How about a like button?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
I like how the "Like" button is used on some other music forums (Hoffman TV, for example).  Whatcha all think?  Like the idea?
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Not a bad idea.  Some other buttons would be nice as well. :smile:
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, would be nice.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    I like how the "Like" button is used on some other music forums (Hoffman TV, for example).  Whatcha all think?  Like the idea?
    I'd hit the like button on your post if we had one! When this new forum first popped up there was something like a like button, but it was removed. I'd like to see it come back.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    I'd hit the like button on your post if we had one! When this new forum first popped up there was something like a like button, but it was removed. I'd like to see it come back.
    Thanks, Jeff.  I think the closest we have to a like button (but need to memorize the code) is:  :plus_one:

A simple like button at the bottom of the post would be easier.  So often, I have nothing to add to a post but at least want to acknowledge a liking for it.  Would be good to have! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• ^^^
    uh, I dunno about that.  If you don't want to add to a post then don't.  Posting a like is lost in cyberspace and no one knows where it comes from.  Soon all humans will be doing is giving likes to each other on the interwebs.
    Do you like this post?

^^^
    uh, I dunno about that.  If you don't want to add to a post then don't.  Posting a like is lost in cyberspace and no one knows where it comes from.  Soon all humans will be doing is giving likes to each other on the interwebs.
    Do you like this post?

:i_dunno:

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    ^^^
    Do you like this post?

How is it lost? On FB you can see who likes or reacts to posts. On vanilla forums, with the like option enabled, you can see who liked the post. It is a way of acknowledging your support for a post without having to clutter up a thread with "100% agree" or "+1" or "Me, too!" kind of posts.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Nah.  I love that the PJ forum is one place I've found online that doesn't copy everything facebook does.
    Nah.  I love that the PJ forum is one place I've found online that doesn't copy everything facebook does.
    I can see your point but actually I was thinking about Hoffman TV and how well it works great there, and it's not an FB kind of place.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    How about we fix the Participated Discussions button first?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903

We prefer the discussion...it's what this is about.