The National Football League

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Turns out no other teams contacted the 49ers about moving up ... not a good look for the Bears GM when a retired strong safety with no experiance pulls your pants down around your ankles.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    not 100% sold on Watson...great college QB, though. I think it goes to show that Romo is definitely done. And the TOm Savage era may be over.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

I loved what the 49ers did. Picked up some options in a swap that cost them nothing with Da Bears and took DE.
    Used one of those picks to move back up into the back of the 1st round and take a stud LB.
    They are still going to be shitty, but that was good use of draft picks on day 1 I think. (Never really know until the guys play in the league)

They had a great night. I nodded off and then woke up when I saw them taking Foster. Rebuilding that defense pretty quickly out there...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Jason P said:

Turns out no other teams contacted the 49ers about moving up ... not a good look for the Bears GM when a retired strong safety with no experiance pulls your pants down around your ankles.

And I've read that several teams contacted the 49ers about moving up. Don't think anyone is really going to know what happened. Either way, Pace sure gave up a shitload to move up 1 spot....Trubisky better turn out to be a good one or he'll be out of a job real soon.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Jason P said:

And I've read that several teams contacted the 49ers about moving up. Don't think anyone is really going to know what happened. Either way, Pace sure gave up a shitload to move up 1 spot....Trubisky better turn out to be a good one or he'll be out of a job real soon.
    The other trade up for a qb was puzzling to me as well. Next year's 1st and a 3rd for Pat Mahomes?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Shocking that the Bengals drafted Mixon.
    Derek Carr is getting $25M a year with $70M guaranteed.  I wish is was pretty OK at playing QB.

Only the Raiders make this move when Carr has a year left on his rookie deal.  What if he turns into a pumpkin?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Jason P said:
    Derek Carr is getting $25M a year with $70M guaranteed.  I wish is was pretty OK at playing QB.

Only the Raiders make this move when Carr has a year left on his rookie deal.  What if he turns into  his brother?
    fixed
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Reminder:  Never invite Marshawn Lynch to your charity soccer game unless he is on your side ...

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    hey guys I know there are only a few Packers fans here but I worked pretty hard on this edit and some support would be awesome:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTvjYv9Jd2o
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    ^ Steelers fan here, but I thought it was fucking awesome! 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    No highlights of teams going through the Pack's sieve like defense like a hot knife through butter?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited July 2017
    Poncier said:
    No highlights of teams going through the Pack's sieve like defense like a hot knife through butter?
    picked up Davon House, Jean Francois, Kevin King, Josh Jones, Montravious Adams, and Vince Biegel this offseason, this is gonna be a top 10 defense again mark my words!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    so happy that we get to see jay cutler get kicked around for another year! :smiley:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

6 games for Ezekiel Elliott. Seems kind of harsh but i'm not sad about it.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    pjhawks said:

6 games for Ezekiel Elliott. Seems kind of harsh but i'm not sad about it.
    its hard to judge due to the fact that there were no charges against him but the NFL said that they believe that there is enough evidence.  if it urns out that he did assault that woman then he deserved more than 6 games.  Kap lost his career for just not standing up.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    He'll appeal and get 4 games.  Sad.

The NFL - give us your woman beaters, your gun toters, your drunk drivers yearning to rush for 1000 yards.  But don't you dare peacefully kneel during the anthem in protest against violence and racism.

The NFL - give us your woman beaters, your gun toters, your drunk drivers yearning to rush for 1000 yards.  But don't you dare peacefully kneel during the anthem in protest against violence and racism.
    stop already. if Kaepernick was as good as Elliott he'd be employed.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    pjhawks said:

He's better than most of the backups.
    I miss igotid88
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    How is 6 games harsh for a woman beater?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

pjhawks said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick? Jay Cutler? Brock Osweiler? Mark Sanchez? Blaine Gabbert?  He's no worse than any of these employed QBs. The very latter of whom was benched for Kaepernick in the 2016 season.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    pjhawks said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick? Jay Cutler? Brock Osweiler? Mark Sanchez? Blaine Gabbert?  He's no worse than any of these employed QBs. The very latter of whom was benched for Kaepernick in the 2016 season.
    Yeah but its the baggage that comes with signing him that no one wants to touch.
    Plus the Castro shirt that he wore to Miami. That sure helped him in NOT getting signed by Miami.

When a team playing in (well, at least within a 2 hour drive) of the most liberal city in the US says they don't want you, your career is pretty much fucked.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    Bills trade Sammy Watkins
    I miss igotid88
    Sammy "Killer of Fantasy Football Teams" Watkins.
    pjhawks said:

Yeah but its the baggage that comes with signing him that no one wants to touch.
    Plus the Castro shirt that he wore to Miami. That sure helped him in NOT getting signed by Miami.

So it's not a talent issue. Glad we cleared that up.  Can we also stop calling a peaceful protest "baggage," etc?
    edited August 2017
    pjhawks said:

So it's not a talent issue. Glad we cleared that up.  Can we also stop calling a peaceful protest "baggage," etc?
    curious if you have you ever had to hire or fire someone? the bigger the talent the more rope they get before they get to hang themselves.  the less talented and more easily replaced i'm always going to hire the one who will most likely cause less headaches. alas average to below average kaepernick doesn't have a job when many other average to below average schmucks do.   Is this really hard for people to understand?  it shouldn't be.