*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited May 2017
    Wobbie said:
    fuck the lakers.
    Yup. like i said earlier: Magic Johnson didn't fly 3,000 Miles for NOTHING. Lakers better not get #1 pick.

Still: 76ers looking at no worse then pick 3. 
    Post edited by cutz on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Pick Swap.....

The gift of Sam Hinkie continues to give
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited May 2017
    dick tease tonight.  

agree w juggler -- chances of lakers falling out of top 3 and losing TWO first round picks were less than 0%

Really don't think this draft lottery mattered much.  Would have been great to get Fultz but rest of class is kinda the same.  I love Dennis Smith Jr, but it looks like the Sixers are looking at Jackson, who I also like.  Glad there won't be any Monk action -- aka, white Jimmer.  

Still have a top 10 lakers pick coming next year.  A possible top 5 kings pick coming in 2019.  And Sixers firsts in next two drafts.  Along with multiple second round picks (including the knicks second round pick for eternity -- haha). 

Thank you Hinkie.  Don't fuck it up Colonjello.  If he trades anything to the Lakers for Russell (who sucks) I am done

Post edited by The Fixer on
    I love me some Kyle Lowry but the Sixers aren't really in position to sign 31 year old vets right now. I doubt these rumors are true...
    No, No, No, No, No

Just say no to Nova trash.  

Thank you
    Now that this is over with - time for Lebron to again prove that he's the best ever.  

Hopefully Curry, his ugly wife, and durant all get injured scissoring one another.  Turds.  Go Lebrons
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Pick Swap.....

The gift of Sam Hinkie continues to give
    too bad their division rival is the #1 seed in the East already and now has the #1 pick next year but hey Danny Ainge doesn't need to tell the world how smart he is.

was their any doubt Ball was going to the Lakers?  Boston, LA, Philly - was David Stern back in charge of this lottery?  Interesting stuff.

Will be interesting to see if they take for need at #3 or take who they think is the best player there.  As I said before a lot of good NBA players in the top 10 this year so lots of possibilities.  Personally I like Josh Jackson (not the kid from the Mighty Ducks and Dawson's Creek) in that spot.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    So The Process got them from 5 to 3 with the 4th worst record?  Hinkie is a goddamn genius ...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Now just 5 weeks to go over all the scenarios.  I like Jackson, Monk and Fox. If we don't love someone at 3 then try to trade down a few spots. Thanks Sam.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    JK_Livin said:
    Now just 5 weeks to go over all the scenarios.  I like Jackson, Monk and Fox. If we don't love someone at 3 then try to trade down a few spots. Thanks Sam.
    I think Fox is going to be the best pick in this draft looking ahead but not so sure if he's a good fit there in Philly.

Thoughts?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Jason P said:
    So The Process got them from 5 to 3 with the 4th worst record?  Hinkie is a goddamn genius ...
    That particular trade also got their '19 first round pick when the Kings will most likely still be dreadful and the Sixers should be playoff contenders. You know what Hinkie gave up for all of this?....nothing. Zilch. Zip. Nadda. We helped them clear cap space. That's it. I don't know if that makes him a genius or not but, at the very least, it makes him an extremely shrewed gm who set this team up for the future better than at any point, for the most part, in the last 3 decades. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Jason P said:
    That particular trade also got their '19 first round pick when the Kings will most likely still be dreadful and the Sixers should be playoff contenders. You know what Hinkie gave up for all of this?....nothing. Zilch. Zip. Nadda. We helped them clear cap space. That's it. I don't know if that makes him a genius or not but, at the very least, it makes him an extremely shrewed gm who set this team up for the future better than at any point, for the most part, in the last 3 decades. 
    I give Hinkie credit for being to first person to realize Vlade could be persuaded into crappy deals with shiny objects and trinkets the same way the Dutch bought the island of Manhattan in the 1600's.  Pelicans dipped into the Vlade well and probably couldn't believe it also worked.
    JK_Livin said:
    Ther probably looking at Jayson Tatum too.  Maybe Jonathon Issac also?
    cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Ther probably looking at Jayson Tatum too.  Maybe Jonathon Issac also?Ta

Tatum? I hope not.

Wish Jackson could shoot the ball better....

What do you make of the 3, Lakers pick and Saric to Celtics for 1 rumor? I wish that would work with Okafor instead, but I doubt it would. Would be a ton to give up....but if you get the guy who fits best with Simmons and Embiid, you gotta at least think about it.

There are quite a few different scenarios I'd be good with right now. Trading down might make the most sense.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Just that :Rumors>LOL>No, but i don't think Fultz is a generational player to give all that up. Especially Saric, who i think is going to be good and his shot should improve. Lakers are probably gonna suck next year so that pick should be a high one.  Though, if it did happen i WISH it was Okafor  in that trade. Gotta give it to the Celtics and they hold all the cards.  They could do anything.

Agree: ther are a lot the 76ers could do with that pick. The next month should be interesting with this Draft.

cutz said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Ther probably looking at Jayson Tatum too.  Maybe Jonathon Issac also?Ta

Tatum? I hope not.

Wish Jackson could shoot the ball better....

What do you make of the 3, Lakers pick and Saric to Celtics for 1 rumor? I wish that would work with Okafor instead, but I doubt it would. Would be a ton to give up....but if you get the guy who fits best with Simmons and Embiid, you gotta at least think about it.

There are quite a few different scenarios I'd be good with right now. Trading down might make the most sense.

I thought Tatum was kind of soft from what I saw of him.  I know he battled some injuries so maybe that is part of it but I wasn't fully impressed with him

some concern with Jackson's shooting but he did shoot the ball better in the 2nd half of the season at Kansas.  He has a great body and gret hands though.   Bigger concern might be character.  he did threaten to beat a woman and has to undergo anger management as part of the settlement.  At 3 I think he is probably the best pick for the Sixers

Really like Isaacs but don't think he is a fit for the Sixers.  he is another 4 although i've seen some talk about him maybe ending up as a 3 which i think is a stretch. His body needs to fill out though so might take a few years before you see him develop.

that would be an awful trade.  you cannot give the Celtics that Lakers pick.
    Might be warming up to Isaac but I have a feeling it's not going to be Fultz, Ball & Jackson in order.  Don't like the fact that Jackson has a court order anger management class for a year.

I don't see Boston trading that top pick unless its for George or Butler. How many more picks can they have? They already have the Nets and theirs next year and a few overseas stashed players.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited May 2017
    Double post......................................for some reason.

Post edited by cutz on

Kings looking to trade 5 and 10 to move up for Fox?

Man, I wish Hinkie were still here to rape them again...

chinese-happy.jpg
    Jason P said:
    that trade with the kings...along with the trade with orlando...as well as getting anything for the steaming turd of MCW...make sam hinkie arguably the best sixers GM ever

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014-nba-draft-prospects-andrew-wiggins-julius-randle/2014/6/27/5848660/sixers-magic-trade-dario-saric-elfrid-payton-draft-picks

every time I visit Xfinity Live I will pay my respects to his deserved spot in the rafters

that is hilarious.  hahaha
    edited June 2017
    here are my random draft thoughts...

I love when 'experts' refer to certain college player stats.  The sixers pick at 3.  Most of the guys they are considering are one and done guys, so they are 19 years old.  Referring to their three point percentage after 40 games really means nothing.  College basketball statistics are more worthless than Ryan Howard's RBI totals (hahahaha).  
    Trading down from 3 makes zero sense.  Sixers already have too many prospects at the NBA level and not enough roster spots. They also have a surplus of future picks (namely the lakers first in 18 and the kings first in 19, both unprotected -- the sixers future is stacked)

Normally I would like to see the trade down, but this year I'd like to see them trade up for Fultz.  Being that boston has the 1 pick this year, it's not normal.  In my perfect world, the celtics take ball/jackson first, the sixers trade the lakers first back to them (with okafors fat ass), and they get fultz at one.  if not just take jackson or dennis smith at 3.  I could live with tatum but I think that pick is conservative.  You can't teach athleticism, you can teach a guy to shoot.  kawaii leonard couldn't shoot out of college.  westbrook couldn't shoot out of college.  

guards are the easiest position to find.  the sixers have tons of assets.  draft the guy with the largest upside (jackson, smith).  hope they work out.  if they bust like okafat, then dump them. 

come on colonjello - do the right thing.  ugh

Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer said:

I love when 'experts' refer to certain college player stats.  The sixers pick at 3.  Most of the guys they are considering are one and done guys, so they are 19 years old.  Referring to their three point percentage after 40 games really means nothing.  College basketball statistics are more worthless than Ryan Howard's RBI totals (hahahaha).  
    Trading down from 3 makes zero sense.  Sixers already have too many prospects at the NBA level and not enough roster spots. They also have a surplus of future picks (namely the lakers first in 18 and the kings first in 19, both unprotected -- the sixers future is stacked)

Normally I would like to see the trade down, but this year I'd like to see them trade up for Fultz.  Being that boston has the 1 pick this year, it's not normal.  In my perfect world, the celtics take ball/jackson first, the sixers trade the lakers first back to them (with okafors fat ass), and they get fultz at one.  if not just take jackson or dennis smith at 3.  I could live with tatum but I think that pick is conservative.  You can't teach athleticism, you can teach a guy to shoot.  kawaii leonard couldn't shoot out of college.  westbrook couldn't shoot out of college.  

guards are the easiest position to find.  the sixers have tons of assets.  draft the guy with the largest upside (jackson, smith).  hope they work out.  if they bust like okafat, then dump them. 

any other unrealistic ideas you got? the Celtics aren't taking Ball or Jackson and they aren't trading #1 to the Sixers.  just stop.

Are we going to screw this up? If Lakers take Jackson, do we take Ball? I'd be happy if we come out with Jackson , Monk or the FSU kid. I'm all over the place. A lot of these kids look good, even Smith.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Are we going to screw this up? If Lakers take Jackson, do we take Ball? I'd be happy if we come out with Jackson , Monk or the FSU kid. I'm all over the place. A lot of these kids look good, even Smith.
     I would but I have a feeling the Sixers wouldn't.  I still think the Lakers are taking Ball though.
    Are the Sixers going to workout any of the top 10 players? 9 days away and all we've brought in are 2nd rounders.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjhawks said:
    The Fixer said:

any other unrealistic ideas you got? the Celtics aren't taking Ball or Jackson and they aren't trading #1 to the Sixers.  just stop.

Ummmm....