Multiple Fatalities- Ariana Grande Concert

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    WTF! Schools, concerts, theatres, planes, malls, the list goes on. Makes me sick. Like wave of heat come over me sick. Innocent souls.

I plan to take my kids to see a musical later in the year. No lie this was my first thought. Fear. Fear of automatic weapons. I imagined I would have to dress my children in bullet proof vests and gas masks. 

R
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    RIP times 20.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Quick...change your facebook profile pics, that'll solve it.
  • unsung said:
    Lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • unsung said:
    Lol

This is so true.

Like changing your profile pic or avatar image to show something means anything.
    god help us.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:
    so tell us, how do you solve it?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    unsung said:
    This wouldn't have happened if Trump had used the words radical Islamic terrorist and Melania wore a headscarf
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    wtf can you some of you people let the bodies be removed from the scene before your start politicizing it or getting on your damn soap box. don't the victims at least deserve that? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjhawks said:
    wtf can you some of you people let the bodies be removed from the scene before your start politicizing it or getting on your damn soap box. don't the victims at least deserve that? 
    a terrorist bombing is politicized in its execution. how long should we wait before we are allowed to talk about it frankly? should we remove our hats too?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Man, I'm just digesting what happened.  Lives lost, lives fucked up.

Plenty of time for figuring it out.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjhawks said:
    I'm wondering if you mean everyone or just some?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    a terrorist bombing is politicized in its execution. how long should we wait before we are allowed to talk about it frankly? should we remove our hats too?
    what part of until at least the bodies are removed did you not understand?  i guess i shouldn't be surprised that the same people who don't have enough respect to remove their hat during an anthem don't have enough respect for victims of a tragedy a few hours after the fact. 

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    what part of until at least the bodies are removed did you not understand?  i guess i shouldn't be surprised that the same people who don't have enough respect to remove their hat during an anthem don't have enough respect for victims of a tragedy a few hours after the fact. 

Again... no one said that they didn't remove their hat for the national anthem. Just questioned it. 

Fucked up situation. I wish the injured a speedy recovery and i hooe those that died can rest in peace.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Flashbacks to the Paris attacks at The Eagles of Death Metal show a year and a half ago. thoughts and prayers with Manchester tonight. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

I'm just wondering if that goes for the people who immediately advocate for military response, or if it only applies to people who try to put it into context with the antagonistic actions that come from our own side of this nasty conflict.
    I ask because I have seen that biased double standard play out here before.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Jason P said:
    So it's possible that a few committed people planned in advance (most fucked up part) and decided to blow themselves up at an Ariana Grande concert in front of a bunch of little girls ... 

Religious leaders need to step up and LEAD sooner then later.  To bad that there is a lack of education, maybe suppression is the better term
    It's not a religious issue. 
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited May 2017
    I feel like crying but it won't help. All these kids just wanted to have a good time and see their idol. Some parents are still searching for their children.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Jason P said:
    So it's possible that a few committed people planned in advance (most fucked up part) and decided to blow themselves up at an Ariana Grande concert in front of a bunch of little girls ... 

Religious leaders need to step up and LEAD sooner then later.  To bad that there is a lack of education, maybe suppression is the better term
    Remember, it s the religion of peace. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    Stop importing them.  This person waited for children to be released from inside according to witnesses.  Children.

Stop being lovey dovey over people that wish to do us harm.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pjhawks said:
    Because a moment of silence on the Pearl Jam message board would help with the healing? 

People in the west with our delusions of John Wayne & American exceptionalism are totally fucking clueless.... let's cut everything, but add another 10% to the military budget lol

Somebody earlier mentioned "removing the scum from the earth"... funny, they are thinking the exact same thing about you... how's that working out for everybody? 

Cue John Wayne riding up on a horse
    Jason P said:

Yeah, sure.
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Stop importing them.  This person waited for children to be released from inside according to witnesses.  Children.

Stop being lovey dovey over people that wish to do us harm.
    stop importing who now?

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    edited May 2017
    unsung said:
    Jason P said:

Yeah, sure.
    it's only a religious issue when it's the 'wrong' religion

can someone remind me what Freddie Mercury did?
    Post edited by CM189191 on
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    Jason P said:

Yeah, sure.
    it's only a religious issue when it's the 'wrong' religion

and there it is Del!!!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

What we should do is make a poster honoring this like Cornell and all the proceeds can go to a charity...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Serious question?!?

Where is security?  I go into a concert nowadays and there are wands and metal detectors.  How does a bomb get through?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Tragic senseless cowardly act by these animals ! Ok so to all the enough is enough crowd how do you go about stopping these kinds of terrorist acts guess what you can't ...as long as the western world keeps on taking sides in their conflicts this shit ain't stopping and even if we do totally wipe out ISIS a new faction will sprout up !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Serious question?!?

Where is security?  I go into a concert nowadays and there are wands and metal detectors.  How does a bomb get through?
    It went off outside the venue.