes, but i am an outsider

dad walks back into the kitchen & i'm like, "did you hear that?"

dad replies, "hear what?"

i tell him, "as soon as you left the kitchen i heard multiple female voices talking but couldn't understand what was said"

dad says something to the effect, "son of a bitch or holy shit or wow" or whatever. he then says the hairs on his neck & arms is standing up & that just days ago he came home from work (6am-2pm shift) & was walking up the front porch steps approaching the front door when he heard what he thought was his wife, her coworkers & or friends talking up a storm (having drinks after work). he opens the front door & not a single person was home. it was clearly multiple female voices just goin to town like nobodies business... then nothing                 

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

by the way, whatever is going on in this house i just mentioned, one time slammed itself or something/whatever it was into my living room wall so hard & so loud it would make your head spin. im sitting there watching tv, it's nighttime but not late & im relaxing. BAM... it was so loud & so hard sounding i refer to the sound as someone like a massive body builder... a 3 or 4 hundred pound guy of solid muscle slamming a hammer fist type blow unto the wall just feet across from me. it was remarkable

i sat up, turned off the tv, walked into the bedroom, locked the door & went to bed. that was very uncool & freaked me the hell out      

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    After I posted in here, I decided that I was just imagining things. Didn't give it another thought. Then my 6 y.o. son wakes up, comes downstairs, and says he's not going back upstairs because she's up there and won't let him sleep. Both of my daughters aren't home. I asked him who he was talking about. "The girl! She's up there and she keeps blowing in my ear and calling my name and then I can't understand the rest. She won't let me sleep!"

This isn't the first time they've seen or heard someone. So what the hell do I do with this?
    I wonder if it could work to just kindly ask the ghost to leave? Or do one have to call a medium ? I honestly do not know. I hope things will calm down.
    Not exactly a ghost, but pretty weird nonetheless...
    Thursday I stopped at a friend's house and as I was leaving, I was startled because I seriously thought I was seeing an apparition sitting on her couch. It was actually a mutual friend of ours (acquaintance). But I saw her as almost transparent, like a ghost out of some movie. I found it odd, but disregarded it. Tonight there was a lightning storm. It usually means an increase in activity. As I'm locking up the house, I suddenly feel like all the air has been sucked out of me and I can't breathe. It was just a moment, but very intense. I just found out that "transparent" friend attempted suicide and the moment I felt that breathless feeling was when my friend discovered her and was performing CPR.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Thursday I stopped at a friend's house and as I was leaving, I was startled because I seriously thought I was seeing an apparition sitting on her couch. It was actually a mutual friend of ours (acquaintance). But I saw her as almost transparent, like a ghost out of some movie. I found it odd, but disregarded it. Tonight there was a lightning storm. It usually means an increase in activity. As I'm locking up the house, I suddenly feel like all the air has been sucked out of me and I can't breathe. It was just a moment, but very intense. I just found out that "transparent" friend attempted suicide and the moment I felt that breathless feeling was when my friend discovered her and was performing CPR.  
    that's pretty freaky but kinda cool
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited August 2017
    Very interesting story, thanks for sharing. How is your friend today?
    Post edited by Annafalk on
    Annafalk said:
    Very interesting story, thanks for sharing. How is your friend today?
    She has been admitted to a mental health facility and is in good hands, getting the help she needs. Thanks. :)

recently a few things got our attention. im sleeping & or trying to sleep when i'd hear walking up & down the stairs (both & sets of stairs). it was no one here doing the walking, everyone was asleep. same night i felt weight come onto the side of the bed. i've felt this before over the years. the next morning the g/f is in the bathroom & she later asks me if i was messing w/ the door because it was being pushed on, tugged on & jiggled around.  

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    chadwick said:

recently a few things got our attention. im sleeping & or trying to sleep when i'd hear walking up & down the stairs (both & sets of stairs). it was no one here doing the walking, everyone was asleep. same night i felt weight come onto the side of the bed. i've felt this before over the years. the next morning the g/f is in the bathroom & she later asks me if i was messing w/ the door because it was being pushed on, tugged on & jiggled around.  

That's some heavy activity. 
    I often would see or hear someone when I'm in the shower, to the point that I would honestly think my husband walked in and I'm be starting a conversation with him, only to find myself alone in the house. 
    I recently smudged my house and the activity has definitely decreased. It was interesting, feeling the different energy throughout the house and then feeling the heaviness lift. Very cool experience. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    :lol:  
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited August 2017

Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Years ago while visiting my ex wife's family in Kentucky we went to her cousins boyfriends house which was way back in the woods.  The house and area was creepy enough on its own but on the way back on this windy road through the woods we saw a set of headlights coming our direction.  The lights were close enough that we should of passed a car but never did.  There were 3 of us in the car and we all asked each other if we saw it.  Creeped us all out.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    chadwick said:

That's some heavy activity. 
    I often would see or hear someone when I'm in the shower, to the point that I would honestly think my husband walked in and I'm be starting a conversation with him, only to find myself alone in the house. 
    I recently smudged my house and the activity has definitely decreased. It was interesting, feeling the different energy throughout the house and then feeling the heaviness lift. Very cool experience. 
    yeah feeling the difference in energy is pretty neat

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited August 2017
    KC138045 said:
    Years ago while visiting my ex wife's family in Kentucky we went to her cousins boyfriends house which was way back in the woods.  The house and area was creepy enough on its own but on the way back on this windy road through the woods we saw a set of headlights coming our direction.  The lights were close enough that we should of passed a car but never did.  There were 3 of us in the car and we all asked each other if we saw it.  Creeped us all out.

phantom headlights/phantom car, whatever... they're reported to be seen all over the place. i'll try & find an example of something on this. don't know if this example true or not 

4:08 mark

https://youtu.be/r75gp4cn5OI

Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce