Wilco

Comments

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Considering the Louisville & Indy shows...
    Louisville on a Sunday night will probably win out!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

concert on Friday was AWESOME. the seating was GA so i got 5th row and I got the setlist.

So you did go to Big Ears? Glad you had a good time. I wanted to go but had family obligations.
    I did. It was an excellent setlist. Opened with one of my faves "Radio Cure". and if you hear the bootleg, I am the guy shouting for "Cars Can't Escape". embarrassed myself as the Tennessee Theater has great acoustics. everyone in the place heard me. :lol:
    Ha you're lucky Jeff didn't call you out! I was at a show once when some guy kept yelling for a song and Jeff stopped mid-song and told the guy to shut the fuck up. :lol: I saw Wilco at that theater a few years back on Record Store Day (also met the band).
    I'm through with screaming
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited March 2017

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

concert on Friday was AWESOME. the seating was GA so i got 5th row and I got the setlist.

So you did go to Big Ears? Glad you had a good time. I wanted to go but had family obligations.
    I did. It was an excellent setlist. Opened with one of my faves "Radio Cure". and if you hear the bootleg, I am the guy shouting for "Cars Can't Escape". embarrassed myself as the Tennessee Theater has great acoustics. everyone in the place heard me. :lol:
    Ha you're lucky Jeff didn't call you out! I was at a show once when some guy kept yelling for a song and Jeff stopped mid-song and told the guy to shut the fuck up. :lol: I saw Wilco at that theater a few years back on Record Store Day (also met the band).
    I know it. that went thru my head. good thing he mellowed out. I only called out once.
    the solo Tweedy shows are the best. saw him at the Bijou in 2007. it was part comedy/part music. just as good as any full band show.

that is really cool you got to meet them. I went to the Asheville show on that tour. got everyone except Tweedy's signature on my poster. :bawling: .
    Glenn and Nils are awesome guys. they hung out and talked to me and my friend for several minutes. really down to earth dudes.

@derbydave - you should go. they are really sounding good right now. well rested..... :lol:
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

I know it. that went thru my head. good thing he mellowed out. I only called out once.
    the solo Tweedy shows are the best. saw him at the Bijou in 2007. it was part comedy/part music. just as good as any full band show.

that is really cool you got to meet them. I went to the Asheville show on that tour. got everyone except Tweedy's signature on my poster. :bawling: .
    Glenn and Nils are awesome guys. they hung out and talked to me and my friend for several minutes. really down to earth dudes.

@derbydave - you should go. they are really sounding good right now. well rested..... :lol:
    I have a friend who coordinates Jeff's living room shows so she knows Jeff and his wife pretty well. She was with me in Knoxville that day so I had a bit of help when it came to talking to the band, especially Jeff. They were signing their new dvd at a record store and I got all of their autographs but when we got to Jeff my friend actually introduced us and we spoke for a few mins (!). I've met John a couple of times (through same friend) and he is super nice.

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

I have a friend who coordinates Jeff's living room shows so she knows Jeff and his wife pretty well. She was with me in Knoxville that day so I had a bit of help when it came to talking to the band, especially Jeff. They were signing their new dvd at a record store and I got all of their autographs but when we got to Jeff my friend actually introduced us and we spoke for a few mins (!). I've met John a couple of times (through same friend) and he is super nice.
    that's awesome! Tweedy seems like the kinda dude you could have a great conversation with. one day I shall meet him, hopefully.
    oh yeah. I forgot about John. he was really cool. I was surprised at how short he was :lol;

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    New Tweedy solo, acoustic album up for pre-order :bee:
    https://tweedy-store.myshopify.com
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    that's going to be a good sounding record.....
    oh man, The Tweedster has been busy. I have a bootleg recording of some of his solo shows.
    can't wait to hear the studio versions!!!!
    jjflash said:

New Tweedy solo, acoustic album up for pre-order :bee:
    https://tweedy-store.myshopify.com

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Ordered the deluxe box. Can't wait!
  • So excited!!!!
  • Also, fingers crossed for a solo tour. I last saw him solo in 2006.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

Also, fingers crossed for a solo tour. I last saw him solo in 2006.

I was second row at one of his Portland Maine show in 2011? Absolutely amazing
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

Ordered the deluxe box. Can't wait!

I almost did the same, but $40 and the add on item is a puzzle? I went for this colored vinyl for $20

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25050803/jeff-tweedy-together-at-last-opaque-yellow-vinyl-limited-edition
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • jervin007 said:

Also, fingers crossed for a solo tour. I last saw him solo in 2006.

I was second row at one of his Portland Maine show in 2011? Absolutely amazing
    Nice! I was front row for Tweedy in Athens in 2014. He did do an acoustic set for part of the show so I guess that counts!
    Did anybody that ordered from Jeff Tweedy's online store receive an album download with their vinyl purchase?  I ordered the deluxe box and I was pretty sure it mentioned that it came with an album download on the date of release...
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    I saw Wilco at the Rockford show, first time seeing them.  I was highly entertained and will check out their discography and see them again
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

Did anybody that ordered from Jeff Tweedy's online store receive an album download with their vinyl purchase?  I ordered the deluxe box and I was pretty sure it mentioned that it came with an album download on the date of release...
    I guess I should clarify that my question was in regards to the Jeff Tweedy - Together At Last acoustic album.  Thanks. 
  • tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    Anybody going to the new fall shows that were just announced? I got a ticket for Asheville in the presale yesterday. Not my favorite venue but I'll deal since it looks like they aren't coming any closer to SC. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Unfortunately no shows near me.  Debating on Camden next week.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited July 2017
    As someone who know very little to nothing about Wilco (other than they've obviously proven themselves), Can anyone recommend 5 main tracks to get into them and then from those tracks, the easiest album to get into. I'll hang up and listen to your answers. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G881nM8OHbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2okTMB8P_pE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-gwT_biME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBpDs-BfwO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi9l10pzMeI

Ah, young Jeff. I miss him.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Anybody going to the new fall shows that were just announced? I got a ticket for Asheville in the presale yesterday. Not my favorite venue but I'll deal since it looks like they aren't coming any closer to SC. 
    We're hitting the Asheville show as well. Pretty easy for us since we live here though.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    We're hitting the Asheville show as well. Pretty easy for us since we live here though.
    Cool. My brother and sister in law live there, too. Beautiful place but I hate the Thomas Wolfe. 
    Cool. My brother and sister in law live there, too. Beautiful place but I hate the Thomas Wolfe. 
    As long as you are down in the orchestra it's not too bad.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    edited July 2017
    Excited to go to the Atlanta show. We are on the tenth row Nels side.  
    If it does not sell out we may hit up birmingham too but need to look at that as the date is closer. 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22

Got 7th row seats!!!

It's been way too long since they have been back to Ashevegas!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    lolobugg said:

Got 7th row seats!!!

That Asheville show sold like crazy. A lot of people making the trip for that. If it wasn't a monday i'd be more interested. That is an amazing time of the year to be in the asheville area. It is so pretty. 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    lolobugg said:

Got 7th row seats!!!

Actually they are sixth row. =)

I'm 6th row, too, I think. Row C?
    Row D but we are on OR on the isle. There isn't a cc row on the left and right.