I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    PJ_Soul said:
    jazzbo26 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Is the Full Moon Fever reissue out there or is that an original?
    I just pre-ordered it. Release date is June 2nd I think.
    Where did you order from? I haven't found it up anywhere.
    Amazon.ca. And it's cheap as hell. $21 CAD. Am I going to fucked over by an Amazon pre-sale again? Maybe. They do that, and normally I wouldn't order anything on pre-sale from Amazon because they suck at it, but this one took me off guard. They have a release date... we'll see.

Nice!  I didn't realize this one was on its way.  I have the box set and Full Moon sounds so beautiful.  I know every song is an FM staple that's been played a million times, but the songs on that album are so great.  It's a must own for sure!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Last night I got the new Ryan Adams and Chris Stapleton records.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,818
    LukinFan said:
    How is the new Stapleton? I've heard Traveller is awful on vinyl so I've avoided that. Curious about this one...
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Finally pulled the trigger and preordered the Singles soundtrack
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Preordered the new Jason Isbell lp from Bullmoose because I wanted the songbook!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Demon Days - Gorillaz!!

I got through the VInyl me, Please wait list just in the nick of time and swapped in this release. :) Those VMP people are clever. They suddenly had new space for those who want Demon Days, but the only way to get it was to subscribe for 3 months. So I basically just paid $150 CAD to get this album, lol. Yeah, I'll get two more monthly releases, but wtf are they going to be?? They better be good, for $50 a pop! At least that includes shipping.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Demon Days - Gorillaz!!

I got through the VInyl me, Please wait list just in the nick of time and swapped in this release. :) Those VMP people are clever. They suddenly had new space for those who want Demon Days, but the only way to get it was to subscribe for 3 months. So I basically just paid $150 CAD to get this album, lol. Yeah, I'll get two more monthly releases, but wtf are they going to be?? They better be good, for $50 a pop! At least that includes shipping.
    Nice! It sounds great! The next is Fiona Apple's "Tidal"...which is a great album.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    LukinFan said:
    How is the new Stapleton? I've heard Traveller is awful on vinyl so I've avoided that. Curious about this one...
    The new Stapleton album sounds incredible on vinyl.  I was able to spin it last night.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    edited May 2017
    mfc2006 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Demon Days - Gorillaz!!

Nice! It sounds great! The next is Fiona Apple's "Tidal"...which is a great album.
    Actually, from what I can tell, with this deal, it was the Fiona Apple album that got swapped out for Demon Days. It was a somewhat confusing little deal, but I know that when I first paid, it said that I would be getting the Fiona Apple album later this month, but it offered a swap out for Demon Days. When I attempted to do the swap it said the swap wasn't possible at that time, but then 10 minutes later the deal I bought actually did the swap automatically. The subscription was specifically called something like "3 month subscription - Gorillaz". I think someone at Vinyl Me, Please is very clever and came up with this exception in order to draw in new members for at least 3 months - they recognized that Demon Days was the only album that would manage the kind of appeal required for it to work. If they hadn't made this deal available I would have been too late to get the Gorillaz album.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Demon Days - Gorillaz!!

Actually, from what I can tell, with this deal, it was the Fiona Apple album that got swapped out for Demon Days. It was a somewhat confusing little deal, but I know that when I first paid, it said that I would be getting the Fiona Apple album later this month, but it offered a swap out for Demon Days. When I attempted to do the swap it said the swap wasn't possible at that time, but then 10 minutes later the deal I bought actually did the swap automatically. The subscription was specifically called something like "3 month subscription - Gorillaz". I think someone at Vinyl Me, Please is very clever and came up with this exception in order to draw in new members for at least 3 months - they recognized that Demon Days was the only album that would manage the kind of appeal required for it to work. If they hadn't made this deal available I would have been too late to get the Gorillaz album.
    My girlfriend got my a 3 month subscription for VMP this past Christmas. The first album was a Nina Simone blues album - which I now love. At the time, I had never heard anything by her.  I can't remember who the 2nd album was, but I swapped it out for MMJ's Z album (one of my favorites). And the third album was from a rap group that I've never heard of.  I think I would had renewed the subscription if they alowed you to swap out more than just one time per every 3 months, but you can't. 

I felt the vinyls were a little over priced, especially when you don't have any control over what you are getting (other than once every 3 months)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    edited May 2017
    LukinFan said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Demon Days - Gorillaz!!

My girlfriend got my a 3 month subscription for VMP this past Christmas. The first album was a Nina Simone blues album - which I now love. At the time, I had never heard anything by her.  I can't remember who the 2nd album was, but I swapped it out for MMJ's Z album (one of my favorites). And the third album was from a rap group that I've never heard of.  I think I would had renewed the subscription if they alowed you to swap out more than just one time per every 3 months, but you can't. 

I felt the vinyls were a little over priced, especially when you don't have any control over what you are getting (other than once every 3 months)
    Damn, I didn't even know that they limited swaps to once every 3 months. So I guess I'm stuck with whatever they force on me for the last 2 month. That sucks. I am starting to regret my decision!.... Still looking forward to getting Demon Days, but.... I only did it because it was safer than waiting to see if the album will get a wider reissue, which it probably will.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:
    LukinFan said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Demon Days - Gorillaz!!

Damn, I didn't even know that they limited swaps to once every 3 months. So I guess I'm stuck with whatever they force on me for the last 2 month. That sucks. I am starting to regret my decision!.... Still looking forward to getting Demon Days, but.... I only did it because it was safer than waiting to see if the album will get a wider reissue, which it probably will.
    Soul, i'll take the Tidal lp if you end up getting that next and dont want it. I missed out on signing up for the 1- month sub to grab it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    LukinFan said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Demon Days - Gorillaz!!

Soul, i'll take the Tidal lp if you end up getting that next and dont want it. I missed out on signing up for the 1- month sub to grab it.
    If I got it I'd give it to you Dr. D. However, I am 100% certain that was the album I swapped out for Demon Days (it now explicitly states that on my account), so I won't be getting it in any case.... Sorry dude. I just checked on Tidal, and had no idea the vinyl was so expensive - The VMP version is already being sold for almost $70 CAD on discogs (at least).
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    "dude" :lol:
    No worries at all, thanks for the thought.
    I'll see if anyone I know in the U.S who is a member can just buy it for me in the shop now.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    "dude" :lol:
    No worries at all, thanks for the thought.
    I'll see if anyone I know in the U.S who is a member can just buy it for me in the shop now.
    I call people dude all the time - wut? :tongue:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Was taking my lawnmower in for repair and passed a driveway with a moving sale sign. On my way back I pulled in the driveway and hit the jackpot, all $2ea and condition is pretty good.

Tom Petty, Damn The Torpedos
    Tom Petty, Full Moon Fever
    Diana Ross & The Supremes, Greatest Hits
    Jackson 5, ABC & Third Album
    Michael Jackson, 14 original Hits w/The Jackson 5
    Journey, Escape
    Led Zep, In Through The Out Door
    Led Zep, Houses of the Holy
    The Who, Who's Next
    Pink Floyd, The Wall
    Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon
    Neil Young, After The Gold Rush
    Traveling Wilbury's, Volume !
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd
    CSNY, Deja Vu
    Nat King Cole, You're My Everything
    Eagles, One of these Nights
    Culture Club, Karma Chameleon 45
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,141
    Wow, man that's a score- anytime I can find a record for $2 that Id like to play in happy! Hope they're in good shape, good job!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Slowdive 

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,984
    Can anyone direct me to a place where I can get some good James Brown pressings?  Really want "In The Jungle Groove".
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,684
    JK_Livin said:
    Was taking my lawnmower in for repair and passed a driveway with a moving sale sign. On my way back I pulled in the driveway and hit the jackpot, all $2ea and condition is pretty good.

Tom Petty, Damn The Torpedos
    Tom Petty, Full Moon Fever
    Diana Ross & The Supremes, Greatest Hits
    Jackson 5, ABC & Third Album
    Michael Jackson, 14 original Hits w/The Jackson 5
    Journey, Escape
    Led Zep, In Through The Out Door
    Led Zep, Houses of the Holy
    The Who, Who's Next
    Pink Floyd, The Wall
    Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon
    Neil Young, After The Gold Rush
    Traveling Wilbury's, Volume !
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd
    CSNY, Deja Vu
    Nat King Cole, You're My Everything
    Eagles, One of these Nights
    Culture Club, Karma Chameleon 45
    Score!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Some recent additions, although I can't spin them until we close on our house.
    Colter Wall--Colter Wall
    Singles Soundtrack (Newbury Edition)
    The Band--The Last Waltz (RSD Edition....thanks @cp3iverson !!!)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:

The Clash - Black Market Clash.

New Zealand original from 1980.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Second-hand:

Malcolm McLaren - Round the Outside!
    bra hrefhttpoi66tinypiccomhs3szrjpg target_blankView Raw Imagea
    UK original from 1990.
    Post edited by reesdog on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2017
    Like this one so much.... I gotta put it in a couple threads:

Not sure if there are any Gordon Lightfoot fans here, but I picked this 1975 promotional release up in the bins yesterday.
    Never really listened to him, I knew the name, but that was about it. The only reason I even really bought this was I LOVE finding promotional releases in the bin, and this one was in perfect condition... looked to have not even ever been played.

Well this pressing is exceptional. The sound on this pressing is "Wow", the days of all analog pressing.

Lee Herschberg was the engineer in charge of this release, and usually things associated with him are very good, and this doesn't let you down. Herschberg was the man behind the best sounding CD releases of Jimi Hendrix's main three albums if you don't know his name. (There's a reason sellers are asking $$$ for those CDs)

Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    I know the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Sundown and some of his bigger hits.  I dig him.  I'll have to check this out, see if I can find it.

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,649
    Picked up some new records today; first time in a while:
    Do Make Say Think-Stubborn Persistent Illusions
    Medeski, Martin & Wood-Combustication
    The Mountain Goats-Goths
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,984
    May 30th said:
    The Mountain Goats-Goths
    @May30th  You are the first person I've seen that has even mention MMW.
  • Options
    Second-hand:

Wire - A Bell Is A Cup... Until It Is Struck.

UK Original from 1988.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Slowly building up my collection...ordered these 2 off Amazon last week..

Arcade Fire- Funeral
    The National- Trouble Will Find Me
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,649
    May 30th said:
    The Mountain Goats-Goths
    @May30th  You are the first person I've seen that has even mention MMW.
    Great album. Sounds awesome on vinyl