Poet: Stephen James Smith

Intro Music: Tuolumne
01. Trouble-(Stevens)
02. Brain Damage-(Waters)
03. Sometimes
04. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
05. Thumbing My Way
06. I Am Mine
(Ed tells the story of playing this song over the phone to his friend and favorite bartender Donnie Kruse while he was on his deathbed.)
07. I’m One-(Townshend)
08. Can’t Keep
09. You’re True (for Jill)
    Quartet enters the stage
10. Sleeping By Myself-with strings
(The next song is an experiment.  It is in honor of all the young people getting out and voting in the election yesterday.)
11. Jeremy-with strings  {Ed sings but doesn’t play anything.  Quartet are the only instruments.  Audience sings along}
    Quartet leaves the stage
12. Far Behind
13. Setting Forth
14. Guaranteed
15. Rise
16. Immortality
17. Masters Of War-(Dylan)
18. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
19. Porch
{Instead of going back stage for the encore break Ed goes into the audience }
20. I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
21. Wishlist
22. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
(an audience member named Andrew Bennett wants to sing with Ed.  They whisper for a bit to find a song they both know and settle on Black)
    Quartet enters the stage
23. Black with audience member Andrew Bennett singing along with Ed and strings.
24. Lukin (fast) with strings
25. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno) with strings {Partial}
26. Just Breathe with strings
27. Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) with Glen Hansard
28. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová) Glen sings main vocal and plays guitar.  Ed sings harmony vocal and lead vocal in the bridge.  With string quartet
    Quartet exits the stage
29.  Society-(Hannan) with Glen Hansard
30. The Auld Triangle-(Dicky Shannon) with Glen Hansard
31. Dublin You Are-(Stephen James Smith) {performed by Stephen James Smith with Glen quietly strumming The Auld Triangle chords}
32. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) with Glen
33. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard, Red Limo Quartet and Stephen James Smith

Glen Hansard Onstage 7:30
Glen Hansard Set List
01. High Hope/Old England- (Old England lyrics by Mike Scott of the Waterboys)
02. Revelate
03. When Your Mind’s Made Up
(Glen says he wants to play this song for his mom.  He jokes that his mom no longer comes to his shows.  She is here tonight to see Eddie Vedder.  Glen is okay with that.)
04. Bird Of Sorrow-(played on piano)
05. McCormack’s Wall-(played on piano)

(Glen explains the next song written by Woody Guthrie who was living in a building owned by Fred Trump.  Donald Trump’s father.  Woody considered Fred a slum lord.  Glen goes on to say that many Irish people are losing their homes.  An audience member yells “Bullshit”.  Glen says “an average of two Irish families a day are evicted and made homeless…You Fucker!”  Glen finishes the story  asking if he could use some of the unused lyrics and add his own.)
06. Vigilante Man-(Guthrie)
07. Way Back/Present Tense-(McCready)—(during the instrumental break Glen plays part of Present Tense)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Another epic set 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    JEREMY FIRST TIME EVER IN EV SOLO SHOW...WOW!!
    THANKS Sea!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Wow! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • (Eds mother wasn't in the audience. He was referring to Glens mom who is like a mother to him)
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    Amazing as usually
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • sebcitysebcity Ireland Posts: 35
    Jeremy was fantastic. One of the best things I've ever witnessed 
    EV Solo - Dublin 2017
    Berlin 2018
    EV Solo - Dublin 2019
    Imola 2020 
    Imola 2022
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Did solo ed sell this place out?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Yep
  • That was easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to. 
  • JacksterJackster Posts: 14
    Oh, my god, what a show. Maybe best Jeremy ever. Playing in Glen's House has been marvelous. 2h45m, emotions, Friends, family, a life celebration (even people could hace behaved a little better, i know this place is not a theater, but con, stop moving....). I'd loved even the guy Who has singed Black (And i usually hate that things...)

I'm in a cloud trying to rest in the airport. Historic.
    2000 Barcelona
    2006 Vitoria, Madrid
    2007 Madrid
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Berlin, Bilbao, Lisbon
    2011 PJ20 1&2
    2012 Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen, EV London 1
    2014 Milano, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm
    2017 EV Dublin
  • AmyMooreAmyMoore Posts: 139
    edited June 2017
    Fucking Jeremy.
    To say that the crowd sang along is the biggest fucking understatement ever. The crowd belted that shit out. 
    Loudest audience sing along ever. 

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    There ladies and gentleman is your official tour DVD right there! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yep
    Awesome! Thank you. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Wow, the setlists are unreal on this tour. Cool new covers, PJ songs we never would've thought would show up at an Ed show... I'm so jealous of the lucky ones that have been to these shows.

Now, what are the odds on a string quartet version of Even Flow (complete with pee break violin solo) before the tour is over?! :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited June 2017
    Jeremy was incredible, and I'm not one who craves "the hits." That song has been hitting me hard since Chris and it was beautifully done. Black was the opposite. 

Also should be noted that Better Man was played the original way (amazing to hear for the first time after many solo shows) and not the "lullaby" version (of which I'm not a fan). 

EV in a great mood except when he started thinking about the orange asshole and then the gun lobby (MoW).

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • gk269gk269 Posts: 6
    Unbelievable concert. Jeremy. String quartet. The ould triangle. Played for nearly 3hrs. For those going to Cork, you're in for a treat 
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Looks like he just gets better each time, need to get me a flight and ticket to one of the remaining shows!
  • gk269 said:
    Unbelievable concert. Jeremy. String quartet. The ould triangle. Played for nearly 3hrs. For those going to Cork, you're in for a treat 
    Can't wait 
  • Clarkie1971Clarkie1971 Belfast Posts: 17
    Got home late last night after the long rainy drive from Dublin to Belfast. What a concert! This was just the best gig ever. Eddie was in great form and Glenn Hansard was superb as well.  Brilliant set list too. That was possibly the longest gig I have ever been to in the 3Arena. Kind of regretting not picking up tickets for Cork now! Hope that is a great show too and look forward to hearing the fan views from that one.
    London 2009
    Belfast 2010
    Manchester 2012
    Amsterdam 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    London 2018
    Madrid 2018
  • Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 723
    Gem after gem after gem. Is there a better artist out there? 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• A lad who works at the 3arena said Eddie walked off stage and signed a cheque for €25,000 so he could keep playing. 

A lad who works at the 3arena said Eddie walked off stage and signed a cheque for €25,000 so he could keep playing. 

Holy shit!!! thats amazing.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    A lad who works at the 3arena said Eddie walked off stage and signed a cheque for €25,000 so he could keep playing. 

they guy is unreal..he is the fuckin best
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488

they guy is unreal..he is the fuckin best
    Amazing. I wish I was at these shows they seem so fun. Especially with Glen. I LOVE when Glen does the Auld Triangle.

We need more shows in the US and boots of this whole tour!!!
  • martamartamartamarta Dublin Posts: 2
    I was there last night and it has been my first time seeing Eddie live after many years of being a fan...when I saw him jumped on the stage I was shocked,speachless,shiver ran through my body...started to cry.It was perfect.A piece my heart and soul will remain there dancing and singing!
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,620
    I've seen 20+ EV solo shows on just about every tour. London 1 was the most emotional this was the most fun. Thank you Dublin.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Edel1Edel1 Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    Fantastic!!! What a memorable night!

Post edited by Edel1 on
  • Was a privalage to be there. Such love between Ed and the crowd so many highlights. Surely Cork cant top that
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

Unbelievable.  The integrity of that guy is why i stick around 
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    And when you get to meet Ed, after a show like that, and when he hugs you and gives you a pick... that's when the whole night gets just simply unreal... 
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *