Options

How to get back to Catania after the Taormina shows

jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
edited June 2017 in Given To Fly (live)
Thinking about how to come back to Catania from Taormina. Will there be buses after each show driving to Catania? The regular buses and trains depart at about 6am the next day. This woud be pretty late... Or can I join somebody driving there and back and share the costs?
Post edited by jaykay20 on

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2017
    Ass, gas or grass, buddy! :lol:

Seriously, though, I've got a room in Taormina for the night, but I still haven't figured out the logistics of getting to Taormina from Catania and then back to Catania the next day.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Seems to be :lol:
    If I have to stay there until 6am after the first show it wouldn't really be worthwile to drive back to Catania when I have to get back to Taormina anyway^^
    You can go by bus. Look here: http://www.interbus.it/Orarietariffe.aspx?locPartenza=[11&locArrivo=0(7155&DataPartenza=26/06/2017

Post edited by jaykay20 on
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    edited June 2017
    I have some inside info from a coworker who was born and raised there. She just said to me to "never trust the public buses", so it seems that the best option is to rent a car in Catania and then park it in one of the two multi-floor parkings in Taormina (one is called Porta Catania and the other Lumbi).
    I don't think there will be anything operating after the show.
    Hope this helps a little :wink:
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Thanks. Maybe I'll just book a transfer.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thanks, Elen. Anybody driving back to Catania after the show? My room is near Catania central station.