Trouble on London Bridge

123457»

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    unsung said:
    I wonder if this crap would be less frequent if citizens in Europe could conceal carry.  I bet it would.
    I personally don't think it would. if someone there had a gun, maybe less people would have been killed from the terrorist but maybe more would have died because of bullets flying around while you have many people running away.  I personally believe that if you really want this crap to end than you have to show people that there lives are better than they are now.  Europe has to integrate people better, stop creating ghettos, create jobs.

I live in Toronto Canada and in Toronto, close to 8% of the people are Muslim and yet no major terrorists issue.  we don't have conceal carry here.  why have we not.  I believe that it is because we integrate more and that is the key 
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    London Bridge attack to nuclear war.. Wtf lol 
    None of us want bloody nuclear same as we don't want some nutter running us down and hacking people to death but we have both.... Unfortunately like the ( let's just use the japs or the SS fanatics as examples ) isis are fanatics and want us dead.. Unfortunately in my opinion the only way to do this is to beat them.. I don't have answers but standing there saying hey man let's  just be friends and you do your thing and we'll do ours will not work.......... Not unless your OK with the way they treat women, young girls and people that do not believe in what they believe in.... Which I don't. 
    It's lovely to see 99% of Muslims our against isis just as you would probably find that the same % would now agree that the japs and the SS were completely wrong back then.... 
    I've had a bad day let's just bloody well get on lol
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:
    I wonder if this crap would be less frequent if citizens in Europe could conceal carry.  I bet it would.
    um, isn't it obvious that would have ZERO effect? The guy is blowing himself up in the process anyway. how the hell would shooting a bunch of pieces of corpse make a lick of a difference?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    unsung said:
    um, isn't it obvious that would have ZERO effect? The guy is blowing himself up in the process anyway. how the hell would shooting a bunch of pieces of corpse make a lick of a difference?
    I m thinking when they were in the restaurant stabbing people it would have been helpful. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    I m thinking when they were in the restaurant stabbing people it would have been helpful. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.   
    well in those instances, maybe. but then you'd also have a bunch of paranoid fucks shooting indiscriminately at any "muslim-looking" person with a backpack. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    More guns is never the answer
    my2hands said:
    If the apolycalpse comes I ll have an ar 15 with plenty of ammo with your name on it. No questions asked 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    If the apolycalpse comes I ll have an ar 15 with plenty of ammo with your name on it. No questions asked 
    That reads differently than I think you intended. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Maybe!  Lol good call bud 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    You can't eat bullets!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    You can't eat bullets!
    True. But I can take down a deer 500 yards out so BBQ at my place!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    You can't hug someone with nuclear arms.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Sure you can. They'll just glow in the dark afterwards. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited June 2017
    unsung said:
    If guns were more freely available in the UK then I'm guessing the three terrorists would have turned up armed with more than knifes and the death toll would have been much higher.  The reason they didn't have guns is because they are so hard to obtain here even on the black market.

EDIT:  Edited to say it is not even a question that is asked over here.  There is no political of public pressure to change our gun laws.  It is not something that even gets discussed.  We had one tragedy in 1996 after which our gun laws were tightened and on the whole the nation was perfectly accepting of that.  I know in the US the gun debate is endless but in the UK there is literally no gun debate.
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    You can't hug someone with nuclear arms.
    One of my good friends and presonal heroes always had that sign in his office

mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    My girlfriends stepfather has an arsenal... but I definitely appreciate the offer

But the truth is, if the apocalypse comes in the 21st century, it will be nuclear... so we are all fucked, 2nd amendment or not brother lol

I do like venison though!
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703

If guns where the solution it would be peace already because everybody was shot.

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Trouble all over London.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2017

pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    As bad as the bombs were it saved thousands of American soldiers lives.. Maybe even one of yours or your partner or friends.. 
    Yeah.... and ended hundreds of thousands of other lives and ruined many more..... I don't think the lives of the Japanese civilians are worth less than the lives of American soldiers (or Canadians). I am only interested in which decision would have killed the fewest people or prevented the most suffering. I am not necessarily convinced that the nukes win by that measure. Also, I can't help wondering what the world would be like if the nukes had never been used in the political sense. That bombing changed the course of history in so many ways.... possibly for the better. Possibly not. I do know that Einstein and many scientists who worked on the Manhattan Project 100% regretted their roles in the advent of nuclear weapons, no matter how the war against Japan might have gone without them.
    my dad was in World War II as were some of my Uncles. Yes those lives mean a hell of a lot more to me than Japanese or even Canadians. If nuking them got  my dad home sooner I'm all for it.  and let's also not forget those fuckers attacked us first.
    The Japanese civilians - all those little kids and babies who got vaporized, or whose skin agonizingly fell off in sheets during the fallout - attacked the US first?? I had no idea. Look, my grandpa was in the war too, and my dad was a child in London during the Blitz and their house was bombed, where my grandma was almost killed. And yet, I don't think the innocent children of Germany were worth less than any of them, or worth less than I am. Wars are not waged between innocent civilians, so that makes me second-guess decisions that indiscriminately kill hundreds of thousands of them in one fell swoop without warning.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    i find it disturbing when anyone claims that the lives of one nation's innocents are worth more than that of another nation's. i mean, the people you KNOW mean more to YOU, obviously, but in the grand scheme, everyone's worth is the same. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    i find it disturbing when anyone claims that the lives of one nation's innocents are worth more than that of another nation's. i mean, the people you KNOW mean more to YOU, obviously, but in the grand scheme, everyone's worth is the same. 
    Are they?

If there was going to be an asteroid hitting the US and you could only fit 1000 people into the bunker....do you just randomly pick 1000?  ;)

hippiemom = goodness
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Are they?

If there was going to be an asteroid hitting the US and you could only fit 1000 people into the bunker....do you just randomly pick 1000?  ;)

Sounds like a movie plot...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I think we'd all like to think that we believe everyone's worth is the same, but ultimately it's not. I'm not sure how we begin to classify what qualifies as "innocents", but we probably all know some people who definitely are not valuable contributors to society and who we'd place below ourselves and others. It sure makes for an interesting discussion though.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    I think we'd all like to think that we believe everyone's worth is the same, but ultimately it's not. I'm not sure how we begin to classify what qualifies as "innocents", but we probably all know some people who definitely are not valuable contributors to society and who we'd place below ourselves and others. It sure makes for an interesting discussion though.
    yes, I just mean on paper, as in our value as a human and not our accomplishments/personalities. obviously someone who is an astrophysicist is probably "worth" more than some wife beating loser, but when we're talking about obliterating hundreds of thousands, I'm just looking at lives as lives, not the individuals. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    tbergs said:
    yes, I just mean on paper, as in our value as a human and not our accomplishments/personalities. obviously someone who is an astrophysicist is probably "worth" more than some wife beating loser, but when we're talking about obliterating hundreds of thousands, I'm just looking at lives as lives, not the individuals. 
    Exactly. Context is everything, and in this context, the question is actually "are Japanese lives less important than American lives?" The answer, IMO, is no.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    RideRick said:

If guns where the solution it would be peace already because everybody was shot.

If guns were the answer America would be the safest place on earth
    Are they?

I don't want anything to do with that bunker... bring on the Asteroid