Roger Waters Us & Them Tour

2»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2016
    I would love to see this, but it is too expensive. I hate these shows where plaza level tickets are still $200+. McCartney did it too. The best tickets I landed for Roger Waters were 1) floor row 26 for $275, and 2) way up in the rafters with a side view of the stage (almost behind it - it's basically an obstructed view), which would just completely suck for his kind of show, since there are so many visuals that you're not going to see properly. That is $100. Broooootal. I would probably pay that if I could get a seat in the rafters but with a better view of the stage, but of course those are all sold out. Sigh. When I saw Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour in '94 a good ticket cost me $30. Man I miss the 90s, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • wait for stubhub prices to come down, as they always do,
    roger is 73 years old. not sure how many more years you will have the opportunity to see him and it's ALWAYS an amazing show+
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    FUCK MOTHERFUCKING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • a new roger upload. ha ha charade you are
    Roger Waters - "Pigs (Three Different Ones)"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLBtMz5OuY
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204

a new roger upload. ha ha charade you are
    Roger Waters - "Pigs (Three Different Ones)"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLBtMz5OuY

i'm really hoping this sticks around for the tour. i'm guessing it will, but we won't know until we know, you know?
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    any thoughts on the new album yet?
    it's bought and on my shelf to listen to but not at the top of the pile as the show is still many months away
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    any thoughts on the new album yet?
    it's bought and on my shelf to listen to but not at the top of the pile as the show is still many months away
    I think the album is brilliant. Extremely pessimistic and depressing (in other words, honest), with some fantastic music, great musicians, strong lyrics and messages. This is Roger Waters at his angriest, and I think I like it. I do miss the (slight) subtlety that albums like Animals had, when compared to lines on this album like "Imagine a leader with no fucking brains", but that's my biggest complaint and it's a minor one.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i'm DEF A OK with an angry waters. thanks for the HYPE benjs. love it !
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Got my record and signed poster today!
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275

I haven't listened to the album but the new songs he played at the show were fantastic.  I think he did like four new ones right in the middle of the first set and then one during the encore.  I thought they flowed with the show great.  It made me want to get it.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Witnessed the genius of Roger Waters last night.

Mind blown.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jesus those tickets are pricey. $225 is all that's left in Winnipeg. Don't think I can justify it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jesus those tickets are pricey. $225 is all that's left in Winnipeg. Don't think I can justify it. 
    Have you seen him before?

His shows are pretty awesome.

I'm not saying go spend 225, but I am saying if the opportunity presents itself don't sleep on it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jesus those tickets are pricey. $225 is all that's left in Winnipeg. Don't think I can justify it. 

I'm not saying go spend 225, but I am saying if the opportunity presents itself don't sleep on it.
    I saw him when he did Dark Side of the Moon. Skipped The Wall tour (again, too expensive), and sort of regretted it. 

I am going to wait until closer to show date and see what comes up. not till after thanksgiving! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jesus those tickets are pricey. $225 is all that's left in Winnipeg. Don't think I can justify it. 

I saw him when he did Dark Side of the Moon. Skipped The Wall tour (again, too expensive), and sort of regretted it. 

I am going to wait until closer to show date and see what comes up. not till after thanksgiving! 
    The DSOTM tour was awesome!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    The Wall tour was killer. Looks like I'm going to miss Roger on this tour. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,442
    Fantastic production for sure, but $200 for a light show?  No thanks.  I dont think his mike or bass is even plugged in!
    At least McCartney still sings and plays instruments for his $200.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Get_Right said:
    Fantastic production for sure, but $200 for a light show?  No thanks.  I dont think his mike or bass is even plugged in!
    At least McCartney still sings and plays instruments for his $200.
    Man, i hate to say it, but i agree with you ($200). I saw a video from his rehearsal and you could hear him singing but his lips weren't moving, and when he did appear to be singing he wasn't in sync with the audio. Heard he also did this during The Wall Tour. Sad.
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I saw him in Columbus and the show was amazing.  He definitely sang.  Guitar playing was light but damn the production was amazing.  Also met him before the show and got a copy of dark side autographed.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I saw him in Columbus and the show was amazing.  He definitely sang.  Guitar playing was light but damn the production was amazing.  Also met him before the show and got a copy of dark side autographed.
    GREAT show and it was fun hanging out with you guys!!
    He was definitely singing quite a bit...agree about the guitar playing & the production!!
    Was an INCREDIBLE night and the imagery was probably the BEST I've ever seen...
    I mean who else would turn the arena into a giant version of the factory with the flying pig from the Animals album cover??

His salute to the Trump dumpster fire was excellent as well!!!

Tickets were a bit pricy...but totally worth it to see this show!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Great pics, Dave. Yeah, the start of the second set blew my mind. Incredible!
  • I was at the St. Paul, MN show. Cool show. I've been a longtime Pink Floyd fan. I also love Social Distortion and they were playing the same night. I was a bit torn. Social D. at a smaller venue = Awesome. However, I could not pass up seeing this show. I wasn't let down.
    1991-11-30 St. Paul, MN 1992-08-28 St. Paul, MN 1998-06-30 Minneapolis, MN 2000-10-08 East Troy, WI 2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN 2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN 2006-06-27 St. Paul, MN 2006-07-07 San Diego, CA 2007-08-05 Chicago, IL 2008-06-24 New York, NY 2009-08-23 Chicago, IL 2009-08-24 Chicago, IL 2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis, MN 2011-09-03 PJ20 East Troy, WI 2011-09-04 PJ20 East Troy, WI 2013-07-19 Wrigley Chicago, IL 2014-10-19 St. Paul, MN
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    going to the show tonight.  Wasn't planning on it, but my friend can't make it and offered me her ticket.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited August 2017
    going to the show tonight.  Wasn't planning on it, but my friend can't make it and offered me her ticket.
    Look for @F Me In The Brain in the fancyboy seats!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    dankind said:
    Or outside by the @Wobbie piss tree. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    dankind said:
    Didn't know he was there until later. But that was on e hell of a show! I thought it was awesome!    When the 2nd set came on and that big ass structure came down i was blown away.  Highlights were:

-Another brick in the wall (with the philly school of rock kids)
    -Pigs
    -Picture That (probably my favorite solo song that he did and the visuals were cool)
    -Brain Damage/Eclipse was phenomenal

Great pics @derbydave !

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    dankind said:
    Didn't know he was there until later. But that was on e hell of a show! I thought it was awesome!    When the 2nd set came on and that big ass structure came down i was blown away.  Highlights were:

-Another brick in the wall (with the philly school of rock kids)
    -Pigs
    -Picture That (probably my favorite solo song that he did and the visuals were cool)
    -Brain Damage/Eclipse was phenomenal

Great pics @derbydave !

Thanks buddy :plus_one:

Just an INCREDIBLE experience and worth every cent!!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170