Question About PJ Christmas Singles

jjtormeyjjtormey Chicago Posts: 478

I have the complete set. Yes, all of them. All of the dust covers/jackets are NM or Mint. Some are still in the plastic. All of the actual records are Mint, maybe played once or twice. I also have the EODM; Merkin Ball; Touch Me, I'm Dick; MLB Hold Your Head Up singles. Again all mint and still in plastic. The latest RSD PJ is on its way in the mail

I am not looking to sell. Sorry. I'm sure many of you stopped reading about now.

I'm updating my Home Owners Insurance Policy and my agent suggested that I list anything rare in case of an unfortunate incident.

Thus my question: what is the approximate value of these singles?

I hope I'm not violating any rules with this post. Again, I'm not looking to sell. This is not an auction. I'm just thinking the experts would be on here and could give me some guidance.

Thanks, Jim

'94 - Miami;  '95 - Chicago;  '06 - Chicago x 2;  '08 - Washington, DC;   '09 - Berlin; Philly #1;   '10 - Noblesville, IN; Bristol, VA;   '11 - PJ20 x 2; Costa Rica;   '12 - Missoula;   '13 - Wrigley, Baltimore, Seattle;   '14 - Stockholm, St Louis;  '16 - Wrigley x 2; Fenway;  '18 - Wrigley x 2;  

Comments

• NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    It would probably take $600-800 to replace that collection now.  I'd insure them for $1000...values don't go down on the singles, especially a full set.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    I think it's safe to overestimate a bit on account of deductible and also shipping to reacquire all of them. I'd guess $700 for all of them...median price on Discogs is probably around $650 + shipping. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Cataloguing my vinyl collection for insurance purposes is something I've been meaning to finish for quite some time. I am personally listing each piece individually with a declared value on each.  Hopefully one of these days I'll get off my lazy ass and finish the list so I can turn it in and have it attached to my policy.
    Just going off the top of my head, I'd say the estimates above are pretty good. As NAUjackfan suggested, it doesn't hurt to overvalue your collection. And you can also update the value as your policy renews, if needed.

Highly recommended as well: take pictures of your collection!

• jjtormeyjjtormey Chicago Posts: 478

Cool, thanks for the estimates. Taking pictures is a great idea.

Jim

'94 - Miami;  '95 - Chicago;  '06 - Chicago x 2;  '08 - Washington, DC;   '09 - Berlin; Philly #1;   '10 - Noblesville, IN; Bristol, VA;   '11 - PJ20 x 2; Costa Rica;   '12 - Missoula;   '13 - Wrigley, Baltimore, Seattle;   '14 - Stockholm, St Louis;  '16 - Wrigley x 2; Fenway;  '18 - Wrigley x 2;  
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    I like how you said "yes, all of them" as iif we were all going to go "seriously? No way!" Anyways, start using discogs also to help you value your collection.  That's pretty much what I submitted to my insurance company for my stuff.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • jjtormeyjjtormey Chicago Posts: 478

LOL,  thanks. I just figured someone would ask, "But, do you have Who Killed Rudolph?".

I'll check discogs.

Jim

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    It would probably take $600-800 to replace that collection now.  I'd insure them for $1000...values don't go down on the singles, especially a full set.
    My bad on the overlap! I was clearly writing / doing math whilst you posted.