Any chance that we could get the choice of two hug emojis?

deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
edited May 2017 in Technical Stuff and Help
My guess is no and I certainly understand that, but the smiley hug emoji isn't always appropriate-- especially when speaking of death, dying, illness and other events that a smiling hug emoji might be found to be slightly offensive.

It never hurts to dream.  In the meantime, have a lil emoji inspiration . . . :hug:  

Many thanks! 
2014: Cincinnati
2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1

Comments

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2017
    For the love of god no! It will be overused.

But an exception for you only should be made as I think when you would use one it would be at the most sincere times.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

But an exception for you only should be made as I think when you would use one it would be at the most sincere times.
    I sure hope I didn't mis-read this as passive-aggressive bullshit.

She is always sincere, and then some.
  • ^^^

Stop it Hedo.

You know damn well it was sincere.

deadenp is a hidden nicety of life and is always on point with her comments

Sorry for the needless distraction deadenp, I think your idea is great and will be well used.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited May 2017
    deadendp said:
    My guess is no and I certainly understand that, but the smiley hug emoji isn't always appropriate-- especially when speaking of death, dying, illness and other events that a smiling hug emoji might be found to be slightly offensive.

It never hurts to dream.  In the meantime, have a lil emoji inspiration . . . :hug:  

Many thanks! 

Does an emoji like this exist?  Some people use the open hands emoji as a hug but to me it looks too much like jazz hands.

Thanks and :hug:
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Sea said:
    deadendp said:

Many thanks! 

Does an emoji like this exist?  Some people use the open hands emoji as a hug but to me it looks too much like jazz hands.

Thanks and :hug:
    Probably not, but I dare to dream.  :smile: 
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

It's all good.  I took your comment as you intended.