Poll--The Weakest Link: Best of the Weakest, Round 3

2»

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Big Wave
    CP218430 said:
    How is Glorified G even on this list? Crazy. I love that song. 
    Agreed.  Would be the best song on any album post Yield.
    Let's not get crazy here. 
    Post riot act for sure.
    I might agree with that statement.
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Glorified G
    Glorified G is bad, so almost everything post-Yield is better. I get why some like it, but it's the only one left on this list that I skip consistently. I even let Red Dot ride. And I would sooner listen to the LB version of Sleeping By Myself, or Pry To, or Bugs. Mop? No. Johnny Guitar? Hell no. But GG belongs in that group. Also among the studio catalog bottom-feeders to me are Dirty Frank, Whale Song, Hitchhiker, (yes, Lost Dogs is studio to me), Supersonic and Help Help - can't leave that one out.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Big Wave
    Glorified G is bad, so almost everything post-Yield is better. I get why some like it, but it's the only one left on this list that I skip consistently. I even let Red Dot ride. And I would sooner listen to the LB version of Sleeping By Myself, or Pry To, or Bugs. Mop? No. Johnny Guitar? Hell no. But GG belongs in that group. Also among the studio catalog bottom-feeders to me are Dirty Frank, Whale Song, Hitchhiker, (yes, Lost Dogs is studio to me), Supersonic and Help Help - can't leave that one out.
    What is it about the song you don't like? The music? The lyrics? Stone's backing vocals? 

Again, I can appreciate that it might not sit well beside all those great songs on Vs. but I think it deserves better than to be placed beside Johnny Guitar and Stupid Mop.

Always keep it loaded!!!!!!
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Arc
    Never could get into Evacuation.
    Really? Damn...I can't get enough of that song.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Big Wave
    There is nothing to dislike with Help Help... 

Its great :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Glorified G
    CP218430 said:
    How is Glorified G even on this list? Crazy. I love that song. 
    Agreed.  Would be the best song on any album post Yield.
    No, just no.
    Alright.  Name a song...maybe Nothing as it Seems but that is about it.
    It would take less time to list the ones not as good as it post yield. Not including songs I feel are on the same level as it,I would say it is better than Sirens, Just Breathe and I will have to think if there is another.

The music is simiplistic, the lyrics are amateur and the whole vibe of the song is just sad and petty. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Evacuation
    rummy said:
    What is it about the song you don't like? The music? The lyrics? Stone's backing vocals? 

Again, I can appreciate that it might not sit well beside all those great songs on Vs. but I think it deserves better than to be placed beside Johnny Guitar and Stupid Mop.

Always keep it loaded!!!!!!
    I really dislike the guitar riffs in glorified g.  Definitely not my cup of tea.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Big Wave
    rummy said:
    I don't have it in me to vote against Arc.

True! I'll try for a third time on Big Wave instead.

I'm with you...my least favorite PJ song!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    I'm Open
    I love glorified g. It's almost got a poppy, light, fun feel to it until you pay attention to the heaviness of the subject matter that is delivered with a healthy dose of sarcasm.  I love that contrast. (Probably the same reason SBM appeals to me. It's light and peppy with a very sad story). Glorified G has the added benefit of some nice Eddie screaming...  always keep it LOADED!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
    Glorified G
    You've all touched on the few things that I do like about GG. And I'm grateful that you've made me think about it a little bit. But I don't like the poppy/lightness of it - was out of place on the album at the time and seems even more out of place now. The rest of Vs had all aged so, SO well. Glorified just doesn't feel like PJ to me. The guitar riff is unique and fun, and Stone's backup line is too. By another band, maybe I'd like it more. I just wouldn't miss it at all. The other songs on the list are like 500% more creative and essentially PJ. 

Or, it is just the staunch anti-gun agenda in me that is too stubborn to even identify with the sarcasm in the song. But, I'll save that for A Moving Train. 
    Glorified G
    Also, happy Father's Day to all the other padres out there!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Big Wave
    rummy said:
    I don't have it in me to vote against Arc.

True! I'll try for a third time on Big Wave instead.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Big Wave
    This round has ended and Evacuation and Arc have been eliminated.
This discussion has been closed.