Columbia 2016

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Nope.
    Big nope, not at all.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oh when I was a kid...

Maybe semantics, but I believe more in the energy and spirit that lingers, that is sometimes sensed.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I do.  I've experienced them many times and I have actually seen two.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    edited June 2017
    Oh yes. Seen them, heard them, sensed them, and avoided a few accidents thanks to them. Even my husband, a total non-believer says shit is getting weird around here. 

Edit: I should add that we've been together for over 20 years, so the man knows weird. :smiley:
    So for him to say it's getting weird is really something. 
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    I do.  I've experienced them many times and I have actually seen two.
    Oh yes. Seen them, heard them, sensed them, and avoided a few accidents thanks to them. Even my husband, a total non-believer says shit is getting weird around here. 
    Both stories I would love to hear. I am still unsure if I believe in them or not. In my old, and literally old age wise house, I swear I would hear something/someone walking around upstairs. Granted old houses are going to creek, but it always seemed to move from one side to the other in rhythm.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

this topic has been tossed around here for awhile now. good stuff. yes i believe & so on & so forth.

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

this topic has been tossed around here for awhile now. good stuff. yes i believe & so on & so forth.

Searched for a thread and couldn't find one on the topic. If I made a repeating one, my bad 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    paranormal thread over on the moving train. im positive there are several threads around. anyhow. this looks like a good one for now. what is your opinion on ghosts & the like? 

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I'll hear someone, assuming it's my husband, and find that I'm the only one home, on that floor, he's asleep, etc. 
    A few weeks ago we turned off the living room fan ( by pull cord) but left the light on. As we went up to bed, we flipped off the light switch. My husband had to go back downstairs a few minutes later and came back startled looking. The LR light was still off, but the fan was going as if it had just been turned off. Except that we turned it off a couple of hours ago and the blades were perfectly still. That one freaked him out a bit. 

Edit: I should add that we've been together for over 20 years, so the man knows weird. :smiley:

nicely done. it's exciting stuff. at some pj show there should be a pre & post show paranormal party/gathering. folks would be jealous & they'd be mean to us... at least that's kinda what I've experienced from the nonbelievers on here. they're quite ridged/strict with their science books & labs      

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

nicely done. it's exciting stuff. at some pj show there should be a pre & post show paranormal party/gathering. folks would be jealous & they'd be mean to us... at least that's kinda what I've experienced from the nonbelievers on here. they're quite ridged/strict with their science books & labs      
    Ooh, that would be fun! And hey, I'm all for science, but I dare anyone to explain, for example, how I heard the word "stop" one day while driving and stopped at a green light only to avoid the truck that blew his red light right in front of me. I would've been t-boned and badly hurt at best, had I not listened. I have had so many of these experiences now that I can't help but believe. 

dad's driving home from working nights, it's still dark. a voice from directly behind him, like in the backseat, said sternly into his ear, pull your arm in the car, you're going to have an accident. he had his arm hanging out the window while driving down the highway. he pulls his arm in, backs off the gas & is then slammed into by a drunk driver that flipped dad's car over into a ditch coming to rest on a fence on its side.  

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    yeah the driver's side... fender & door all smoked  

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

I'd never be mean to any of ya :)

My guy spent the night in the hospital last week.  At home by myself, I woke up for a bit as I'm prone to do....heard movement in the other room, similar to when he gets up to get something to drink or listen to music on his headphones.  Our cats were poised by the bedroom door looking nervous.  Then it stopped, we all chilled and I fell back asleep.

Could've been stress, half-dreaming, who knows.  But once in a while that sensation hits.  Usually during tough times.
    chadwick said:

dad's driving home from working nights, it's still dark. a voice from directly behind him, like in the backseat, said sternly into his ear, pull your arm in the car, you're going to have an accident. he had his arm hanging out the window while driving down the highway. he pulls his arm in, backs off the gas & is then slammed into by a drunk driver that flipped dad's car over into a ditch coming to rest on a fence on its side.  

Wow! That's what I'm talking about! It's one thing to see or hear things. Fine, call me crazy, whatever. But when you hear something and then it happens...that's much harder to ignore or explain away. 

Hedo, it was probably someone looking out for you, especially during tough times. There's something comforting about that. :)
    happens often

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Im open minded about ghosts. I would like to actually go somewhere or experience it for myself to a point where it is impossible to play off as something random. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Im open minded about ghosts. I would like to actually go somewhere or experience it for myself to a point where it is impossible to play off as something random. 
    I gotta tell ya, as many things as I've experienced, it still startles the crap out of me every time. Hell of a way to get my heart pumping. 
    The way I describe it is like they're on a different frequency and when those frequencies match up, that's when I see/hear them. Now I can usually feel it before it happens. Almost like vibrating. 
    good way of describing things, roguestoner.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited June 2017
    dad's mother appeared but I was asked to turn around first as im doing pushups or setups in line with my two brothers in front of the couch our parents were sitting on. midstride i stop, turn around as i was made/asked, there she stood behind the woodstove. she'd been gone about 6 months. i was in 3rd grade & in the boxing club doing my shit. grandma's a guardian angel of mine      
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Oh, I love that story, Chadwick. Miss my grandma so much and haven't seen her but I know she's around. 
    i'm sure she is

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Enjoyed reading all your fascinating stories, thanks for sharing everyone.
    For a long time ago I couldn't sleep so good because in my room things was like tossed down on the floor, objects that had been standing far from there. It was only happening with objects of some kind of metal. It stopped happening after some time.
    edited June 2017
    annafalk, what you shared is interesting. cool stuff. it reminded me of when i used to have rocks on my dresser. so one day I'm hanging up shirts in the closet, my back is to the dresser just feet away. a rock was slammed down on the dresser top. it sounded as if someone (i'm home alone, lived alone) literally picked a rock up & as hard as they could muster, they slammed it down onto the wooden surface of my dresser. i frozen for a few seconds, hair on my neck erect, i turned around to seeing nothing there         

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited June 2017
    chadwick said:
    annafalk, what you shared is interesting. cool stuff. it reminded me of when i used to have rocks on my dresser. so one day I'm hanging up shirts in the closet, my back is to the dresser just feet away. a rock was slammed down on the dresser top. it sounded as if someone (i'm home alone, lived alone) literally picked a rock up & as hard as they could muster, they slammed it down onto the wooden surface of my dresser. i frozen for a few seconds, hair on my neck erect, i turned around to seeing nothing there         
    Thank you, I thought your stories was really interesting. Me and some friends had played a "Spirit in glass " game which I think was the reason for this accuring. I was young and foolish.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I don't believe in ghosts as the idea of it does not coincide with my belief of the after life (that there is none), but I'm not 100% close minded on the issue. I do think there are some weird things that have happened that haven't been explained any other way yet, but to me there hasn't been enough reputable proof of existence. Those Ghost Adventures shows were entertaining back in the day though.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I always wonder why a skeptic like me never has these experiences?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

This is funny.
    I agree.
    rgambs said:
    Maybe you're just not open to it, and so don't have those experiences?  Not everyone does, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that some do.

Either way, I don't find it - as PJfan so eloquently put it - "funny".

And personally, I never even thought much about it till the random shit happened.  Until I have the answers, which I know I never will, I'm open to the answers.