I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.
    I never tire of this great classic!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

emjot said:
    Always wanted to get it, never did. I wasn't a vinyl freak at the time when Songbook came out. Then, when I started to collect vinyl Songbook was all sold out and the copies I could find on the internet seemed too expensive to me. So I got one few days ago. Sealed copy. Had to act quick as the prices are going crazy now...

I wish he was still here... :cry:

Same with all the Soundgarden vinyl- way up there right now.  I'm going to sit it out until the few I want and don't have come back down.  At least I hope they do.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.
    Got to agree Brian, its a classic for good reason!
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.

2008 Euro remastered reissue.

Great sound on this one..
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Good mail day with a couple of hard to find albums
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    brianlux said:
    emjot said:
    Always wanted to get it, never did. I wasn't a vinyl freak at the time when Songbook came out. Then, when I started to collect vinyl Songbook was all sold out and the copies I could find on the internet seemed too expensive to me. So I got one few days ago. Sealed copy. Had to act quick as the prices are going crazy now...

Same with all the Soundgarden vinyl- way up there right now.  I'm going to sit it out until the few I want and don't have come back down.  At least I hope they do.
    they re slowly getting them back in stock on Amazon
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Second-hand:

New Order - Technique.

2009 Reissue.
    LukinFan said:
    brianlux said:
    emjot said:

Hopefully the pricing on their stuff won't be too... what's the word? (Scalper like)

Early birthday present from my sweetheart.  Sun Ra, "Space is the place.  2LPs in Isotropic Red-Yellow and Transmolecularized Blue-Green.  Outrageous! 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.
    Most overrated band ever...
    rw160510 said:

Birthday presents from or arranged by my awesome wife!

Those 2 PJ 12" albums are tough!  Nice pick up!
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Oh really?  Bloody hell?

LOL, crackes me up.  People generally either tend to love the Pistols or hate them.  I'm in the "always been crazy about them" camp.  :smile:

brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.
    Oh yeah, how many genres of music have you helped invent?
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.
    Snap
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Oh really?  Bloody hell?

LOL, crackes me up.  People generally either tend to love the Pistols or hate them.  I'm in the "always been crazy about them" camp.  :smile:
    Me too, Brian! The record came out when I was in high school, and it immediately became one of my most played albums. Still love it today. I understand the hate, and understand people disliking how the band was formed, but the music certainly had an impact on my impressionable teenage mind.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.
    Same as you I'd imagine?  You get to an Oh Sees show yet?

Only 1 album, 1...

Give me Crass over these guys any day.
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Oh really?  Bloody hell?

Me too, Brian! The record came out when I was in high school, and it immediately became one of my most played albums. Still love it today. I understand the hate, and understand people disliking how the band was formed, but the music certainly had an impact on my impressionable teenage mind.
    I was listening to a lot of Dischord music and Dead Kennedys at the time I listened to Bollocks and I wasn't blown away.  I have this discussion with people all the time.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I like The Clash better.   
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Only 1 album, 1...

jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Oh really?  Bloody hell?

I was listening to a lot of Dischord music and Dead Kennedys at the time I listened to Bollocks and I wasn't blown away.  I have this discussion with people all the time.
    I get it. I listened to Dead Kennedys all the time as well, and Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables was one of my most played records back then, but something about the Sex Pistols just grabbed me at the time, and it just stuck. I've had the same "overrated" discussion with lots of people in the past, and understand the viewpoint. I can see where that viewpoint comes from, especially in light of how the band was formed. But again, for me it was more about the way it hit me when the record was released. I bought the record shortly after the release day, and for a few days it was all I listened to, so I guess that impression just stayed with me.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Meeting of the Waters EP
    Animal Collective

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    edited June 2017
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Only 1 album, 1...

i think you're missing the point, you may not like their music and the fact they had one album, that's fine. But, overrated they can't be, do you know how many bands they influenced? Thousands I'd say, including Thee Oh Sees.
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Oh really?  Bloody hell?

reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Only 1 album, 1...

jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Oh really?  Bloody hell?

I can see that.  I like them both.  Maybe I'm just too easy to please, haha!

You must have come across Bollocks a bit later as it came out in '77.  

I was visiting a friend in Sacramento today and we were checking out his outrageous record collection and he starts pulling out all the early Dischord and Sub Pop LP's and 7" singles clear back to the first Dischord releases in 1980 and Sub Pop stuff from the mid 80's (I guess '86 since that's when they started).  It was amazing seeing this stuff I've never seen/have  other than reissues.  Very cool!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:
    LukinFan said:
    brianlux said:
    emjot said:

Hopefully the pricing on their stuff won't be too... what's the word? (Scalper like)
    Well I just saw Telephantasm posted on discogs for $100. It was more like $30 before CC died.  Really pisses me off.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Only 1 album, 1...

jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Oh really?  Bloody hell?

I was visiting a friend in Sacramento today and we were checking out his outrageous record collection and he starts pulling out all the early Dischord and Sub Pop LP's and 7" singles clear back to the first Dischord releases in 1980 and Sub Pop stuff from the mid 80's (I guess '86 since that's when they started).  It was amazing seeing this stuff I've never seen/have  other than reissues.  Very cool!

Nice. if he has any early Shudder to Think stuff that he wants to get rid of..... let me know!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Only 1 album, 1...

jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    New:

2014 Euro reissue.

Oh really?  Bloody hell?

If your friend wants to let any go I'd be interested.  Especially the Flex Your Head compilation!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Well I received Full Moon Fever, for anyone wondering if that Tom Petty reissue is legit and available.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well I received Full Moon Fever, for anyone wondering if that Tom Petty reissue is legit and available.

Nice! Mine is on it's way as well.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Laura Nyro - Christmas and the Beads of Sweat

lolobug, tempo, that friend I mentioned is pretty serious about his record collection.  I think even asking him would be like asking a parent if they might consider selling off a kid or two, lol.  Not likely! And he's like me in that it's not about collecting them as much as about hearing them and being into analog. 

We were talking about back in the day when every neighborhood had a record store.  When I was in my teens there were two within short walking distance of my house and maybe 6 or 8 within a 20 minute bike ride.  I miss that!

PJ_Soul said:
    Did they do a good job on the repressing?  Great album!

brianlux said:
    lolobug, tempo, that friend I mentioned is pretty serious about his record collection.  I think even asking him would be like asking a parent if they might consider selling off a kid or two, lol.  Not likely! And he's like me in that it's not about collecting them as much as about hearing them and being into analog. 

We were talking about back in the day when every neighborhood had a record store.  When I was in my teens there were two within short walking distance of my house and maybe 6 or 8 within a 20 minute bike ride.  I miss that!
    Brian those early DC records are some of my favorites!  I have some Rites of Spring records still.  I wish I had bought more back then!