Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited June 2017

^

haha

Juggler's getting excited....

chinese-happy.jpg

Zach Lowe saying it's involving several picks and no players?

Please don't hand them the Kings pick. Please. Come on Bryan... Please call Hinkie for advice!

chinese-happy.jpg
    Wait a minute...ONLY a swap and kings pick and that's it? Yeah sign me up for that if it's true. This is the reason we started accumulating assets. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    How many more picks do they need at this point? Use your assets to get what you need. I don't know dick about fultz, but seems like they'll be pretty good
    How many more picks do they need at this point? Use your assets to get what you need. I don't know dick about fultz, but seems like they'll be pretty good

Yeah I agree. This is why Hinkie started to accumulate them. When a situation like this comes along you have to pounce. It looks like a win win for both teams. Kinda think the Bulls get the short end of the stick

Last I heard last night had Sixers giving up 3, the Lakers pick and Okafor.

Thing about Fultz is most people haven't seen a lot of him because he was on a bad team on the west coast who didn't make the tourney....but from what I've read and the highlights I've seen, he's absolutely the best fit for this team. Can score, shoot, distribute, can play off the ball (something like 57% of his 3's were assisted), and has good size for pg. This would be the missing piece of the puzzle. Should be perfect fit with Ben and The Process

chinese-happy.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Fultz cancelled workout with Celtics....working out for Sixers today instead.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Looks like it will come down to whether or not the Lakers take Jackson at 2. Probably will have to wait until Thursday...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Looks like it will come down to whether or not the Lakers take Jackson at 2. Probably will have to wait until Thursday...
    Why? Seems like this is happening, no?
    Fucking twitter. So much info out there. I saw something that said the Celtics want Jackson at 3 so if the Lakers take him, it could throw this into jeopardy. But then I saw a Woj tweet that said this is a done deal as long as today's workout goes well...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
     =) A pre-draft video for all philly and celtics fans.  Not sure how the cookies will fall, but ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWH_4UZ_mfQ

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited June 2017
    Fucking twitter. So much info out there. I saw something that said the Celtics want Jackson at 3 so if the Lakers take him, it could throw this into jeopardy. But then I saw a Woj tweet that said this is a done deal as long as today's workout goes well...
    And, what is considered a good workout? And, if he doesn't have a good workout, the 76ers won't draft him? I wouldn't think the 76ers would base the pick and one workout. I hope not anyway. You'd think the 76ers have done all of their homework on Fultz, and others, already.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    PROCESS TRUSTED MOTHERFUCKERS
    Thank you, yet again, Sam Hinkie. You glorious bastard. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Michael Carter Williams and some cap space. Essentially that is what it cost us to land the top pick and select Markelle Fultz on Thursday. 

Give the man a ring should this core ever win a championship...

http://www.derekbodner.com/2017/06/18/sixers-acquire-1-overall-pick-from-celtics-will-select-markelle-fultz/

The 76ers acquired the Lakers pick in a three-team trade with the Milwaukee Bucks and the Phoenix Suns back in February 2015. The Sixers shipped away reigning Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams, getting the Lakers pick in return. The Lakers pick was then top-5 protected in the 2015 NBA draft, then top-3 protected for both 2016 and 2017. The Lakers were awarded the 2nd overall pick in the lottery for three consecutive years (2015, 2016, 2017), so the pick became fully unprotected for the 2018 draft.

The 76ers acquired a number of assets in a trade with the Sacramento Kings in July 2015 that helped make this trade possible. The 76ers traded Arturas Gudaitis (47th pick in 2015) and Luka Mitrovic (60th pick) for Nik Stauskas, Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, the right to swap first round picks with the Kings in both 2016 and 2017, and what eventually became an unprotected 2019 pick from Sacramento. The Kings primarily made the trade to clear cap space for free agency that summer.

The Sixers finished with a better pick than the Kings in the 2016 draft, but the Kings jumped to 3rd in the lottery this year, giving the Sixers the right to swap their 5th pick for the Kings’ 3rd pick.

These moves made by former general manager Sam Hinkie gave Bryan Colangelo the assets necessary to make a more compelling offer than the Lakers, who were also reportedly looking to move up from #2 to acquire Fultz.

chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Now just 5 weeks to go over all the scenarios.  I like Jackson, Monk and Fox. If we don't love someone at 3 then try to trade down a few spots. Thanks Sam.
    Ther probably looking at Jayson Tatum too.  Maybe Jonathon Issac also?Ta

Tatum? I hope not.

Wish Jackson could shoot the ball better....

What do you make of the 3, Lakers pick and Saric to Celtics for 1 rumor? I wish that would work with Okafor instead, but I doubt it would. Would be a ton to give up....but if you get the guy who fits best with Simmons and Embiid, you gotta at least think about it.

There are quite a few different scenarios I'd be good with right now. Trading down might make the most sense.

Gave up less than what I was talking about a month ago. Props to Colangelo for not letting Ainge fleece him. I wasn't sure he had it in him after the Nerlens trade... 

Onward and upward gentlemen...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    looks like both teams made out well this deal.  Go Sixers!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    pjhawks said:
    The Fixer said:
    here are my random draft thoughts...

I love when 'experts' refer to certain college player stats.  The sixers pick at 3.  Most of the guys they are considering are one and done guys, so they are 19 years old.  Referring to their three point percentage after 40 games really means nothing.  College basketball statistics are more worthless than Ryan Howard's RBI totals (hahahaha).  
    Trading down from 3 makes zero sense.  Sixers already have too many prospects at the NBA level and not enough roster spots. They also have a surplus of future picks (namely the lakers first in 18 and the kings first in 19, both unprotected -- the sixers future is stacked)

Normally I would like to see the trade down, but this year I'd like to see them trade up for Fultz.  Being that boston has the 1 pick this year, it's not normal.  In my perfect world, the celtics take ball/jackson first, the sixers trade the lakers first back to them (with okafors fat ass), and they get fultz at one.  if not just take jackson or dennis smith at 3.  I could live with tatum but I think that pick is conservative.  You can't teach athleticism, you can teach a guy to shoot.  kawaii leonard couldn't shoot out of college.  westbrook couldn't shoot out of college.  

guards are the easiest position to find.  the sixers have tons of assets.  draft the guy with the largest upside (jackson, smith).  hope they work out.  if they bust like okafat, then dump them. 

come on colonjello - do the right thing.  ugh

any other unrealistic ideas you got? the Celtics aren't taking Ball or Jackson and they aren't trading #1 to the Sixers.  just stop.

So.  About that #1 pick...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    pjhawks said:
    The Fixer said:
    here are my random draft thoughts...

I love when 'experts' refer to certain college player stats.  The sixers pick at 3.  Most of the guys they are considering are one and done guys, so they are 19 years old.  Referring to their three point percentage after 40 games really means nothing.  College basketball statistics are more worthless than Ryan Howard's RBI totals (hahahaha).  
    Trading down from 3 makes zero sense.  Sixers already have too many prospects at the NBA level and not enough roster spots. They also have a surplus of future picks (namely the lakers first in 18 and the kings first in 19, both unprotected -- the sixers future is stacked)

Normally I would like to see the trade down, but this year I'd like to see them trade up for Fultz.  Being that boston has the 1 pick this year, it's not normal.  In my perfect world, the celtics take ball/jackson first, the sixers trade the lakers first back to them (with okafors fat ass), and they get fultz at one.  if not just take jackson or dennis smith at 3.  I could live with tatum but I think that pick is conservative.  You can't teach athleticism, you can teach a guy to shoot.  kawaii leonard couldn't shoot out of college.  westbrook couldn't shoot out of college.  

guards are the easiest position to find.  the sixers have tons of assets.  draft the guy with the largest upside (jackson, smith).  hope they work out.  if they bust like okafat, then dump them. 

come on colonjello - do the right thing.  ugh

any other unrealistic ideas you got? the Celtics aren't taking Ball or Jackson and they aren't trading #1 to the Sixers.  just stop.

So.  About that #1 pick...
    Now that's funny right there.
    Sixers being linked to Kevin love now...

I might take a shot at signing Redick at this point if they can get him for no more than 3 years. So you'd have a starting 5 of:
    Fultz
    Redick
    Simmons
    Saric
    Embiid

Then have Covington, Bayless, Holmes, TLC, and McConnell off the bench (and I guess Okafor).

That's a pretty solid squad right there. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Thank you, yet again, Sam Hinkie. You glorious bastard. 
    Boy how things have changed since I last logged in. Glorious indeed but I don't think he would've been able to make this move.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Everyone was thanking MCW on twitter the other day and he had no idea what was going on.  It was pretty funny.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

I might take a shot at signing Redick at this point if they can get him for no more than 3 years. So you'd have a starting 5 of:
    Fultz
    Redick
    Simmons
    Saric
    Embiid

Then have Covington, Bayless, Holmes, TLC, and McConnell off the bench (and I guess Okafor).

You don't see Saric off the bench?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited June 2017
    JK_Livin said:

Fultz
    Redick
    Simmons
    Saric
    Embiid

You don't see Saric off the bench?

I mean, yeah you can have him come off the bench... or he could be a stretch 4 and play with Ben. Brown's going to have a bunch of different options to choose from.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

no.....even with all their "assets" their average record over the last four years is 19-63

they'll be back in the lottery next year. if I'm wroung, the juggler will likely remind me.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

no.....even with all their "assets" their average record over the last four years is 19-63

they'll be back in the lottery next year. if I'm wroung, the juggler will likely remind me.
    Yeah, they might be, but who knows, they could weasel into the playoffs in a weak East.  But, everything would have to go ther way: HEALTH being the first one. And then other teams might be weaker(Bulls & Pacers?)
    Love the protections they got in the Fultz trade.  Michael Porter in '18 (6' 10" SF who can shoot and has a good handle). Porter will be playing at Missouri next season. Marvin Bagley III 6' 11" C, who runs the court very well , has a good handle, shoots pretty good. He has a chance to be a generational player if he wants its as all of the tools are ther. Many already considered him the BEST player in the Country even though he's only a JR.

Wobbie said:

Oh Wob...

"Even with all their assets?" What does this even mean? Ben Simmons hasn't played yet. Fultz technically hasn't joined the team and Emiid has played a half a season. The assets haven't played yet, mostly. That starts next year. Odds are they will be in the lottery because it will surely take time for all these new pieces to jell. But I would not be surprised to see them make a playoff push next year in this shitty conference.

Where do you think Hayward will end up? Would suck for the Jazz to lose him.

chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:
    Love the protections they got in the Fultz trade.  Michael Porter in '18 (6' 10" SF who can shoot and has a good handle). Porter will be playing at Missouri next season. Marvin Bagley III 6' 11" C, who runs the court very well , has a good handle, shoots pretty good. He has a chance to be a generational player if he wants its as all of the tools are ther. Many already considered him the BEST player in the Country even though he's only a JR.

This Doncic kid is supposed to be a hell of a prospect next year too.
    chinese-happy.jpg