Russia's Influence On The American Election

Comments

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,227
    PJfan, why do you keep saying things about Russia not changing any votes or the outcome of the election? The fact that they didn't make an impact doesn't make the crimes of collusion (if they exist) or hacking into systems not illegal. If I rob a bank and get away with it- I'm still on the hook for that crime until I'm caught or someone convinces a jury I didn't do it. 

This is getting exhausting.

What did Russia do? - until you give a viable answer I am saying my answer is nothing.
    Well, I work for the Illinois State Board of Elections and they hacked us. But what do I know?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/russian-hackers-accessed-illinois-election-board-database-last-year/

Just because no votes were changed doesn't make what happened less illegal. 
    Quoting a source from the most corrupt, bankrupt and crooked state in the union and also admitting that no votes were changed is almost handing your opponents ammunition.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If votes were changed... and we knew it... they would NEVER tell us
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

Even the White House chief of staff acknowledged as far back as January that Russia hacked the DNC, but the morons who support Trump have their fingers stuck in their ears and won't hear it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14S0O6

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,221
    PJfan, why do you keep saying things about Russia not changing any votes or the outcome of the election? The fact that they didn't make an impact doesn't make the crimes of collusion (if they exist) or hacking into systems not illegal. If I rob a bank and get away with it- I'm still on the hook for that crime until I'm caught or someone convinces a jury I didn't do it. 

What did Russia do? - until you give a viable answer I am saying my answer is nothing.

^

This is moronic.....and not surprising.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,110
    ledvedderman said: hi

Well, I work for the Illinois State Board of Elections and they hacked us. But what do I know?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/russian-hackers-accessed-illinois-election-board-database-last-year/

Quoting a source from the most corrupt, bankrupt and crooked state in the union and also admitting that no votes were changed is almost handing your opponents ammunition.
    First the govt told us "don't worry, at least the 'election apparatus' wasn't touched.

Then they say "although the Russians attempted to hack 39 states vote totals, don't worry, no votes were changed."

Now theyre telling us the Russians purged thousands from voter rolls. At what point does this become country before party for the GOP?"
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

Ughhhh. What? I'm the source. Yes, Illinois elected officials have a history of corruption- but what does that have to do with any of this? 

Ughhhh. What? I'm the source. Yes, Illinois elected officials have a history of corruption- but what does that have to do with any of this? 
    So how did this hack you uncovered by Russian hackers influence the election in the favor of Donald trump to win the presidency.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,204
    Regardless of whether votes were changed or voters were purged, the bigger point here is that Trump and his administration continue to ignore this facet of the Russia story. You don't have to believe there was collusion between Trump's team and Russia to believe that the Russians tampered with the election. It seems Trump and most of his supporters don't want to go down that path because it will imply his election was tainted and that Russia did want him in office for their own reasons.

If your neighbors looked through your mail and email everyday, but didn't steal it or change it, would you find that ok? There's a lot of complaints about big brother and spying being done by the American government, but then it doesn't matter if Russia tampered in our electoral process and tried to change it? That makes no sense.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Regardless of whether votes were changed or voters were purged, the bigger point here is that Trump and his administration continue to ignore this facet of the Russia story. You don't have to believe there was collusion between Trump's team and Russia to believe that the Russians tampered with the election. It seems Trump and most of his supporters don't want to go down that path because it will imply his election was tainted and that Russia did want him in office for their own reasons.

If your neighbors looked through your mail and email everyday, but didn't steal it or change it, would you find that ok? There's a lot of complaints about big brother and spying being done by the American government, but then it doesn't matter if Russia tampered in our electoral process and tried to change it? That makes no sense.
    Thread title is Russia's influence on the election.  The USA AND RUSSIA both spy and hack each other daily.  I think people want the hard evidence that the Russians influenced the election.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,790
    tbergs said:

Thread title is Russia's influence on the election.  The USA AND RUSSIA both spy and hack each other daily.  I think people want the hard evidence that the Russians influenced the election.
    tRump is President, how much hard evidence do people need?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    tbergs said:

tRump is President, how much hard evidence do people need?
    Please.
    tbergs said:

Ok, fair enough. So if I understand you correctly, you are only concerned about Russia if they were physically able to change votes? The rest is just spy stuff that we should expect and comes with the territory. Besides that, don't you think our president should condemn or reassure the American people that this will be investigated thoroughly to ensure our electoral process is not subject to hacking for future elections?
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

Ok, fair enough. So if I understand you correctly, you are only concerned about Russia if they were physically able to change votes? The rest is just spy stuff that we should expect and comes with the territory. Besides that, don't you think our president should condemn or reassure the American people that this will be investigated thoroughly to ensure our electoral process is not subject to hacking for future elections?
    All things that happened well before this election.  I'm no more concerned about Russia now than I was 4 years ago.  Trump is a goof for sure, but he didn't win the election because of Russia, which people just can't believe for whatever reason.
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

All things that happened well before this election.  I'm no more concerned about Russia now than I was 4 years ago.  Trump is a goof for sure, but he didn't win the election because of Russia, which people just can't believe for whatever reason.
    I don't think he won the election because of Russia either. I am more concerned that our infrastructure is compromised and that this was just the first fishing expedition to test the waters. True, this happened before Trump was president, but he continues to deny they interfered. All while making sure that we know about every "terrorist" being allowed in the country due to his failed travel ban. He promotes fear when it benefits him and instead denies evidence because it doesn't. That's my biggest issue. I am no more afraid of Russia then I am an Islamic terrorist attack.
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I don't think he won the election because of Russia either. I am more concerned that our infrastructure is compromised and that this was just the first fishing expedition to test the waters. True, this happened before Trump was president, but he continues to deny they interfered. All while making sure that we know about every "terrorist" being allowed in the country due to his failed travel ban. He promotes fear when it benefits him and instead denies evidence because it doesn't. That's my biggest issue. I am no more afraid of Russia then I am an Islamic terrorist attack.
    Excellent points but not what this thread is about.  
  • Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    Trump may have not won the general election through direct Russian interference, but there is a lot of evidence of their fake news and robot online support helping him to the nomination.
    The Russians have their little hashtag factories that helped convince the vast amount of under educated (that Trump is found of), of his potential greatness. Which hopefully we shall see any day now.
    Trump may have not won the general election through direct Russian interference, but there is a lot of evidence of their fake news and robot online support helping him to the nomination.
    The Russians have their little hashtag factories that helped convince the vast amount of under educated (that Trump is found of), of his potential greatness. Which hopefully we shall see any day now.
    So Russian hashtags got trump the republican nomination?  Ok.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,570
    So Russian hashtags got trump the republican nomination?  Ok.

Why do you deny that? Did you read the declassified portion of the intelligence report on how Russia interfered in our election? It appears that you haven't and maybe that you should.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Why is it so fucking hard to grasp that NO ONE IS FUCKING SAYING that Russia won the election for Trump. Did it indirectly help him some? Possibly. Enough to sway it? Nope. 
    The problem is that it was illegal and it exposed some real weaknesses to our process. Maybe they didn't think to do it or it wasn't part of the plan, but if they get into databases again, making even the slightest change to a voter's info can disqualify them from obtaining a ballot. Then there's the personal info obtained that could be used to hack individuals. This is a big deal, man. Even if it didn't change the results- it's a big deal. It's also illegal and any American worth their salt should not only welcome an in depth investigation, but demand it. 
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2017
    Why is it so fucking hard to grasp that NO ONE IS FUCKING SAYING that Russia won the election for Trump. Did it indirectly help him some? Possibly. Enough to sway it? Nope. 
    The problem is that it was illegal and it exposed some real weaknesses to our process. Maybe they didn't think to do it or it wasn't part of the plan, but if they get into databases again, making even the slightest change to a voter's info can disqualify them from obtaining a ballot. Then there's the personal info obtained that could be used to hack individuals. This is a big deal, man. Even if it didn't change the results- it's a big deal. It's also illegal and any American worth their salt should not only welcome an in depth investigation, but demand it. 

It's not hard to grasp at all.  It is odd that you continue to say it didn't change the results which is hard to grasp.
     Are you saying the Russians hacked the election and Hillary still lost even though to many Americans she won because she had more votes? 

It's not hard to grasp at all.  It is odd that you continue to say it didn't change the results which is hard to grasp.
     Are you saying the Russians hacked the election and Hillary still lost even though to many Americans she won because she had more votes? 
    That's exactly what I'm saying. We aren't a country where the popular vote determines the winner country. I wish we were, but both sides know the rules going into it and know what it's going to take to win. If either side was serious in going to a popular vote determines the winner election, you'd see legislation sponsored by leadership to change how it's done. The fact that you don't see that going on now (or in 2001), should tell you how the party leaders truly feel about how it's done. They're fine with it.
    edited June 2017
    ^^^
    I hear what you are saying about wishing it were a winner of the popular vote takes all but where has this thought/talk been since the election?  All we are bombarded w/ is how much Hillary won by.  Where are the citizens calling for a revamp of the rules?  So far it is just you (on here) anyway.

My Canadian friend, if ever there were a country that could be diagnosed with ADD, it's the United States. We get pissed off and then it's like that fucking dog from Up, "oh look a squirrel!". And right now it's even worse because there is just SO MUCH going on. For every single story, there are at least two narratives getting broadcast to the masses. Beyond that there are dozens of subplots to each narrative. Both sides know exactly what they're doing. They know we have a short attention span. They prefer that because Congress is up for re-election every two years. They're never out of campaign mode there. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I will go on the record and say that I believe Russia's hacking and other shady actions influenced some voters...enough to win him the election. The election was that close. I will probably never have proof of it....but there is enough evidence for me to believe it. 

Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Trump, report says

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vladimir-putin-gave-direct-instructions-help-elect-donald-trump-report/

edited June 2017
    ^^^

Listen to what you just said on the record for a minute "I will probably never have proof of it....but there is enough evidence for me to believe it".

Lordy, no wonder you guys have President Trump.  Fish in a barrel.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278
    The Russians hacked and the trumpsters are ok with it but you can bet your bottom $ that if Russia hacked into our electricity grids they would be the 1st Americans crying how could this happen ! The Elections were just a trial run for Russia ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The Russians hacked and the trumpsters are ok with it but you can bet your bottom $ that if Russia hacked into our electricity grids they would be the 1st Americans crying how could this happen ! The Elections were just a trial run for Russia ! 

Truth or Propaganda?
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,570
    The Russians hacked and the trumpsters are ok with it but you can bet your bottom $ that if Russia hacked into our electricity grids they would be the 1st Americans crying how could this happen ! The Elections were just a trial run for Russia ! 

Truth or Propaganda?
    I thought it was truth or consequences?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Truth or Propaganda?
    Why are you here you need to be posting in the truth thread since you lap up every turd that comes out of orange Bafoon's mouth as truth ! 

Truth or Propaganda?
    Hey what has this administration done to make sure this kind of hacking doesn't happen again look it up and come back and show us thanks ..