*** Eddie Vedder Cork, Ireland Fanviews Here 6/11/17 ***

2»

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    You just get to hang with Ed and Gle? Details? 
  • ChristelChristel Posts: 50
    Air23 said:
    PB204344 said:
    emjot said:
    stankratz said:

-Before Ed came out, his lady introduced him onstage...in one of those white coats. She didn't refer to herself as Mrs. Eddie Vedder in any way, so a lot of the crowd mightn't have known exactly who she was, but Jill made a humourous introduction and showed her Irish roots with a strong 'Irish' word and made great use of it.  :o=) 

I'm sorry to ruin it for you but it wasn't Jill.

Who was it?
    I'm pretty sure it was someone from the crew? In Dublin she said to "not use your mobile devices, unlike those C**ts in London". Bit harsh but was mostly observed after that...
    She is the girlfriend of Simon the guitar tech
    Her name is Liz Burns. She is Pearl Jam's production manager. Also she is married to Simon Good, guitar tech to both Glen and Ed.  
  • gazgaz Posts: 233
    Christel said:
    Air23 said:
    PB204344 said:
    emjot said:
    stankratz said:

-Before Ed came out, his lady introduced him onstage...in one of those white coats. She didn't refer to herself as Mrs. Eddie Vedder in any way, so a lot of the crowd mightn't have known exactly who she was, but Jill made a humourous introduction and showed her Irish roots with a strong 'Irish' word and made great use of it.  :o=) 

Who was it?
    I'm pretty sure it was someone from the crew? In Dublin she said to "not use your mobile devices, unlike those C**ts in London". Bit harsh but was mostly observed after that...
    Her name is Liz Burns. She is Pearl Jam's production manager. Also she is married to Simon Good, guitar tech to both Glen and Ed.  
    Christel said:
    Air23 said:
    PB204344 said:
    emjot said:
    stankratz said:

Who was it?
    And she's one funny fucking lady!!!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I dunno if she is. She just called me a cunt yesterday ("those cunts in Dublin") :rofl:
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
    emjot said:
    I dunno if she is. She just called me a cunt yesterday ("those cunts in Dublin") :rofl:
    Now that you mention it, she called me a cunt too!!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • TheGManTheGMan Cork Posts: 11
    gaz said:
    Not in the same league as the Dublin show.... place was full of ignorant fuckers who wouldn't shut the fuck up when Eddie was trying to say something.....and it was pretty badly organised too. Disappointed to say the least.......
    Was slightly off front-left and had a really bad crowd experience. A fight and everything broke out and hostility coming from all sides. The fact that it's been 20 years since PJ last played Cork and the Live at the Marquee shows bring out non-music fans for their "one gig of the year" goes some way to explaining it but was still really surprised. I've lived in Cork a long time and never witnessed such aggression at a concert.

Mentally managed to wrap a bubble around myself and enjoy Ed's set which says so much about the man and the songs but need to head off and see him somewhere else again soon. 
    gaz said:
    Not in the same league as the Dublin show.... place was full of ignorant fuckers who wouldn't shut the fuck up when Eddie was trying to say something.....and it was pretty badly organised too. Disappointed to say the least.......
    Was slightly off front-left and had a really bad crowd experience. A fight and everything broke out and hostility coming from all sides. The fact that it's been 20 years since PJ last played Cork and the Live at the Marquee shows bring out non-music fans for their "one gig of the year" goes some way to explaining it but was still really surprised. I've lived in Cork a long time and never witnessed such aggression at a concert.

Mentally managed to wrap a bubble around myself and enjoy Ed's set which says so much about the man and the songs but need to head off and see him somewhere else again soon. 

Wish I could've done the bubble thing too, but I was so pissed off at times. I still loved a lot of the set. Eddie and Glen have so much talent and integrity and the bond they have between them really comes through, but I was literally surrounded by people who didn't have a clue who was on the stage, let alone any of the songs....apart from Black, which they proceeded to murder btw! I saw The Frames at the Marquee a couple of years ago and there was none of that bullshit at all.......certainly no fighting! 
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
    It always saddens me when other people didn't/couldn't enjoy the show the way I did. I had the most amazing time I could ever imagine... 
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207

That sounds brutal lads. The noise coming from behind us up at the rail was unreal, even during the songs. We were very lucky with the people around us and it helped being beside the stage speakers.  I'm not sure if Ed is best suited to these larger venues. We had a nightmare in Dublin and we had great seats in Block D.  Never seen anything like it, the talking, climbing over seats, people in an out all night from the second song, the amount of very drunk people. The fella beside me fell asleep, practically on top of me. Unfortunately, it definitely took away from it. Luckily for us, Cork more than made up for it and it was truly amazing.

Froggie said:

That sounds brutal lads. The noise coming from behind us up at the rail was unreal, even during the songs. We were very lucky with the people around us and it helped being beside the stage speakers.  I'm not sure if Ed is best suited to these larger venues. We had a nightmare in Dublin and we had great seats in Block D.  Never seen anything like it, the talking, climbing over seats, people in an out all night from the second song, the amount of very drunk people. The fella beside me fell asleep, practically on top of me. Unfortunately, it definitely took away from it. Luckily for us, Cork more than made up for it and it was truly amazing.

It's mad, I feel about the Dublin gig the way you feel about the Cork one. It's amazing the difference the people around you can make to an experience like that. Sorry to hear you had a bad one in Dublin, but glad that Cork made up for it....
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
    emjot said:
    It always saddens me when other people didn't/couldn't enjoy the show the way I did. I had the most amazing time I could ever imagine... 
    I know what you mean....not to worry, these things happen. Really happy for you that you had such a great time. I still loved the set and performance and being in the same place as Eddie and Glen!!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
    You just get to hang with Ed and Gle? Details? 
    If you're willing to wait on him about 2 hours after the show, you can too :) 

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Still buzzing from the show....4 days later.....that's how you know it was good...that's cool @emjot
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Any footage of The Auld Triangle out there?
  • 6jme6jme Posts: 1
    Great show ,but the surface was lethal . potholes all over the place..got showered with birthday cake an it tasted alright :):