The Concept of God

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    jeffbr said:
    rgambs said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:
    Very interesting read, different points of view.  Thank you all, for your contribution.

Its a fact that some countries and their populations are never exposed to the idea of God as in Christianity, they have no idea.  Are they just out of luck being born in the "wrong" country, what does the Bible say about them and not believing in God.

amy

You ask a great question Amy.  If you come from a place where Christianity is not taught, no you are not out of luck.
    Many nasty self-proclaimed Christian preachers teach that if you don't believe in Jesus at the time of your death you go straight to hell. That my friends just is not biblical.  Hell has been mistaught and misrepresented as long as there have been twisted preachers.  Hell won't even exist until after the millennium.  And even then, it's not frying like a piece of bacon for all eternity.  That's wrong to.  
     Also there are many Christian churches that don't actually teach the truth.  In any  case if you have not had a fair opportunity to learn the truth or if you've been brought up in a way that bashes christians left and right to the point that you don't know what to believe.   There will be an opportunity.
    There is a 1000 year period called The Lord's Day, or Millennium.  During that time all who never got to hear the truth about our Father, or have been mislead will have a chance.  1000 years to make up their mind.  So to say that they don't get a fair chance would be an understatement.  If after that 1000 year period, if you still reject the Lord, you are done it's not going down the escalator to hell as you may have seen on some cartoons.  Blotted out is the correct term.  A state of nonexistence.  At the end of the millennium is when judgement day occurs.  It is Payday for those who choose to follow our Father.  It is bye bye for those who don't.
    The millennium starts the day Jesus Christ returns.  He is coming back but not as a baby and not to be crucified again. He is coming back as king of kings and Lord of lords.
     The great thing about this time
    (the millennium) period is that satin will be locked in an abiss where by his evil spirit won't even be able to roam around and interfere like he does now.  You know all the confusion, deseption pain and suffering is due to none other than satin.  (his day is coming you can be sure of. )
    Remember Jesus comes back at the 7th Trump not the 6th.
    Don't be deceved by satin.
    666 means sixth trump sixth seal and sixth vile hence satin's number.  Satin comes defacto at the 6th trump.
    Christ returns at the 7th trump.
    Trump (trumpet)-call to action.
    Seal- knowledge or lack thereof depending on what you know or don't know.
    Vile-where the rubber meets the road, (action)
    777 is Jesus number.
    This is when Christ returns.  It's gonna be an awesome day.  And it's not that far off.
    Seventh trump seventh seal and seventh vile. Chronologically a few things have to happen yet but things are moving right along.  I'd like to share with you a lot more but this forum might not be the place to do it.  My info comes from the Bible.
    Primarily for what I've mentioned above,
    Mark, Luke, Peter 1&2, (Ezekiel chapter 40 to the end of that book describes the Millennium age. There is more prophecy about the Millennium age in the Book of Ezekiel than even the Book of Revelation. Revelations where you get your chronological events pertaining to the trumpets Satan's return and Jesus return I know this was long but I was trying to answer your question as best I could.
    I am pretty sure that you have some Milton and Dante mixed in there.
    I also wonder if Satan is as lustrous and shiny as Satin.
    or polyester
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Knights of White Satan or KOWS.. And now I'm being obnoxious.... =) I was brought up to be a believer and even married into a Methodist Minister's family. Seeing what I have through churches and some life experiences, zapped that right out of me. A lot of the time, the "charitable works" people were doing were for their own vanity and not really about helping others.

On the other hand, I've known some people, like my in laws, who are the real deal. They help others because they want to and ask for no attention. It really depends on the individual. Neil Peart from Rush had this to say:

In the incredible scope of impossibilities embraced by human faith (by definition, whichever one is correct, the others are thus “impossible”), it seems that the more outlandish those beliefs become, the greater are the cries of “intolerance” and pleas for “respect.” …

Those who attribute spiritual power to geological formations, a humorless deity, or articles of clothing (think Catholic, Hasidic, Mormon or Buddhist) are difficult to respect — not so much for their “magic” as for their vanity.

Fundamentalists of every stripe, and likewise conspiracy theorists, are pretty much impossible to respect, especially if they preach violence — pain to others, the real first deadly sin…

Non-believers are always admonished to “respect” the beliefs of others, but are not respected in turn. Likewise, I don’t believe for a second that Mormons “respect” the beliefs of Scientologists, say, or that Jehovah’s Witnesses give equal weight to the teachings of the prophet Muhammad. Put ten believers in a circle, and their “thought balloons” are going to read the same as mine: “You believe that?”

I’m afraid tolerance is the best we can be expected to offer. People like that will just have to respect themselves…

"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    "I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
     ...Stephen F Roberts

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:
    Very interesting read, different points of view.  Thank you all, for your contribution.

Its a fact that some countries and their populations are never exposed to the idea of God as in Christianity, they have no idea.  Are they just out of luck being born in the "wrong" country, what does the Bible say about them and not believing in God.

amy

You ask a great question Amy.  If you come from a place where Christianity is not taught, no you are not out of luck.
    Many nasty self-proclaimed Christian preachers teach that if you don't believe in Jesus at the time of your death you go straight to hell. That my friends just is not biblical.  Hell has been mistaught and misrepresented as long as there have been twisted preachers.  Hell won't even exist until after the millennium.  And even then, it's not frying like a piece of bacon for all eternity.  That's wrong to.  
     Also there are many Christian churches that don't actually teach the truth.  In any  case if you have not had a fair opportunity to learn the truth or if you've been brought up in a way that bashes christians left and right to the point that you don't know what to believe.   There will be an opportunity.
    There is a 1000 year period called The Lord's Day, or Millennium.  During that time all who never got to hear the truth about our Father, or have been mislead will have a chance.  1000 years to make up their mind.  So to say that they don't get a fair chance would be an understatement.  If after that 1000 year period, if you still reject the Lord, you are done it's not going down the escalator to hell as you may have seen on some cartoons.  Blotted out is the correct term.  A state of nonexistence.  At the end of the millennium is when judgement day occurs.  It is Payday for those who choose to follow our Father.  It is bye bye for those who don't.
    The millennium starts the day Jesus Christ returns.  He is coming back but not as a baby and not to be crucified again. He is coming back as king of kings and Lord of lords.
    (the millennium) period is that satin will be locked in an abiss where by his evil spirit won't even be able to roam around and interfere like he does now.  You know all the confusion, deseption pain and suffering is due to none other than satin.  (his day is coming you can be sure of. )
    666 means sixth trump sixth seal and sixth vile hence satin's number.  Satin comes defacto at the 6th trump.
    777 is Jesus number.
    This is when Christ returns.  It's gonna be an awesome day.  And it's not that far off.
    Seventh trump seventh seal and seventh vile. Chronologically a few things have to happen yet but things are moving right along.  I'd like to share with you a lot more but this forum might not be the place to do it.  My info comes from the Bible.
    Mark, Luke, Peter 1&2, (Ezekiel chapter 40 to the end of that book describes the Millennium age. There is more prophecy about the Millennium age in the Book of Ezekiel than even the Book of Revelation. Revelations where you get your chronological events pertaining to the trumpets Satan's return and Jesus return I know this was long but I was trying to answer your question as best I could.
    What evidence do you have that "it's not that far off"?
    The final generation began in the year 1948 when Israel became a nation again.  So we are in the final generation. 
    Signs of Christ's return are well documented in 
    Matthew 24
    Mark 13 
    & Luke 21.
    Read it for yourself you might enjoy.
    I love it when people catch my spelling errors.  Somewhere I said Satan lol.

RYME said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.
    The final generation began in the year 1948 when Israel became a nation again.  So we are in the final generation. 
    Matthew 24
    Mark 13 
    & Luke 21.

I've read it before.  I used to believe it but further scrutiny didn't allow me to put my faith in that book anymore.  Too many contradictions and outright cruelty.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    well if he comes back, the Duff is on me. 

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.
    Matthew 24
    Mark 13 
    & Luke 21.

I've read it before.  I used to believe it but further scrutiny didn't allow me to put my faith in that book anymore.  Too many contradictions and outright cruelty.
    That's ok.
    If some of what I've written has helped anyone that's great, if not that's okay too put it on the shelf.
    And HughfreakingDillon, I'll take one.
    I love drinking beer, listening to music, & chatting with you all, while I'm waiting for these prophecies to occur. ;)
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.
    Matthew 24
    Mark 13 
    & Luke 21.

That's ok.
    If some of what I've written has helped anyone that's great, if not that's okay too put it on the shelf.
    And HughfreakingDillon, I'll take one.
    I love drinking beer, listening to music, & chatting with you all, while I'm waiting for these prophecies to occur. ;)
    You are helping, just not the way you probably wish.  I am appreciative.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.
    Everyone will have the opportunity to come to God, but only believers will enter the millenial kingdom. This is the only chance for those not saved. 1000 years to make up your mind?  I'll think/read on this.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I'm going to Valhalla. That place sounds rad.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    dignin said:
    I'm going to Valhalla. That place sounds rad.
    Fuckin' A! We can drink in the Great Hall with all of our friends and boast of our many conquests! I love the show Vikings. It's done a great job capturing the struggles with faith and the differences between Paganism and Christianity during that era. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.
    Everyone will have the opportunity to come to God, but only believers will enter the millenial kingdom. This is the only chance for those not saved. 1000 years to make up your mind?  I'll think/read on this.
    It's been a while, I had to look that one up:
    "The millennial kingdom is the title given to the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ on the earth."  https://www.gotquestions.org/millennium.html

Now if I recall correctly, this 1000 years will start right after all the believers a whisked up in the rapture.  Well, I'm not trying to say who is on what side of the fence here, but my guess is that most of the people I care most about and definitely most of the people in the bands I like will still be here.  I'm fine staying right here for now and leaving my body to recycle that way it should after I'm gone (but again, I won't be gone, my thought energy will be flying high into the cosmos.  

But really, isn't all this, like so many other tales in the Bible, purely allegory? I've been hearing preacher say "The end is near!" for decades.  And the same was true in past generations.  Isn't this really just a way to keep people locked in to that fear thing again? 

My suggestion is to consider liberating yourself from this coercion and instilling of fear.  It's a rather insidious form of control and I don't see it as being all that far from being cult-status.  Free yourself!   If there is a God, it will love you just as much and maybe more. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.
    "The millennial kingdom is the title given to the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ on the earth."  https://www.gotquestions.org/millennium.html

Now if I recall correctly, this 1000 years will start right after all the believers a whisked up in the rapture.  Well, I'm not trying to say who is on what side of the fence here, but my guess is that most of the people I care most about and definitely most of the people in the bands I like will still be here.  I'm fine staying right here for now and leaving my body to recycle that way it should after I'm gone (but again, I won't be gone, my thought energy will be flying high into the cosmos.  

But really, isn't all this, like so many other tales in the Bible, purely allegory? I've been hearing preacher say "The end is near!" for decades.  And the same was true in past generations.  Isn't this really just a way to keep people locked in to that fear thing again? 

My suggestion is to consider liberating yourself from this coercion and instilling of fear.  It's a rather insidious form of control and I don't see it as being all that far from being cult-status.  Free yourself!   If there is a God, it will love you just as much and maybe more. 

well said

edited June 2017
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

I gather from what I've read here is that many don't even recognize it as control through fear. they see it as liberation through belief. they don't fear being left behind, because they won't be. they only fear for those souls they care for they won't see in this kingdom. 

the thing is, in my estimation, it is quite rare for someone to come to the realization that they have faith in their adulthood. most people learn this as a child, from further back than they can recall, and it just becomes fact to them in their memory bank. 

imagine if you had heard nothing about god or christ or anything about an afterlife until college. I guarantee you that 99% of the class would laugh and walk out. there is a reason religion is taught from a young age. it's a concept you can't understand, so you trust the adult teaching you is telling you the truth. a child can't reason between truth and belief. everything is truth to them. 

the whole time I'm sitting in the pew, watching my daughters get their sacraments, I am stewing inside with rage about how stupid and manipulative it all seems to me. I agreed to it when my wife and I got married and decided to have kids, and I have kept my word. I just keep telling myself "they will make up their own minds one day, and I will support whatever choice they make". I keep telling myself "ok, this is harmless, they will be fine, it's good to expose them to different things as children, I came out ok after 12 years of forced weekly worship". The priest is a good man, I actually enjoy listening to him. He's funny and seems progressive. But when the Bishop spoke......... :angry:

but my daughters, especially my youngest, ask me questions about my "non-faith" all the time, and I welcome it. I never bring it up on my own. But if asked, i will answer truthfully. Sometimes my wife doesn't like my answer, but I try to be respectful but truthful at the same time. I think it's good to expose them to both sides of it. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

I gather from what I've read here is that many don't even recognize it as control through fear. they see it as liberation through belief. they don't fear being left behind, because they won't be. they only fear for those souls they care for they won't see in this kingdom. 

the thing is, in my estimation, it is quite rare for someone to come to the realization that they have faith in their adulthood. most people learn this as a child, from further back than they can recall, and it just becomes fact to them in their memory bank. 

imagine if you had heard nothing about god or christ or anything about an afterlife until college. I guarantee you that 99% of the class would laugh and walk out. there is a reason religion is taught from a young age. it's a concept you can't understand, so you trust the adult teaching you is telling you the truth. a child can't reason between truth and belief. everything is truth to them. 

the whole time I'm sitting in the pew, watching my daughters get their sacraments, I am stewing inside with rage about how stupid and manipulative it all seems to me. I agreed to it when my wife and I got married and decided to have kids, and I have kept my word. I just keep telling myself "they will make up their own minds one day, and I will support whatever choice they make". I keep telling myself "ok, this is harmless, they will be fine, it's good to expose them to different things as children, I came out ok after 12 years of forced weekly worship". The priest is a good man, I actually enjoy listening to him. He's funny and seems progressive. But when the Bishop spoke......... :angry:

but my daughters, especially my youngest, ask me questions about my "non-faith" all the time, and I welcome it. I never bring it up on my own. But if asked, i will answer truthfully. Sometimes my wife doesn't like my answer, but I try to be respectful but truthful at the same time. I think it's good to expose them to both sides of it. 
    Maybe in a way it's good that your kids have parents who see it from different angles.  Your teaching them critical thinking will hopefully lead them to making the decision on their own.  Only problem is will one of you parents be disappointed or accept that decision?  Also, it sounds like a testament to you relationship with your wife to have differing views on faith and still hang together.  That's cool.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

We have never taken our kids to church.  My parents pushed us to have my first child (my son, now 23) baptized when he was a baby.  I don't really recall how all that went down but it was important to my Dad so I didn't complain.

My daughter was born two years later and wasn't baptized.

I have always told my kids (aged 23, 21, 17, 15) about my lack of belief when they ask.  I have also told them to look into it themselves to see if they come to the same conclusion.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited June 2017
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

Bravo. This whole end of times / rapture malarkey has been going on for centuries. You'd think people in this day and age would use the benefit of historical perspective and understand that these same tall tales have been told forever. According to Christian cultists of every era, the end is nigh and we must repent or be burned in hell. Somehow it keeps working, though. Fear, uncertainty and doubt seem to be powerful motivators for abandoning logic and reason. 
    Post edited by jeffbr on
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

Bravo. This whole end of times / rapture malarkey has been going on for centuries. You'd think people in this day and age would use the benefit of historical perspective and understand that these same tall tales have been told forever. According to Christian cultists of every era, the end is nigh and we must repent or be burned in hell. Somehow it keeps working, though. Fear, uncertainty and doubt seem to be powerful motivators for abandoning logic and reason. 
    While I'll concede the nutjob "evangelists" that preach "you must repent or you're gonna die", are trying to convert people out of fear, the majority of Christians are not believers out of fear. They are believers because they want to believe in God. If you choose to not believe in God, that's fine. As I've said before, I can see why many have abandoned their beliefs.But saying that people who believe in God have abandoned logic and reason is kind of a slap in the face. Some of the greatest minds in our history believed in God.
    edited June 2017
    ponytd said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

While I'll concede the nutjob "evangelists" that preach "you must repent or you're gonna die", are trying to convert people out of fear, the majority of Christians are not believers out of fear. They are believers because they want to believe in God. If you choose to not believe in God, that's fine. As I've said before, I can see why many have abandoned their beliefs.But saying that people who believe in God have abandoned logic and reason is kind of a slap in the face. Some of the greatest minds in our history believed in God.
    Belief in the supernatural is definitely abandoning logic and reason.  That being said...maybe the agnostics/atheists are wrong....but you can't argue that belief isn't a stretch.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Maybe in a way it's good that your kids have parents who see it from different angles.  Your teaching them critical thinking will hopefully lead them to making the decision on their own.  Only problem is will one of you parents be disappointed or accept that decision?  Also, it sounds like a testament to you relationship with your wife to have differing views on faith and still hang together.  That's cool.
    yes, absolutely. I haven't asked my wife what she will think, but I honestly believe she won't be upset, since she's not that devout herself. I think she does this more out of tradition and parental expectation (her parents) than anything else. She only goes to church when there's a special occasion, but she tells me she prays regularly. Which I get. I don't begrudge anyone going to church if they need/want that, but my wife simply seems to think her relationship with god doesn't need a building and someone regaling the same tales/lessons over and over again. And I've said this before, when I look around at church the few times I'm there, about 99% look like they are there out of obligation, and not out of wanting to be there. 

I will support my daughters no matter what they choose to believe, so long as they aren't harming others. But I think they are growing up in an age where they learn acceptance of all races, creeds, orientations, not just from us, but at the school level as well, and both of them seem very empathetic to those differences (they both often say how awful a person Donald Trump is, for example, for how he treats immigrants and LGBT). When my daughter was 5 she proclaimed that she might marry a woman, because, "why not?". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    ponytd said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

Belief in the supernatural is definitely abandoning logic and reason.  That being said...maybe the agnostics/atheists are wrong....but you can't argue that belief isn't a stretch.
    And? Everyone must be free to believe in what they want. Why the need to put people down? 
    Annafalk said:
    ponytd said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

And? Everyone must be free to believe in what they want. Why the need to put people down? 
    I'm not....I said "maybe the agnostics/atheists are wrong"

Annafalk said:
    ponytd said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

I'm not....I said "maybe the agnostics/atheists are wrong"
    Ok, I'm sorry
    Annafalk said:
    ponytd said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

I don't think that was a put down. Just a statement of fact. For centuries clerics have talked about living in end times, and yet here we are! Again we're here reading about end times. Why would this current proclamation be any different than myriad proclamations that proceeded it? Why, after so many incorrect prognostications would anyone fall for it again? The answer is that they believe. That's it. There can be no amount of reason nor any logic to this belief. It is simply a belief. Saying that those who currently believe we're living in the last days before the second coming of the lord have abandoned logic and reason isn't a put down. No part of logic or reason would lead one to accept such a thing.  Feelings, emotions, hopes, fears, dreams, or beliefs would account for that.
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    ponytd said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

I can understand that.
    jeffbr said:
    Annafalk said:
    ponytd said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

I don't think that was a put down. Just a statement of fact. For centuries clerics have talked about living in end times, and yet here we are! Again we're here reading about end times. Why would this current proclamation be any different than myriad proclamations that proceeded it? Why, after so many incorrect prognostications would anyone fall for it again? The answer is that they believe. That's it. There can be no amount of reason nor any logic to this belief. It is simply a belief. Saying that those who currently believe we're living in the last days before the second coming of the lord have abandoned logic and reason isn't a put down. No part of logic or reason would lead one to accept such a thing.  Feelings, emotions, hopes, fears, dreams, or beliefs would account for that.
    So you feel bad for the people believing ?
    Annafalk said:
    jeffbr said:
    Annafalk said:
    ponytd said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    RYME said:
    amethgr8 said:

amy

777 is Jesus number.

So you feel bad for the people believing ?
    If it brings them peace, then go for it. If they use it as a tool to instill fear and control, then I do feel badly for them. If they kill themselves because of their superstitions, then I feel sad. The Heaven's Gate people, Jonestown people, David Koresh followers, etc... believed with all of their hearts in these end times superstitions, and didn't fair well. Their faith was certainly greater than most. 
    do all christians believe in the second coming/rapture/end times? just out of curiosity. even when I was christian, I didn't think that was going to happen. and I don't recall it being taught in church/sunday school. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

do all christians believe in the second coming/rapture/end times? just out of curiosity. even when I was christian, I didn't think that was going to happen. and I don't recall it being taught in church/sunday school. 
    Great question. i know I did when I was a believer. At least the 2nd coming and end of times. Christ's return is all over the New Testament, and Revelations has all sorts of cool sci-fi end of times/rapture stuff.
    jeffbr said:
    Great question. i know I did when I was a believer. At least the 2nd coming and end of times. Christ's return is all over the New Testament, and Revelations has all sorts of cool sci-fi end of times/rapture stuff.
    I seem to recall, unless I'm making this up, that some christian denominations do not recognize the new testament. is that correct?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD