ISO 96' EMEK Charlotte

WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
edited July 2017 in Lost Dogs
Looking for the 96' Charlotte PJ poster.  Have cash if you wish!  Merch to trade!  Let's make a deal!  Any help appreciated!!

Post edited by WildFly on

Comments

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Damn good offer, considering what this print is actually selling for. I don't think I have ever seen a print become that popular and highly demanded in such a short period of time. Congrats on that score. I got shut out as I was clicking on the PayPal tab. Guess that print wasn't meant for me.  
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    edited June 2017
    "Damn good offer?!"  I'm sorry, WTF.

A relatively nice EV poster that was (1) just released, (2) but looks like a Harry Potter comic book cover, and (3) has been so falsely sold with several fake Buy-It-Now auction by flippers is a good trade for one of the top three ALL-TIME iconic Pearl Jam posters from 21 years ago?

That's flippin' insane!!

Post edited by front spacer on
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited June 2017
    I like the Mumford better than the 96 Charlotte :lol:  its all in what people want themselves.  No need to derail the dude's thread

Personally the Mumford is the best EV poster ive ever seen. The Harry Potter London look is one of the pros about it. People want it. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

A relatively nice EV poster that was (1) just released, (2) but looks like a Harry Potter comic book cover, and (3) has been so falsely sold with several fake Buy-It-Now auction by flippers is a good trade for one of the top three ALL-TIME iconic Pearl Jam posters from 21 years ago?

That's flippin' insane!!

this
  • EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Hold out, he'll do a second run of it
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Hold out, he'll do a second run of it
    He can't.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970

That's flippin' insane!!

Where can I find this said, Harry Potter comic book?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857

That's flippin' insane!!

While there is no argument that the Charlotte 96 is an iconic print, I personally never saw what the big deal is behind this poster, or any poster for that matter. And I personally, am on the same page with @cp3iverson and find the Mumford to be such a better print. I have never been a poster collector, and the handful of prints I do own are shows that I have attended and that have a certain memory attached to the show, and was also really impressed by the art. I personally have never and probably will never understand the fuss that is made behind all these posters and what makes one more "valuable" than the other. More importantly I don't understand and probably never will understand why or how certain ones get an insane dollar amount of value attached to them. And if these auctions of high bidding and buy it now for this print are "fake" (meaning there is a strategic move behind it) my questions are why this particular print? Did so many sellers all have the same strategy move planned out together? What makes this particular print any more special than any of the other EV prints from this tour? What separates this one from the others? They all sold out just as quickly as this one, and they all seem to be limited to the same amount of 100! I have always been the one to say that as long as both the buyer and the seller both agree to a price, whether it be money or trade item, than that is what the true value to any said item is or should be. To someone out there this Mumford can mean a whole lot more to them than the 96 Charlotte or whatever other "iconic" print they currently posses. Maybe someone out there proposed to their wife to be at this show. Who knows? As long as both parties are happy in their deal, than its a fair exchange. So to that I say sweet offer @WildFly and good luck.    
  • WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    I just really want the 96' Charlotte because it has great meaning to me.  I really like the Mumford EV print as well hence the reason I purchased it.  Just put the Mumford out for trade as some people really like it as I do.  However the Charlotte poster means so much more to me.  Yes I could put it on ebay and sell it but not my thing, as I was hoping someone with the Charlotte poster might want the Mumford along with much other PJ merch and cash I have to offer.  To be perfectly honest I agree with Ray, and Iverson, that I like the Mumford better than the Charlotte.  I went to the Charlotte show, and not London.
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    WildFly said:
    I just really want the 96' Charlotte because it has great meaning to me.  I really like the Mumford EV print as well hence the reason I purchased it.  Just put the Mumford out for trade as some people really like it as I do.  However the Charlotte poster means so much more to me.  Yes I could put it on ebay and sell it but not my thing, as I was hoping someone with the Charlotte poster might want the Mumford along with much other PJ merch and cash I have to offer.  To be perfectly honest I agree with Ray, and Iverson, that I like the Mumford better than the Charlotte.  I went to the Charlotte show, and not London.
    Good luck, dude.  No need to explain yourself.  Both awesome prints.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    If you really want a 96 Charlotte and want to use the Mumford as a way to help pay for it. Then you better flip it on ebay right now while the hype for the Mumford is strong. Because once the hype wears off, the Mumford will decrease in price with a quickness. Where as the 96 Charlotte will still bring in the $1500 range all day long. Guess you've never personally seen the Emek 96 Charlotte in person, because it's a hell of a lot nicer then the Mumford all day long. Good luck in your venture, because your going to need it. 
    Art is all opinions.  U like Charlotte. I like other prints more.  Opinions 
    EM194007 said:
    If you really want a 96 Charlotte and want to use the Mumford as a way to help pay for it. Then you better flip it on ebay right now while the hype for the Mumford is strong. Because once the hype wears off, the Mumford will decrease in price with a quickness. Where as the 96 Charlotte will still bring in the $1500 range all day long. Guess you've never personally seen the Emek 96 Charlotte in person, because it's a hell of a lot nicer then the Mumford all day long. Good luck in your venture, because your going to need it. 
    Don't see the price dropping, slowing down but not dropping. PJ and Vedder stuff rarely if ever drops.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    ^Especially for an AP. I expect the Mumford to be the best of the tour. In regards to the trade, as long as both parties are happy, who cares? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Horse2345 said:
    EM194007 said:
    Don't see the price dropping, slowing down but not dropping. PJ and Vedder stuff rarely if ever drops.
    Go over on expressobeans and click on price history. Almost every poster from PJ's 2016 tour can be bought for less money then right after the concert. Just look at the sells there listed from ebay sells, it's not hard to see people spontaneously buy and in the long run way over pay for said posters. Just one example, not going to list a bunch, 2016 MSG Walkers were bringing close to $200 right after the show, now you can pick them up for $50 or less.
    EM194007 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    EM194007 said:
    Go over on expressobeans and click on price history. Almost every poster from PJ's 2016 tour can be bought for less money then right after the concert. Just look at the sells there listed from ebay sells, it's not hard to see people spontaneously buy and in the long run way over pay for said posters. Just one example, not going to list a bunch, 2016 MSG Walkers were bringing close to $200 right after the show, now you can pick them up for $50 or less.
    Thats just the blip for lower value posters, this one will be like Lexington, the Catch and Moline. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Horse2345 said:
    EM194007 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    EM194007 said:
    Thats just the blip for lower value posters, this one will be like Lexington, the Catch and Moline. 

I don't know.  I think it is rare that Eddie posters get in the same value league as Pearl Jam.  
    Horse2345 said:
    EM194007 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    EM194007 said:

I don't know.  I think it is rare that Eddie posters get in the same value league as Pearl Jam.  
    Rare, but it can happen. Those Chicago 2011 by Munk seem to bring in decent money. Handful of others too. People are loving this Mumford, wouldn't be surprised to see it hold its ground well in value 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited June 2017
    I dont think you can ever trust the immediate 2nd market for both posters and tickets.  Sometimes i might jump in as a risk.  Got pittsburgh 13 ap on ebay 2 hours after the sale for $220.  Paid almost 200 for mark 5 blue jay ap immediate and got burned a little.  The aforementioned welker was offered to me by a few people from 150-200 but i sat it out and scored it from 10c for 35.  Once the 10c opportunities pass, then you see where the price settles in. 

I dont think i would ever pay over $250 in value for a just released poster unless it was something extremely unique like autographed or an edition of a couple dozen i "needed" to have.  Of course that isnt always the correct path.  It could always trend upward for alltimes such as kong, cracker jack, pj20 mural, pitt 13, etc.  
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
    Yea its hard to say what will happen for sure but i don't remember any other poster selling for so much so quickly.  The regular might dip a bit because of possible 10c sale but there will be no more variants so i think theyll stay high, especially since so many were sold at a high price those buyers wont sell for less than they paid generally.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I've never seen a print take off so quickly.  To me that's the definition of hype.  I don't see it staying this high, but I doubt it drops a lot, I don't see it ever being less than $300.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    scurtis said:
    I've never seen a print take off so quickly.  To me that's the definition of hype.  I don't see it staying this high, but I doubt it drops a lot, I don't see it ever being less than $300.
    Are you talking the AP variant or show edition?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited June 2017
    I hope the OP gets his Charlotte 96. 

I just want the Mumford print on my wall and i only say that about maybe 4% of all PJ posters. Even the most iconic ones i would never hang.  Everyone's taste in style is different.  So this one struck a chord with me like Emek's Portland did and very few others.  I have no cares if this thing is worth $40 or $800 in the future.  Its just art. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    Well this post certainly got off track!  I am still looking for a 96 Charlotte if anyone is willing to deal or trade. 
    Thanks!!!
    edited June 2017
    Anyone knows anybody, (or where I might be able to find one) who would part with this poster?  I have tried contacting every post on EB, with no reply.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by WildFly on
    Little Help Bump!!!
    4th Eve bump!!
    Happy 4th All!!
    Any help, Bump!!
    10th Bump