Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides A & B), Round 2

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited June 2017 in The Porch
We are continuing to evaluate LP #1 from the Greatest Hits release Rearviewmirror.
We will get a winner from each LP and those 4 will compete to find the Ultimate Champion..

So far for LP 1:
Dissident and Jeremy eliminated Round 1

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to Round 3. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Have FUN!

Poll will close on Wednesday, 6/28 at 3:00pm cst

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides A & B), Round 2 103 votes

Once
33%
igotid88NewJPagereisgerichtbootlegger10tunodamailolobuggmfc2006PurduePete55cutzJimmyVjjflashRP112579RS151862ewok pantsMawky1103YardenCortez the Killer sent meMedozKerocshiftyRiotZact 34 votes
Alive
3%
ryph raphGern Blanstenhm210980mayerd 4 votes
Even Flow
20%
Dr. DelightHebejebeBEnglish017Spiritual_Chaosdannyjoberschlakedot30MRMACPHISTO75themessengerderbydavewall232tino_11jmf5631aurelgugusshetellsherselfriley540Sandy66HughFreakingDillondpduke69KB656988 21 votes
State Of Love And Trust
15%
mcgruff10logan5iveNamigotthebottleBrainofBGArylanbrianluxF Me In The BrainAponergambsoftenreadingPJfanwillneverleave1RunIntoTheRainjoe159RideTheWave93gvn2fly1421 16 votes
Animal
13%
AndySlashgoldrushHesCalledDyerOnWis97gado15BanjoPJForceofNaturesebcityPJ_SoulGarasaurasseanwonPearl34JambooboolisciousJojoRice 14 votes
Go
13%
CantKeepmedownreleaseNYmookieblalockNo CoderPA JammerFlying MXZpjrussCP218430BLACK35jeff2040pearljam1809northerndragondrakeheuer14Bine75 14 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,620
    State Of Love And Trust
    Tough pick already!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Once
    As much as I love Go and Animal, Alive better win this thing.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Once
    Voted the same. Was tough both times. I really like Once a lot. Just a slight bit less than the others. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    Once
    rummy said:
    As much as I love Go and Animal, Alive better win this thing.
    If it doesn't it means something has gone wrong. Which has happened before...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Once
    I'm still confused on what we are going for. I'm voting for my least favorite song, but then you say that we are voting to remove it from contention. So is the end result to find the best song or worst song?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited June 2017
    Animal
    hihobibo said:
    I'm still confused on what we are going for. I'm voting for my least favorite song, but then you say that we are voting to remove it from contention. So is the end result to find the best song or worst song?
    The end result is to see the best song standing. So we vote for our least favorite in each round, which means the strongest will remain. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Once
    hihobibo said:
    You pick the 'Weakest' song from each group. The 2 songs with the most votes are removed and you do the same thing the next round. So what you should have at the end is the strongest song.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    Animal
    Can't believe I just voted off the first PJ song I ever saw live. Tough call.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Even Flow

This round looks like it's gonna be a tight race for second place!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Once
    Geez...lots of votes for Animal early on! I thought it might have the best chance at beating Alive (not that it should, mind you).
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    State Of Love And Trust
    I almost voted for "Once" but glad I didn't.  Kind of hoping this will be a close race... as it should!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    State Of Love And Trust
    MedozK said:
    hihobibo said:
    You pick the 'Weakest' song from each group. The 2 songs with the most votes are removed and you do the same thing the next round. So what you should have at the end is the strongest song.
    It's kind of like using reverse psychology... only it's not... I know, now I've gone and added to the confusion, :lol:

I screwed up the very first round in the very first weakest link poll.  So I just keep reminding myself- VOTE FOR THE ONE YOU LIKE LEAST (i.e the weakest)!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    edited June 2017
    State Of Love And Trust
    I am having so much trouble voting.

Even Flow was my gateway drug, but at this point I've heard it enough that I'd rather hear SOLAT live.

Amazing how our preferences change over time.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    State Of Love And Trust
    And I won't vote "Once". That one holds a special place in my heart.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Even Flow
    piss break!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,876
    State Of Love And Trust
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Once
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    Even Flow hasn't aged as well as a lot of the other songs, has it? I mean, it's a Pearl Jam classic - I would never doubt its historical importance to the band. It's an essential track.However, they play songs like Alive, Black, RVM, Corduroy, Better Man, Given To Fly, and even Do The Evolution just as much (or almost as much) as they do Even Flow nowadays but when it comes on any given bootleg that I'm listening to, I tend to tune it out (I still don't dare skip it) which doesn't tend to happen with the others. 
  • Options
    Once
    Speaking of Even Flow, it's had a rough day in this poll. Jumped into 2nd spot!
  • Options
    Once
    Glad to see the votes against Animal have settled down.
  • Options
    Once
    The sides C & D rounds are going to be VERY tough - tougher than these ones.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Once
    ^ Agreed
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2017
    State Of Love And Trust
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    There are many other piss break songs other than this classic.  May I direct your attention to most of RA or Lost Dogs. Or the super fanatical fans that want a white whale song that no one else wants to hear. Sad gruf, 
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    State Of Love And Trust
    On a bootleg....okay I must admit I skip E-Flow quite a bit. At a show, I rock the fuck out! Still packs a huge punch for me live! Each to there own but a piss break song is when I have to piss haha. Usually an emergency because I've tried to hold it for 5 other great tunes lol
  • Options
    Once
    rylan said:
    On a bootleg....okay I must admit I skip E-Flow quite a bit. At a show, I rock the fuck out! Still packs a huge punch for me live! Each to there own but a piss break song is when I have to piss haha. Usually an emergency because I've tried to hold it for 5 other great tunes lol
    True. I don't recall ever going on a beer run during Even Flow (mind you, I haven't seen that many shows) which is probably for the best with so many others going about their "business" during this song. It's still a classic to me and am happy to see it performed when I'm at a show. However, it just doesn't pack that big of a wallop when I'm listening to a bootleg.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    Even Flow
    rylan said:
    If you tock the fuck out to evenflow, you must rock the fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck out to SOLAT...

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Once
    If you are pissing during Evenflow you are missing McCready's insane solo. Mike's guitar is a big reason why I've been following this band for so long. I don't piss during Evenflow.

• Options
    Once
    On the other hand, had I been at Wrigley 2 and seen it pop up in a coveted encore spot usually occupied by a rarity I would have been disappointed.

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Even Flow
    EF
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Even Flow
    JimmyV said:
    If you are pissing during Evenflow you are missing McCready's insane solo. Mike's guitar is a big reason why I've been following this band for so long. I don't piss during Evenflow.
    I was actually just kidding, because so many others call it their piss break song. I love it, actually, but as someone else mentioned, it has probably aged the worst out of the rest of the list. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Even Flow
    mcgruff10 said:
    piss break!
    Sadly I agree. 
    There are many other piss break songs other than this classic.  May I direct your attention to most of RA or Lost Dogs. Or the super fanatical fans that want a white whale song that no one else wants to hear. Sad gruf, 
    insane. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.