The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,406
    Single Cut Softly Spoken Double IPA.  Excellent...drinks like s regular IPA.  Delicious.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    My haul from Ommegang. Barrel aged 3 Phils, Adoration & Gnomegang. A case of Bend The Knee. 2 growlers of Nirvana IPA and Hennepin. All of it is delicious.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Cheers to an absolutely perfect night here in New Jersey. Drinking kona. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Great brewfest yesterday! I go to 3-4 a year and it's usually a chore to find something new. Yesterday a ton of limited releases. Best taplist yet.

#FHP
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Like 80% of the people in this thread aren't around anymore. I'm calling this a ghost ship thread. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I got a fizzics machine today. Holy shit!  Beer never tasted so good!!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'd be afraid of that....beer already tastes good enough! I am gaining the belly to prove it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'd be afraid of that....beer already tastes good enough! I am gaining the belly to prove it.
    Lol. It makes bottled beer taste like it s straight from the tap. We did some blind taste tests and it was confirmed every time.  
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Had some Bissell Bros' Nothing Gold yesterday, it was delicious, and did not drink like an 8+% beer. I highly recommend. 

I came home w/ a case of Lunch from Maine Beer Company. I'll enjoy one or two of those during the hockey game this evening.
    That one had evaded me. I did pick up their new wheat beer engram on Thursday as well as substance. One of these days my work schedule will coincide with a nothing gold release 
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Sierra Nevadas annual Beer Camp is out.  I'm always excited to see the collaborations!!! 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:
    Congrats! I've still never tried one of these things, but everyone I've talked to who has, has nothing but good things to say.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Annual Washington Brewers Festival is this weekend! I look forward to this the way many look forward to Christmas. 130 Washington breweries are sampling more than 500 beers this year. So many beers, so little time!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JK_Livin said:
    My haul from Ommegang. Barrel aged 3 Phils, Adoration & Gnomegang. A case of Bend The Knee. 2 growlers of Nirvana IPA and Hennepin. All of it is delicious.

I love this place.  The property is so beautiful.
    jeffbr said:
    Annual Washington Brewers Festival is this weekend! I look forward to this the way many look forward to Christmas. 130 Washington breweries are sampling more than 500 beers this year. So many beers, so little time!
    You ve been trying some good beers lately!  We should do a west coast east coast swap one day. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    You ve been trying some good beers lately!  We should do a west coast east coast swap one day. 
    I'm up for that! That would be fun!

I m a journeyman! 

jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    Hell yeah!  Any clue how much it cost to send a case? Is it even legal?!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mcgruff10 said:

I m a journeyman! 

I'm about to hit 500 and become 'Legendary'....my wife will be so proud!
    mcgruff10 said:

I m a journeyman! 

Nice!!!!  You have also been drinking some good ass beer lately!
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    Technically not legal. You can cut shipping in half by sending cans instead of bottles.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    Technically not legal. You can cut shipping in half by sending cans instead of bottles.
    Good call!!! Cans taste better anyway. 
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Quite impressed by the brews in Old Stove Brewing Co. in downtown Seattle. The Two Prong Crown is very smooth considering the ABV.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Horos said:
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    Yes they do ( .Y. )
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Horos said:
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    Yes they do ( .Y. )
    Have you tried cape may brewery?
    Think I had something from them but it was a while ago. Troegs Nimble Giant will be available any day now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Last night I picked up a 12 pack of beer camp.

Also tried Enjoy By 7-4-17 Unfiltered IPA and Phaedrus. Themed after my favorite book ever.

#FHP
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I m a journeyman! 

Nice!!!!  You have also been drinking some good ass beer lately!

Yeah the past few weeks have been nice.  Went to a couple of beer fests where I was able to sample a whole bunch of beers.  A new brewery opened up right near my house recently as well so I've become a regular over there.  I had been dying for a brewery near me since I moved out to the suburbs...when we were still in the city, 2 of my favorite breweries were within a couple miles of where we lived.  Those were the days!
    Early Father's Day gift.

#FHP