Joey Feldman - Chris Cornell dedication print on sale today. 100% to benefit charity

SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
edited May 2017 in The Porch
Hi All,

Just an FYI that Joey posted this on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/JoeyFeldmanArtCollectors/permalink/223629081471984/?comment_id=223784434789782&notif_t=group_comment_reply&notif_id=1495192278814349

If you don't have Facebook, I can post the link here when it goes on sale.  Below are the details from Joey:

thank you all for the emails/messages concerning the chris cornell piece.
its been a tough day for us to take in. sometimes out of the darkest hours, our greatest assets reveal themselves. i like to draw. people seem to like my drawings. how can this help? a few of you told me...
.i am going to release the tribute piece tomorrow at 11 AM PST, (19th) as an open edition until sunday evening 7PM PST , (21st) for $60.00 plus shipping

****100 % of the profits will be donated*** to http://chrisandvickycornellfoundation.org and a suicide prevention charity to be named, split 50/50, minus printing costs

I'm only sharing in this group but please feel free to pass on.

god bless
JF.

Post edited by SJD3232 on

Comments

• SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    edited May 2017
    Change of plans.  Open now through Sunday, 5/21 @ 7 PM PST.

Link:  http://joeyfeldmanartwork.bigcartel.com/product/chris
    Post edited by SJD3232 on
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Thanks. I was able to just order one. Great tribut and great cause 
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    BUMP THIS UP!!! Let's turn a horrible, tragic, upsetting (Insert emotion word here) moment into something positive that will and could help countless people.
    It's around 80 sold right now. Keep it going!
  • Around 100 now :)
    Come on people! SATURDAY MORNING BUMP!!!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Great cause.

But it looks like Jon Lovitz.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Great cause.

I thought the same thing, so I just donated some money to the foundation. Great cause and I can't stop grieving, hopefully this money will go to some good use for a cause in "The Cornell's" name...
  • withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 467
    I got one I can't resist :bawling:
  • I just hope the poster has his correct eye color!
    He has changed the eye color. He said it was a mistake. Here's the new look:

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Great cause.

Leave it to these boards for someone to take the opportunity to criticize someone's effort to produce something for charity.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    scurtis said:
    Great cause.

Leave it to these boards for someone to take the opportunity to criticize someone's effort to produce something for charity.
    Chris' death is a tragedy.  IMO Feldman is doing this in poor taste.  Yes the proceeds are going to charity, but I can't help but see this as self advertisement.  
    edited May 2017
    Was gonna say the exact same thing. Leave it to a PJ fan to nick pick an ARTIST INTERPRETATION of a charity poster. It's not a portrait. 
    Post edited by jazzbo26 on
    jazzbo26 said:
    It not a portrait. 
    I beg to differ;

portrait is a paintingphotographsculpture, or other artistic representation of a person, in which the face and its expression is predominant. The intent is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person. For this reason, in photography a portrait is generally not a snapshot, but a composed image of a person in a still position. A portrait often shows a person looking directly at the painter or photographer, in order to most successfully engage the subject with the viewer.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    As far as the self advertisement, what about Easy Streets event last night. Come celebrate the life of Chris Cornell with dollar beers and all his vinyl available for sale?
    edited May 2017
    Sorry, I should have said Chris did not sit down in front of him for a portrait of his exact likeness. From Joey's site- 

JOEY FELDMAN – 
    Mixed-media artist Joey Feldman works in Los Angeles, California. Feldman’s works are figurative with a frenetic, cartoonish style at their core.

Key words frenetic and cartoonish.
    Post edited by jazzbo26 on
    edited May 2017
    Bump! Come on people!

if anyone here knew anything about Joey, they'd know this is in no way self advertisement.  His outlet is his pen.  He was also extremely saddened to hear of Chris' death.  I spoke to him and he was devestated like a lot of us here are.  He posted this first with the words "NOT FOR SALE".  After many requests to buy the print, he decided to use the momentum and generate funds for Chris and Vicky's charity.

you don't have to appreciate or like the art, but you can avoid the negativity and try to understand that his time and effort was put into this with love and gratitude, for Chris.  for that we should all be grateful.
    This. Bump!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Good onya guys. Just not into it at all. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited May 2017
    Bump!  This ends tonight @ 7 PM PST.

http://joeyfeldmanartwork.bigcartel.com/product/chris
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Out of loss and sorrow comes something to help support those in need.  

It may not speak to you in style but the artist here is just trying to help out.  

It's a positive thing at a very sad time.  I thank him for that.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • symptomsfadesymptomsfade Posts: 237
    Picked one up for the cause and to help anyone that needs it....RIP Chris, prayers to your family.  Thanks for ALL did for us........
    $6,420 earned for charity! Congrats to all who purchased and thank you, Joey!
  • withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 467
    Awesome! <3
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Nice work people!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851

Sorry but this is disgusting...

explain?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851

explain?
    More "posters for charity"...

One of them is "for sale" and making money off his death.  Sorry , not sorry but that's disgusting.
    edited May 2017

explain?
    More "posters for charity"...

One of them is "for sale" and making money off his death.  Sorry , not sorry but that's disgusting.
    Oh yeah, I figured that could be the case. 

Both better resemble CC than the one in the OP though. If one would buy one to hang.
This discussion has been closed.