Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    edited June 2017
    I don't have Icky Thump so I'm pretty excited. Even better that this is the fourth and final package from the year Vault subscription I received as part of the Music City Animal Advocates charity auction I got last year. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I got in with the Icky Mono and there's already a great sounding pressing of the standard release. Just not all that imaginitive and probably the weakest JW related Vault, aside from the Elephant singles box.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

As someone who tracked down and bought almost every WS single, I like the idea of the singles boxset.

Just wish I would've known. spent some much time and money on WS singles.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2017
    DewieCox said:
    I got in with the Icky Mono and there's already a great sounding pressing of the standard release. Just not all that imaginitive and probably the weakest JW related Vault, aside from the Elephant singles box.
    I thought the Lazaretto one sucked shit. It was just a coloured version of the regular release, and what? Some crappy flag or something? I thought it was a ridiculous waste of money. Yes, this one is a little redundant, but at least it has some original content still, and you get some bang for your buck with it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DewieCox said:
    Blows. I think Thirdman might be out of interesting material for now.

we all had to know this was going to happen eventually with it being every 3 months. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

DewieCox said:

we all had to know this was going to happen eventually with it being every 3 months. 
    I figured they'd always have plenty of material forever, with the number of performances they host. I'm thinking they just did this because it's the WS biggest album's anniversary, so why not make a fancy pants vault package out of it and draw in some new subscribers? I wouldn't read too much into it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    DewieCox said:

JW has toured a bunch.  Release some of those shows on vinyl.  Hell, do a duet with Pokey Laforge.  
    edited June 2017
    I'd rather get something for cool new JW/other band or artist collaborations, like they did with PJ but more collaborative. Doing that once every 3 months or whatever isn't much of a stretch for JW I shouldn't think.
    They could probably release the PJ soundcheck and get 1000 new subscribers.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    They could probably release the PJ soundcheck and get 1000 new subscribers.
    Haha. Maybe. I personally don't love the PJ vault just because I want something more unique. I really wanted it to be more collaborative between PJ and JW than it was, music-wise.
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

I figured they'd always have plenty of material forever, with the number of performances they host. I'm thinking they just did this because it's the WS biggest album's anniversary, so why not make a fancy pants vault package out of it and draw in some new subscribers? I wouldn't read too much into it.
    true, I was more thinking of studio stuff. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Received a shipping notice.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    JK_Livin said:
    Received a shipping notice.
    Same Here
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Yeah me too.. Last name R.  
    I'm looking forward to the Icky box.  I love the album though I only have the stereo, not the mono.  I think it sounds great.  But if this new one is pressed at TMR and not United, then it would be interesting to hear if there's a difference.  
    But I have to believe the general consensus is right...they are running out of ideas.  Jack needs an album and tour.  Then perhaps we can get a colored vinyl of a new release, see him live again and get a Roo type box set.  Lots of problems solved.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I thought something tied in with American Epic would've been awesome, but I guess they'd probably hold something like to have a second round of promotion.
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    The new vault is an easy buy for me.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    DewieCox said:
    I thought something tied in with American Epic would've been awesome, but I guess they'd probably hold something like to have a second round of promotion.
    I was hoping for something related to the American Epic series as well. I really enjoyed the series and think that the material from it would make a great release and compliment to the already released stuff.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Not sure if any of you vaultees would really not want this, but just throwing it out there that I don't own icky thump so I'd buy this vault off your hands
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if any of you vaultees would really not want this, but just throwing it out there that I don't own icky thump so I'd buy this vault off your hands
    I can help using the same method as before bud, but did you know that you can just subscribe for one Vault at a time with TMR? You can go buy it right now for yourself! If you never want another vault again, just unsubscribe once you're done with this one. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Anyone receive theirs yet?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    just now. it's sweet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    JK_Livin said:
    Yup. Mine arrived in B'ham, AL on Sat
    Damn, received an email on the 21st but still haven't received it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    JK_Livin said:
    just now. it's sweet. 
    Just ordered it. Sounds like these things are shipping quickly!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Oh wait....I think you guys are talking about the last Vault, not Icky Thump. My bad!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    just now. it's sweet. 
    Just ordered it. Sounds like these things are shipping quickly!
    If you just ordered it, you ordered Vault 33. Vault 32 is shipping out now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    what is in Vault 32?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Anyone have the Dead Weather 7" Open Up from Vault 18 they'd like to sell me..  My first vault was 19, so I missed this release and need it to complete TDW set.. 
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
    lolobugg said:
    what is in Vault 32?

Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Anyone have the Dead Weather 7" Open Up from Vault 18 they'd like to sell me..  My first vault was 19, so I missed this release and need it to complete TDW set.. 
    This guy is selling one.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/263022/fs-tons-of-vinyl#latest
    Tom O.
    -The Writer