Ohana VIP viewing area ?

EL283436EL283436 Posts: 37

Trying to plan this trip.  Are the ohana vip tickets worth it?  Looks like the viewing area is off to the side but up close.  Anyone have any experience from last year?

Thanks!
fortunate to have been to many shows... but my top 3 are: Soldier Field 7/11/95 (sound track of my youth) Wrigley 7/19/13 MSG 5/21/10

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    EL283436 said:

Trying to plan this trip.  Are the ohana vip tickets worth it?  Looks like the viewing area is off to the side but up close.  Anyone have any experience from last year?

Thanks!
    We were in VIP last year (got hooked up for free)  The area is very close to the stage, yet much of it is indeed off to the side.  We got there before the first band and staked-out one of the best spots.  I am not sure if it is worth $500.  The festival website mentions a VIP viewing platform this year, so I am not sure if they have changed the VIP layout.
  • EL283436EL283436 Posts: 37
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    EL283436 said:

Thanks!
    We were in VIP last year (got hooked up for free)  The area is very close to the stage, yet much of it is indeed off to the side.  We got there before the first band and staked-out one of the best spots.  I am not sure if it is worth $500.  The festival website mentions a VIP viewing platform this year, so I am not sure if they have changed the VIP layout.
    Thanks for the info!  I sent some questions to the festival producers but haven't heard anything back yet.

Did you enjoy the festival last year?  Is it worth a trip from Texas?
    fortunate to have been to many shows... but my top 3 are: Soldier Field 7/11/95 (sound track of my youth) Wrigley 7/19/13 MSG 5/21/10
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    EL283436 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    EL283436 said:

Thanks!
    Thanks for the info!  I sent some questions to the festival producers but haven't heard anything back yet.

Did you enjoy the festival last year?  Is it worth a trip from Texas?
    The bands at the festival were great from top to bottom:  EV, X, Elvis Costello, Band of Horses, Mudhoney.

Because we had such a great spot in the VIP viewing area, we didn't really roam around the festival, so its hard to comment on everything.

If you like the bands, it is worth the trip!
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    I'm surprising my wife with a trip to this for her birthday. Is there access to the beach during the show?
  • EL283436EL283436 Posts: 37
    DoDaFoo said:
    I'm surprising my wife with a trip to this for her birthday. Is there access to the beach during the show?
    My wife's birthday is just before this fest.  Should be a great time....  I still haven't heard back from promoter what VIP access area is like this year and or access to the beach.
  • I'm pretty sure that the fest was gated off from the beach.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Wanted to go last year.  I could see Ed and my wife is a huge Lana Del Ray fan