Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    my2hands said:
    Don't forget the former Canadian Minister of Defense, Paul Hellyer, that's states matter of factly that aliens exist, have visited earth, are here currently, and that it is actively being covered up by governments 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3051151/Governments-HIDING-aliens-claims-former-defence-minister-Paul-Hellyer-urges-world-leaders-reveal-secret-files.html

Yeah..i have post for him in the past..no one response..Minister of Defense, nice title..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just came upon this story - I'd never heard about it before, but it is supposedly a famous one. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/falcon-lake-incident-book-anniversary-1.4121639

FWIW, my sister, brother in law, and some of their friends were out on a boat in a lake near Winnipeg maybe 5 years ago, and they very uncharacteristically said they all saw a UFO. My sister and especially my bro-in-law who is almost painfully logical and level-headed, are not people to believe in such a thing or humour a fantasy, but they definitely couldn't explain what they saw and it wasn't the kind of sighting that could have been swamp gas or whateverthefuck. They were all totally stunned and freaked out, apparently.
    My problem is that I've NEVER heard an alien or ghost story that was realistically open for explanation.
    It's always a circumstance where it couldn't possibly have been anything else.  All possible openings for explanation are stripped away before the story is told and it always seems disingenuous to me.  The person viewing is always a former non-believer, the location and situation always preclude a natural explanation...it bothers me.
    My in laws, for instance, have a story about their suburban house being haunted.  First, they didn't believe in ghosts (yeah right), then they tell how they had an empty bedroom room with boxes that stacked themselves against the door.  There's no window in the room, the door was locked, and there was a draft guard at the bottom.  The boxes were stacked in a pyramid and they couldn't see into the room.  Funny, I've never been in a bedroom of a nice house that didn't have a window, and something like 90% of interior doors open into a room, not into a hallway.  If they had just told the story as it truly happened (if it did at all) I wouldn't think them pathetic fools, but the embellishments harden my resolve against them.

Just once I'd like to hear someone say "I don't know, it could have been something else, but it sure seemed like a ghost/alien."  

In Tucson I saw what looked like a black plastic or metal sphere moving in the sky above our apartment building.  It was brief and I had no context to determine it's size, distance, or speed. Don't know what it was of if I was even seeing correctly.
    If I was an average UFO believer, I would surely have precisely determined it's size and speed to be impossible for human activity in that 2 second sighting.  Guaranteed.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited May 2017
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe they have learned how to use worm holes to travel or something. We really can't assume anything about some distance alien life form and what kind of science they are dealing with. It's entirely possible that what's normal to them in completely inconceivable to us. Or that they have billions of years on us, and understand the physics of space in a way we can't even imagine. Humans are forced to apply human knowledge and theories to alien life, but I don't know if that is reasonable in the slightest. We might be extremely primitive lifeforms compared to other lifeforms in the universe, considering how young the Earth is in universe terms.
    absolutely, 100%.

one aspect of aliens as humans see them that has always been funny to me, is the assumption by humans that they look like us. two legs, two arms, head, just smaller bodies and bigger eyes, etc. it is totally conceivable to me that we can't even fucking see them, our eyes can't understand that we are looking at something that is right there. there are many things we know that we can't see with the naked human eye, it's entirely plausible that other living things are one of those things. 
    I could understand the possibility that alien life forms exist in non-carbon based forms, making what we think uninhabitable planet thriving for another. Unlikely, but definitely possible.
    I can't fathom the possibility that our senses would be unable to detect their presence however. Sure, there are thing right in front of us that we can't see, like sound and energy. But none of those things are matter. Would you agree that all life forms must consist of matter?
    SO that leaves with something still relatively unknown, like dark matter as one possibility. Some form of matter that does not emit electromagnetic energy, and therefore we cannot see.
    I can't imagine the possibility of other life forms living among us under some other form of undetectable matter. But I'll chalk that up to lack of human understanding of the physical world. The likelihood of that happening, and both of our worlds completely uneffected by eachother as a result seems to be impossible. 
    But I guess all of that can go beyond human understanding of what the physical world is.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2017
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just came upon this story - I'd never heard about it before, but it is supposedly a famous one. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/falcon-lake-incident-book-anniversary-1.4121639

FWIW, my sister, brother in law, and some of their friends were out on a boat in a lake near Winnipeg maybe 5 years ago, and they very uncharacteristically said they all saw a UFO. My sister and especially my bro-in-law who is almost painfully logical and level-headed, are not people to believe in such a thing or humour a fantasy, but they definitely couldn't explain what they saw and it wasn't the kind of sighting that could have been swamp gas or whateverthefuck. They were all totally stunned and freaked out, apparently.
    My problem is that I've NEVER heard an alien or ghost story that was realistically open for explanation.
    It's always a circumstance where it couldn't possibly have been anything else.  All possible openings for explanation are stripped away before the story is told and it always seems disingenuous to me.  The person viewing is always a former non-believer, the location and situation always preclude a natural explanation...it bothers me.
    My in laws, for instance, have a story about their suburban house being haunted.  First, they didn't believe in ghosts (yeah right), then they tell how they had an empty bedroom room with boxes that stacked themselves against the door.  There's no window in the room, the door was locked, and there was a draft guard at the bottom.  The boxes were stacked in a pyramid and they couldn't see into the room.  Funny, I've never been in a bedroom of a nice house that didn't have a window, and something like 90% of interior doors open into a room, not into a hallway.  If they had just told the story as it truly happened (if it did at all) I wouldn't think them pathetic fools, but the embellishments harden my resolve against them.

Just once I'd like to hear someone say "I don't know, it could have been something else, but it sure seemed like a ghost/alien."  

In Tucson I saw what looked like a black plastic or metal sphere moving in the sky above our apartment building.  It was brief and I had no context to determine it's size, distance, or speed. Don't know what it was of if I was even seeing correctly.
    If I was an average UFO believer, I would surely have precisely determined it's size and speed to be impossible for human activity in that 2 second sighting.  Guaranteed.
    I dunno. I've heard tons of people say "I don't know, it could have been something else." I think the majority say that, actually. Obviously, though, that doesn't usually make the news. As with most news or just crap on the internet, we see the exception, not the rule.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    No... Aliens don't exist.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe they have learned how to use worm holes to travel or something. We really can't assume anything about some distance alien life form and what kind of science they are dealing with. It's entirely possible that what's normal to them in completely inconceivable to us. Or that they have billions of years on us, and understand the physics of space in a way we can't even imagine. Humans are forced to apply human knowledge and theories to alien life, but I don't know if that is reasonable in the slightest. We might be extremely primitive lifeforms compared to other lifeforms in the universe, considering how young the Earth is in universe terms.
    absolutely, 100%.

one aspect of aliens as humans see them that has always been funny to me, is the assumption by humans that they look like us. two legs, two arms, head, just smaller bodies and bigger eyes, etc. it is totally conceivable to me that we can't even fucking see them, our eyes can't understand that we are looking at something that is right there. there are many things we know that we can't see with the naked human eye, it's entirely plausible that other living things are one of those things. 
    I could understand the possibility that alien life forms exist in non-carbon based forms, making what we think uninhabitable planet thriving for another. Unlikely, but definitely possible.
    I can't fathom the possibility that our senses would be unable to detect their presence however. Sure, there are thing right in front of us that we can't see, like sound and energy. But none of those things are matter. Would you agree that all life forms must consist of matter?
    SO that leaves with something still relatively unknown, like dark matter as one possibility. Some form of matter that does not emit electromagnetic energy, and therefore we cannot see.
    I can't imagine the possibility of other life forms living among us under some other form of undetectable matter. But I'll chalk that up to lack of human understanding of the physical world. The likelihood of that happening, and both of our worlds completely uneffected by eachother as a result seems to be impossible. 
    But I guess all of that can go beyond human understanding of what the physical world is.
    i agree that everything we currently know points to all life consisting of matter, yes. 

but that leaves a pretty big hole. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yes
    Anyone watch the documentary "Unacknowledged" by Dr. Stephen Greer?

What's that old saying?  "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

What's that old saying?  "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
    Where do I find it brother? I checked YouTube but a ton of stuff popped up and I can't tell if any of them are the legit documentary? Thanks!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yes
    my2hands said:

Where do I find it brother? I checked YouTube but a ton of stuff popped up and I can't tell if any of them are the legit documentary? Thanks!
    I rented it on iTunes but it's also on Amazon. 
    my2hands said:

I rented it on iTunes but it's also on Amazon. 
    I haven't see that, but i read something about Merilyn..can you help??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I watched it... Verizon actually has it on demand... good stuff
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/idvsolutions/
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Sharknado? lol
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

yes they do

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited June 2017
    No
    No, but Russian ghosts do exist.
    https://youtu.be/SLzbujMgirQ
    Post edited by RYME on
    https://youtu.be/xZPDhPeQnRY
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    23scidoo said:
    A hoax, like most of these. Fake news before the term was coined. Doctored photos, false dates. And this article claims that the suppressed documents would be released on 2015. Any evidence of that?

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/giantcoverup.asp

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    And by the way, the World Daily News Report is up front about the fact that their content is fction. Something to consider for those who post from this and similar sources. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

https://youtu.be/tIqcEPYO7nE
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Watch Extraordinary: The Stan Romanek Story on Netflix.  Creepy shit!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    edited July 2017
    KC138045 said:
    Is that the guy who had that pattern of grid-like burns on his torso after having an encounter in the woods in Manitoba or wherever?  If so, that is considered to be one of the most convincing encounter stories.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited July 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    KC138045 said:
    Is that the guy who had that pattern of grid-like burns on his torso after having an encounter in the woods in Manitoba or wherever?  If so, that is considered to be one of the most convincing encounter stories.
    No I think he lives in Colorado or Nebraska.  He has a ton of documented encounters and video evidence including numerous abductions.  A lot of creepy and crazy shit.  Watch it with the lights on lol

I have heard about the Manitoba story
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    edited July 2017
    KC138045 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    KC138045 said:
    No I think he lives in Colorado or Nebraska.  He has a ton of documented encounters and video evidence including numerous abductions.  A lot of creepy and crazy shit.  Watch it with the lights on lol

I have heard about the Manitoba story
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0bYx6D2VwA
    From his books to now having his own documentary. He must be popping the champagne corks. I have no words to describe this guy.
    edited July 2017
    Having only seen the video above, I would say this guy is claiming some serious fake alien experience overload, lol. I don't think I need any more evidence than that to know it's all staged. He seems to be making an awful lot of money off of it. I'll be interested to see how the Netflix thing makes him seem anything other than a big phony who doesn't know how to temper things. Ummmmmmmm, the pedophile thing is a whole other thing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on