EDDIE VEDDER TO HEADLINE 2ND ANNUAL OHANA FEST ON SEPT. 9

Comments

• i got idi got id Posts: 862

This is a great event! Last year was perfect. Ed made some guest appearances and seemed extremely laid back.
    The show was recorded and played on XM a lot... pretty much a full EV show.
    Tickets could be purchased the day of the show last year but I have a feeling they may sell out this year as it was such a good experience last year.
    VIP is not worth it so don't waste the money.....

Can you comment more on the VIP? How was the seating for VIP?
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Mercury said:

Can anyone refresh me if this sold out quickly last year (the Ed day)? Or when it sold out?

Last year I bought a single day ticket on sale day...on day of show there were tickets available under face on secondary sites. I actually had to sell mine at a loss due to circumstances
    I will absolutely not buy ahead this year.
  • evilutionevilution Posts: 67
    i got id said:

This is a great event! Last year was perfect. Ed made some guest appearances and seemed extremely laid back.
    The show was recorded and played on XM a lot... pretty much a full EV show.
    Tickets could be purchased the day of the show last year but I have a feeling they may sell out this year as it was such a good experience last year.
    VIP is not worth it so don't waste the money.....

Can you comment more on the VIP? How was the seating for VIP?
    Seating is off to the side, not very close to the main stage. No view of the 2nd stage at all. Only + might be the food service, as I had to wait over an hour in line to get something and missed a couple of acts. But as said above, VIP is not worth it.
  • jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    bring your own food.... However, I think they will address the food issue as this year seems to be a bigger event.
  • leespjleespj Liverpool Posts: 172
    Hope for EV tour late OCT early NOV
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    kasedoug said:

bbiggs said:

Does anyone know the Saturday lineup aside from EV? Any way to find out?

One Weekend General Admission Pass includes access to Ohana Dana Point with music featuring:
    Friday
    Social Distortion
    Pixies
    TV On The Radio
    The Orwells
    Simon Townshend
    Jade Jackson
    Corey Harper

Saturday
    Eddie Vedder
    Ray Lamontagne
    Fiona Apple
    Glen Hansard
    The Frights
    Liam Finn
    Ella Vos
    Conner Youngblood
    Missio

Sunday
    Jack Johnson
    Haim
    The Naked and Famous
    Dr. Dog
    Timmy Curran
    Vérité
    Cameron Avery
    The Mattson 2
    Solid lineup!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • hidypittshidypitts Posts: 52
    After Jazzfest last year, I am not doing another festival without VIP. 40 year olds need to sit down every now and again! Got my Ohana tickets and looking forward to September!
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    For those interested, Ohana also coincides with the WSL (formerly WCT) Surf tour stop in Lower Trestles (San Clemente) just down the road from the festival site. It is scheduled for September 6-17, 2017. For those that don't know, this is the Pro Surf tour with the likes of Kelly Slater, Mick Fanning, etc.. and is the 8th event of 11 events that span the globe over the course of the year (and is the only mainland US stop on the tour), and culminate with the final event in December on the North Shore of Oahu. I'd imagine there will be quite a bit of crossover between the festival and the surf comp. Anyways, thought y'all should know out of interest, and also for booking accommodation as I'd imagine you don't want to leave that to the last minute.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    hidypitts said:

After Jazzfest last year, I am not doing another festival without VIP. 40 year olds need to sit down every now and again! Got my Ohana tickets and looking forward to September!

I'm 52 and I can stand
  • hidypittshidypitts Posts: 52

hidypitts said:

I'm 52 and I can stand
    Oh good grief. Good for you! No need to be a grump as well.
  • SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    hidypitts said:

FYI - I went last year and there were quite a few picnic tables and other places to sit for non-VIP General Admission along the perimeter of the mainstage area (including good views of the stage). Additionally there are bleacher seats for General Admission. But VIP may be the way to go if you want a guaranteed seat (I wouldn't know - I lucked out and bought a one day ticket the day of the show before Band of Horses went on for just $40 cash).

BTW - for those asking about parking shuttles, the San Clemente outlet mall (forget the name of it) had a shuttle running to and from their parking lot. I think it was $10 round trip. It went very smoothly - after the show I got on a shuttle bus in 5 - 10 minutes and was back at the parking lot in my car about 20 minutes after the show ended. Traffic was not an issue at all, so I may have to look into parking and taking the shuttle bus again. There are a couple of other locations from where they ran shuttles too, I can't recall though where those shuttle parking lots were located.
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    edited April 2017
    So I think the wife and I are going to do this. It appears Ed is going to do some dates much closer to home this Fall but I've never been to California and this seems like a fun long weekend. We're going to arrive Thursday in San Diego and spend the night, then likely staying in Laguna Beach (couldn't find much in Dana Point that looked appealing) through Sunday night and fly out of Santa Ana on Monday. We're probably only going to do the Ed day of the festival on Saturday so we can enjoy the area and sightsee a little. Any advice on what to check out?
    Post edited by Mercury on
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    I decided to surprise my wife with a trip to this show for her birthday. We're probably just doing the show on Saturday, We'll be flying down from Seattle Friday night, getting a hotel that night, then camping on the Bluffs in San Clemente, doing the show Saturday, and then probably beaching it the next couple of days before flying back Monday night. I'm excited! Now I just have to keep it a secret until August...
    Mercury said:
    So I think the wife and I are going to do this. It appears Ed is going to do some dates much closer to home this Fall but I've never been to California and this seems like a fun long weekend. We're going to arrive Thursday in San Diego and spend the night, then likely staying in Laguna Beach (couldn't find much in Dana Point that looked appealing) through Sunday night and fly out of Santa Ana on Monday. We're probably only going to do the Ed day of the festival on Saturday so we can enjoy the area and sightsee a little. Any advice on what to check out?
    I live in San Diego....the coastal area is beautiful, Laguna is a cool place to just hang out. Of course I'm biased that San Diego is pretty awesome. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Mercury said:

Beaches. Beaches. Beaches. Maybe some more beaches.

https://torreypine.org/reserveinfo/
    ^^^Just north of San Diego, nice hiking trails, awesome views, lovely beach.

At low tide, explore tide pools, in La Jolla or Laguna Beach (Crystal Cove? II haven't been in years.)

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    I'm new to So Cal from Michigan, so I am looking forward to attending Ohana Fest on Saturday. Just got my ticket yesterday.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 572
    Has anybody received their Saturday, September 9th tickets/passes in the mail yet?  Thanks in advance!
  • PG261808PG261808 Posts: 62
    I have not received tickets yet. 
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    We're suppose to get them 'closer' to the date of the shows, so I don't expect anything until late July or early August.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Mercury said:
    Little Italy is a great place to walk around and get an awesome meal
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Went last year, and returning this year. Hope to bump into some friendly faces. :)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    8 weeks

sunshine, booze, fine herbs
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    This may have been discussed in the thread already but does anyone know how long EV will play for at this show? 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    bbiggs said:
    This may have been discussed in the thread already but does anyone know how long EV will play for at this show? 
    i believe i saw someone say 1.5 hours last year.  
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    edited July 2017
    Buying tickets for the whole weekend now.....as don't see any PJ dates rest of 2017.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    i believe i saw someone say 1.5 hours last year.  
    Thanks 
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    I have an extra for Saturday if anyone needs one. I'd make some kind of merch trade or cash deal if anyone is interested. Don't want to eat the cost, but will sell for FV and eat the service fees, etc. Or, if you have a couch I can crash on for a couple nights, I'll give you the ticket!
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • bramnieskensbramnieskens The Netherlands Posts: 101
    Thinking of going. How is the public transport to the festival? Are there busses/trains going to and from the festival from/to LA? I'm probably staying in a hostel somewhere centre of LA

2007: Nijmegen
    2010: Nijmegen
    2012: Amsterdam 1
    2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2
    2014: Gold Coast
    2018: Amsterdam 1 & 2, Prague, Krakow, Berlin