10 questions for those who feel the US should be out of the Mideast

pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
edited May 2017 in A Moving Train
so every time there is a terrorist attack the discussions always end up placing blame on the US and our role in the Mideast.  So I am curious as how people would answer the questions i have posed below.   Admittedly I don't fully grasp what would happen if we pulled out but i'm curious to know what some of you think, especially about question 5.  so if the US pulled completely out of the Mideast and was to stay out of any conflicts there...

1 - how many countries would a civil war and/or coup occur in?
2 - how many more atrocities would certain leaders inflict on their own people there?
3 - how may countries would be safe from the neighbors?
4 - if the region was to become more unstable how many more refugees would look to leave and where would they go?
5 - If the US pulled out wouldn't it be safe to assume one of the other of the world's military powers would move to have their strength and control there instead of US?
6 - if you believe the answer to question 5 is Yes, and you'd have to be really naive to not think the answer is yes, which country and leader would you prefer to have that power? Russia, China, Japan, North Korea, one of the current Mideast countries and it's leader, or someone else?
7 - if one of the countries above had control of the Mideast how would the region be better off on a humanitarian level?  would their people be better or worse off?
8 - Knowing how important the Mideast oil is to the world economy how would one of those countries and it's leader being in charge affect the global economy? more positive, more negative, no change?
9 - if the US was not there who and what would the islamic terrorists use as the scapegoat for their attacks?
10 - how long would it take before the world asked us to come back to help strengthen the region? 
Post edited by pjhawks on

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    if the US pulled out completely all of the above would result in pure chaos. the problem was the US government meddling for supposed humanitarian reasons in the first place when we all know that was all economics and global control. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited May 2017
    11.  Where in the Constitution is the Federal government authorized to be World Police?
    Post edited by unsung on
    unsung said:
    11.  Where is the Constitution is the Federal government authorized to be World Police?
    wow. we agree. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2017
    That is a lot of questions to be answered by a country who wholeheartedly in the press despises their President.

As to your number 5, allies are strong.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Not to dabble too much on the train's political car, but I do believe (not feel) that we won't pull out until the resources are depleted at which all of those concerns become moot.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    That is a lot of questions to be answered by a country who wholeheartedly in the press despises their President.

As to your number 5, allies are strong.
    Councillor: Objection, irrelevant trolling.
    Judge: Objection Sustained.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited May 2017
    unsung said:
    11.  Where is the Constitution is the Federal government authorized to be World Police?
    wow. we agree. 
    Coming to your senses I see.   :)
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    wow. we agree. 
    Coming to your senses I see.  
    That didn't last long. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

LOL
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    so no one can answer the questions i posed?  so much said about the consequences of the US being there but no one wants to give thoughts or opinions on what  happens if we are not?  interesting....
    pjhawks said:
    so no one can answer the questions i posed?  so much said about the consequences of the US being there but no one wants to give thoughts or opinions on what  happens if we are not?  interesting....
    none of them are answerable questions. most, if not all, are based on so many variables, one can't possibly conclude anything. 

except 9 and 10. both of those are silly. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    pjhawks said:
    Honestly, it would take a lot to pin down answers to so many questions, especially the ones you posed. It's easy for me to send back a few lengthy answers a day on here, but looking at you're list is like a HS student looking at the homework for the day and seeing they have 10 optional essay questions to answer. Ain't gonna happen. I can spend my time far better ways.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited May 2017
    1 - how many countries would a civil war and/or coup occur in? 1
    2 - how many more atrocities would certain leaders inflict on their own people there? 3
    3 - how may countries would be safe from the neighbors? 6
    4 - if the region was to become more unstable how many more refugees would look to leave and where would they go? 200, djibouti 
    5 - If the US pulled out wouldn't it be safe to assume one of the other of the world's military powers would move to have their strength and control there instead of US? no
    6 - if you believe the answer to question 5 is Yes, and you'd have to be really naive to not think the answer is yes, which country and leader would you prefer to have that power? Russia, China, Japan, North Korea, one of the current Mideast countries and it's leader, or someone else? no one is that dumb.
    7 - if one of the countries above had control of the Mideast how would the region be better off on a humanitarian level?  would their people be better or worse off? worse
    8 - Knowing how important the Mideast oil is to the world economy how would one of those countries and it's leader being in charge affect the global economy? more positive, more negative, no change? no change
    9 - if the US was not there who and what would the islamic terrorists use as the scapegoat for their attacks? israel
    10 - how long would it take before the world asked us to come back to help strengthen the region?   tuesday

seriously, how can anyone answer any of those questions? lol (except for number 9, always blame israel lol)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    pjhawks said:
    My answer is that I don't care.  We are not supposed to be the World Police.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mcgruff10 said:
    2 - how many more atrocities would certain leaders inflict on their own people there? 3
    4 - if the region was to become more unstable how many more refugees would look to leave and where would they go? 200, djibouti 
    5 - If the US pulled out wouldn't it be safe to assume one of the other of the world's military powers would move to have their strength and control there instead of US? no
    6 - if you believe the answer to question 5 is Yes, and you'd have to be really naive to not think the answer is yes, which country and leader would you prefer to have that power? Russia, China, Japan, North Korea, one of the current Mideast countries and it's leader, or someone else? no one is that dumb.
    7 - if one of the countries above had control of the Mideast how would the region be better off on a humanitarian level?  would their people be better or worse off? worse
    8 - Knowing how important the Mideast oil is to the world economy how would one of those countries and it's leader being in charge affect the global economy? more positive, more negative, no change? no change
    9 - if the US was not there who and what would the islamic terrorists use as the scapegoat for their attacks? israel
    10 - how long would it take before the world asked us to come back to help strengthen the region?   tuesday

seriously, how can anyone answer any of those questions? lol (except for number 9, always blame israel lol)
    Haha! Got a good chuckle out of this. It's like you were doing a Mad Lib.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited May 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

seriously you think if the US pulled out Putin or worse wouldn't try to seize control or influence that region? that's just delusional.

yes I know many of the questions can't be answered but I just get sick of hearing people constantly harp that we meddle there which causes all the world's problems.  That area would be a bigger shit storm and the global economy would suffer worse consequences if we pulled out and ignored that region.  

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    For #5, how has it worked out for the USA taking control of the region?  It hasn't made us stronger.   Letting China or Russia take over would probably weaken and distract them like it has done to the USA.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:

seriously you think if the US pulled out Putin or worse wouldn't try to seize control or influence that region? that's just delusional.

yes I know many of the questions can't be answered but I just get sick of hearing people constantly harp that we meddle there which causes all the world's problems.  That area would be a bigger shit storm and the global economy would suffer worse consequences if we pulled out and ignored that region.  

Does that mean  you're happy with the US carrying that responsibility? I personally think that the USA is no longer fit to play "World Police", whether it's interested in the job or not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Does that mean  you're happy with the US carrying that responsibility? I personally think that the USA is no longer fit to play "World Police", whether it's interested in the job or not.

Not with the current administration and Congress.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mcgruff10 said:

Tuesday isn't good for me. Can we do Thursday instead?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    For #5, how has it worked out for the USA taking control of the region?  It hasn't made us stronger.   Letting China or Russia take over would probably weaken and distract them like it has done to the USA.
    Bingo!  Plus it would have forced us to explore alternative energy, which China is whooping ass at right now.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  •  

1 - how many countries would a civil war and/or coup occur in? How did your great country come to be?
    2 - how many more atrocities would certain leaders inflict on their own people there? You mean like putting a high percentage of one culture in prison?
    3 - how may countries would be safe from the neighbors? The U S of Eh seems to be able to get along with Mexico and Canada.
    4 - if the region was to become more unstable how many more refugees would look to leave and where would they go? Maybe they wouldn't leave as the countries may not break down.
    5 - If the US pulled out wouldn't it be safe to assume one of the other of the world's military powers would move to have their strength and control there instead of US? Didn't Russia try this after the Americans first go round in Afghanistan. How'd that work out.
    6 - if you believe the answer to question 5 is Yes, and you'd have to be really naive to not think the answer is yes, which country and leader would you prefer to have that power? Russia, China, Japan, North Korea, one of the current Mideast countries and it's leader, or someone else? Takes a lot of brain washed soldiers to do the dirty work. Now your option of North Korea is a funny one. I would choose Sweden though.
    7 - if one of the countries above had control of the Mideast how would the region be better off on a humanitarian level?  would their people be better or worse off? Any country that is "occupied" is never better off. Instead of getting their country in order, their first priority is fighting the occupier which of course takes the pressure off the puppet who is leading said county.
    8 - Knowing how important the Mideast oil is to the world economy how would one of those countries and it's leader being in charge affect the global economy? more positive, more negative, no change? It won't be important once greedy leaders can figure out how to make money off of the sun and wind.
    9 - if the US was not there who and what would the islamic terrorists use as the scapegoat for their attacks? This is where your civil war comes in handy, to sort out the baggage.
    10 - how long would it take before the world asked us to come back to help strengthen the region?  You tell me how many countries in the region ask for your help in the first place. Then this would be a credible question.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rgambs said:
    Bingo!  Plus it would have forced us to explore alternative energy, which China is whooping ass at right now.
    Valid points here.  As a nation, oil dependency seems to be ingrained into our mindset, thus the reason why folks are skeptical about pulling out of the region.  It may hurt us in the short term, but it would help us advance in the long run.  We're falling behind as it is now and this administration certainly isn't helping.