RYME said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think all the other terrible things that happen to people and animals is part of an argument against God. The things that aren't atrocities determined by free will. Drought, famine, horrible disease, devastating natural disasters, human nature ... Seriously, I don't understand how anyone who actually believes in God doesn't hate his guts.
    I'll go back to this argument again. For the most part parents have children that they want to be decent human beings, but it doesn't always happen because they only have the ability to create life. Why can't the same be true of a god? They create life, but can't dictate how that life is lived or how it acts because we are born with our own thoughts and minds.

As I've said, I don't specifically believe in god, but a higher being, and I don't blame it for the shitty actions of humans. That's on us to figure out.
    True. Also, God or any random higher being one might imagine can blow jelly beans out of volcanoes and make it rain trumpets, but can't thread a golden needle with the hair of all mankind. In other words, literally anything can be said about God/a higher being - I don't see how any statement is more valid than another when it is all completely made up out of thin air. ;)
    watching the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode "The Genesis Tub" put alot of this in perspective. :lol:
    Whatever works for you. Doesn't matter to me whether someone believes or thinks it's all bullshit. I was Lutheran, then I was atheist and now I'm more of a higher being type believer. Imagine if all digital media was destroyed and lost regarding some of the major events that have happened in the last 100 years and then fast forward 2000 years from now and all you have are some written accounts that vary from a Fox News to a CNN perspective. Where's the middle ground? Hard to believe anything you can't touch, taste, hear, smell or see.

Anyway, I'm going to go eat some Jelly Bean and wait for the next volcano explosion ;) 
    I'm somewhere in the middle between atheist and agnostic. it depends on the day, really. usually lean atheist, but then if I have time to sit and think too much about how fucking big the universe is and how it got created and how and why and all that, I can't help but think there was some sort of manufacturer to all of this. 

but the christian god I was taught about as a kid? NOPE. 
    So who manufactured the
    manufacturer?

Answer- ehyeh asher ehyeh
    I AM THAT I AM

One of the greatest non-answers in the history of humankind, haha. ;)
    What is the greatest non-answer in the history of humankind?
    I AM THAT I AM?
    Exodus Chapter 3, that's where that answer came from.

I know that. That is what I was talking about. One of the greatest non-answers in the history of humankind (I don't think anyone on these boards could manage such a lofty non-answer as that, hahaha). Actually, one could also call just about the whole Bible the same thing, lol.
    Well, you might find this to be an interesting answer to your original question.
    (YHVH), is God's sacred name in the Hebrew language. There is no J in the Hebrew language therefore it is not Jehovah as some like to say. 
    (YHVH) pronounced Yah-ha-veigh.  It's locked in the Hebrew manuscripts.
    Jesus in the Hebrew language is (Yashua), meaning YHVH's Savior.

Post edited by RYME on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    So desperate for a chance to score points, and so heedless of the actual impact on others, particularly the victims of this attack.

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/31/michael-cernovich-says-portland-killer-was-left-wing-operative-on-a-mission-to-frame-trump-supporters/

Alt-right conspiracy theorist says that the Portland killer was actually a "left wing operative" carrying out a mission to make Trump supporters look evil. I would think there's no need to do that - they're doing a fine job all on their own.

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    So desperate for a chance to score points, and so heedless of the actual impact on others, particularly the victims of this attack.

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/31/michael-cernovich-says-portland-killer-was-left-wing-operative-on-a-mission-to-frame-trump-supporters/

Alt-right conspiracy theorist says that the Portland killer was actually a "left wing operative" carrying out a mission to make Trump supporters look evil. I would think there's no need to do that - they're doing a fine job all on their own.

Gotta love the alternative universe the right occupies. It's brilliant in there.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2017
    RYME said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RYME said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think all the other terrible things that happen to people and animals is part of an argument against God. The things that aren't atrocities determined by free will. Drought, famine, horrible disease, devastating natural disasters, human nature ... Seriously, I don't understand how anyone who actually believes in God doesn't hate his guts.
    I'll go back to this argument again. For the most part parents have children that they want to be decent human beings, but it doesn't always happen because they only have the ability to create life. Why can't the same be true of a god? They create life, but can't dictate how that life is lived or how it acts because we are born with our own thoughts and minds.

As I've said, I don't specifically believe in god, but a higher being, and I don't blame it for the shitty actions of humans. That's on us to figure out.
    True. Also, God or any random higher being one might imagine can blow jelly beans out of volcanoes and make it rain trumpets, but can't thread a golden needle with the hair of all mankind. In other words, literally anything can be said about God/a higher being - I don't see how any statement is more valid than another when it is all completely made up out of thin air. ;)
    watching the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode "The Genesis Tub" put alot of this in perspective. :lol:
    Whatever works for you. Doesn't matter to me whether someone believes or thinks it's all bullshit. I was Lutheran, then I was atheist and now I'm more of a higher being type believer. Imagine if all digital media was destroyed and lost regarding some of the major events that have happened in the last 100 years and then fast forward 2000 years from now and all you have are some written accounts that vary from a Fox News to a CNN perspective. Where's the middle ground? Hard to believe anything you can't touch, taste, hear, smell or see.

Anyway, I'm going to go eat some Jelly Bean and wait for the next volcano explosion ;) 
    I'm somewhere in the middle between atheist and agnostic. it depends on the day, really. usually lean atheist, but then if I have time to sit and think too much about how fucking big the universe is and how it got created and how and why and all that, I can't help but think there was some sort of manufacturer to all of this. 

but the christian god I was taught about as a kid? NOPE. 
    So who manufactured the
    manufacturer?

Answer- ehyeh asher ehyeh
    I AM THAT I AM

One of the greatest non-answers in the history of humankind, haha. ;)
    What is the greatest non-answer in the history of humankind?
    I AM THAT I AM?
    Exodus Chapter 3, that's where that answer came from.

I know that. That is what I was talking about. One of the greatest non-answers in the history of humankind (I don't think anyone on these boards could manage such a lofty non-answer as that, hahaha). Actually, one could also call just about the whole Bible the same thing, lol.
    Well, you might find this to be an interesting answer to your original question.
    (YHVH), is God's sacred name in the Hebrew language. There is no J in the Hebrew language therefore it is not Jehovah as some like to say. 
    (YHVH) pronounced Yah-ha-veigh.  It's locked in the Hebrew manuscripts.
    Jesus in the Hebrew language is (Yashua), meaning YHVH's Savior.

According to Indiana Jones, Johovah begins with an "I". :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    edited June 2017
    Breaking news report of a van " mowing down pedestrians on London Bridge" - multiple injuries, seems like England is under attack similar to France, now three separate incidents being reported.

Post edited by OMGkatwoman on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Breaking news report of a van " mowing down pedestrians on London Bridge" - multiple injuries, seems like England is under attack similar to France, now three separate incidents being reported.

This world, fuck!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Meaning 3 vans? Wtf! 
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    Not 3 vans, one van on the London Bridge, and stabbings in a nearby restaurant
     and not sure around the circumstances of the third attack, England elevated their alert level to critical again although I'm not convinced that would prevented this attack, so disgusted at the tactics of these jerks.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    So disgusted! I wonder what critical means. Stay inside? Flights cancelled?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    The only thing I know for sure is extra vigilance, and cnn is reporting the hospitals are on lockdown, not too sure what else is  on lockdown though.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    The only thing I know for sure is extra vigilance, and cnn is reporting the hospitals are on lockdown, not too sure what else is  on lockdown though.

Hospitals going on lockdown during these situations is S.O.P.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Looks like Grande visited some of the victims of the bombing at her concert is hospital on Friday. Kudos to her for how she has responded to this tragedy.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited June 2017
    Looks like Grande visited some of the victims of the bombing at her concert is hospital on Friday. Kudos to her for how she has responded to this tragedy.
    She's not my cup of tea music wise either, like someone else stated in the other thread but, I sure respect her an awful lot for visiting the victims and going back for the Manchester benefit concert!! 
    Post edited by OMGkatwoman on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    She's not my cup of tea music wise either, like someone else stated in the other thread but, I sure respect her an awful lot for visiting the victims and going back for the Manchester benefit concert!! 
    i can't imagine the weight on an artists shoulders after children are murdered at your show. we all know how badly PJ was affected after Roskilde so it has had to be incredibly difficult these past few weeks for Ariana. I give her and her people a lot of credit.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjhawks said:
    i can't imagine the weight on an artists shoulders after children are murdered at your show. we all know how badly PJ was affected after Roskilde so it has had to be incredibly difficult these past few weeks for Ariana. I give her and her people a lot of credit.
    agreed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD