Riot Fest Chicago 2017 Line-up

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
Some good stuff...NIN, QOTSA, New Order, Jawbreaker (!), X, Prophets of Rage

http://riotfest.org/chicago/lineup/

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Damn. That's really solid.
  • TvanTvan Chicago Posts: 73
    Going! Lots of good stuff in there... first time the lineup has compelled me to buy a full weekend ticket. Need the day by day to come out so I can decide whether I can miss most of Sunday though, friends are trying to get me to ride the North Shore Century that day.
    EAST TROY, WI 9/3/11
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/22/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/18/18
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/18
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Tvan said:

Going! Lots of good stuff in there... first time the lineup has compelled me to buy a full weekend ticket. Need the day by day to come out so I can decide whether I can miss most of Sunday though, friends are trying to get me to ride the North Shore Century that day.

Is it easy to get to the festie from the loop?
  • TvanTvan Chicago Posts: 73
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Should be pretty easy, you're out of walking distance though. There is a bus that runs down Roosevelt as well as the CTA Pink line stop just south of the park. It's about four miles from downtown so Uber/Lyft is the way to go if public transportation isn't your thing.
    EAST TROY, WI 9/3/11
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/22/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/18/18
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/18
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'll already be there that weekend for Cubs vs Cards. Would really like to see NIN and QOTSA, but kind of want to hold out until I can see them on their own tours and not a fest.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Really want to know the day breakdown. Hopefully TVOTR and NIN are the same day.
    Tvan said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

Should be pretty easy, you're out of walking distance though. There is a bus that runs down Roosevelt as well as the CTA Pink line stop just south of the park. It's about four miles from downtown so Uber/Lyft is the way to go if public transportation isn't your thing.
    Thanks for the info!
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    While i won't be able to make it to this and i hear the experience of Riot fest is kinda shitty. JAWBREAKER!!!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Can anyone who has been to Riot Fest at Douglas park offer any insight as to how crowded it gets?    Is there enough open space to offer breaks from huge crowds of people, etc?
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I'd love to know more too.  Whole family is going (husband, me and our kiddo).  The line up was just too good not to go, we got weekend passes although the day by day schedule will determine how much we actually are there for.

Who's gone before?  What did you love about it?  What didn't you love?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Can anyone who has been to Riot Fest at Douglas park offer any insight as to how crowded it gets?    Is there enough open space to offer breaks from huge crowds of people, etc?

Oh yeah, definitely plenty of space......Douglas Park is gigantic and the fest takes up a majority of the park. It's not completely jam- packed everywhere you go like Lollapalooza so there's definitely room to go have a break from the crowds.
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Oh yeah, definitely plenty of space......Douglas Park is gigantic and the fest takes up a majority of the park. It's not completely jam- packed everywhere you go like Lollapalooza so there's definitely room to go have a break from the crowds.
    Thanks!
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,205
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Yes, as said above.  Plenty of space to do your own thing and Douglas Park is HUGE and a great place for a festival.....once you are there.
    Unfortunately it's in kind of a shitty part of the city and it's not the easiest to get to.  Be aware of where you are when you leave at night....
    They are announcing the second wave of bands tomorrow.