Favorite Chris Cornell memory?

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    steved said:
    Posted this on Facebook:

I saw Chris Cornell at the Royal Albert Hall last year. Half way through he was talking and mentioned what an honour it was to play for his musical hero. Then the spotlight went directly on me and i was surprised I had such an impact on his life. Then it turned out Jimmy Page was sitting in the seat directly behind me. That made more sense.

My favorite thing I have read in this very difficult time! Thanks
    :lol: that made me laugh.  thanks for sharing
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Was VIP in Vancouver. Had a great time having beer and a meal before the show and then ventured into the arena. VIP package included a sweet Munk One poster, but bought this show poster and whatdayaknow... fortune favoured me. I got one of the five random signed posters:

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I think my favorite moment was Audioslave in 2005. Foo FIghters and Audioslave played back to back at Roskilde and some random girl kissed me.

"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Fave Chris Cornell memories? 1) Visited a good friend I hadn't seen in years last summer in Seattle. Meet him here and sang Black Hole Sun. 2) My uncle lives in Seattle too. Laughed when his "conservative" wife told me she loved Chris Cornell's voice and would "do him" anytime.  :) RIP

• ianh42ianh42 Posts: 193
    I have been fortunate to see him perform in all of his ventures from Soundgarden to Audioslave, solo and most recently in TOTD. It is so hard to pick one memory as each and every one has its place. There are two that stick out the most. The first was actually at a Pearl Jam show in 2009 in Los Angeles. My wife and I are both fan club members and shared this experience together.  Eddie started talking about how one person's presence can really turn something into a special occasion and brings Chris out. We lost our shit and you can hear us in the throws of the crowd screaming, jumping up and down and singing hunger strike like it was life or death. Here is a link to the moment https://youtu.be/P_nSpcihwgw

The second memory is the entire solo show that we saw at Disney Concert music hall in LA and he just sounded so beautiful and brilliant all night long. His voice is second to none and I can't believe we will never get to experience it again. The world is worse off without him in it and I'm still in disbelief not understanding why he did what he did. Leaving behind a wife and kids like that. They are the worst off of all, and I hope they find comfort in this tragic time. 

RIP CHRIS you will be eternally missed. 

Ian

Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    He played solo in Rome on April 18 2016. It was a Monday. I woke up at 4 am as I had a flight to Brussels in the early morning. I spent the day in Brussels for work before getting back to Rome. I landed in Rome around 7 pm just in time to be at the venue in a hurry.
    I had no time to change my outfit that was very formal. I had a front raw seat. It was a great gig. All of sudden, during the concert he walked towards me, his eyes looking at me. He wanted to shake hands, I realized it so I got up and walked towards the stage. Probably he had been impressed by a weird guy with a suit singing as crazy his tunes.
    We shook hands. All the seated crowd clapped and shouted as it was a very strange moment: the grungy artist shaking hands with me who I looked like a tax officer. Those eyes...
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2017
    Well it was 1992 at Lollapalooza at Alpine Valley and PJ had already destroyed the whole crowd with a mid afternoon mind-blowing set and there was nothing any of the many acts following them including Soundgarden and the Peppers could do about it! With that being said I remember meeting some girls who had been following the tour for the last 3 cities prior to AV and asking them if there was any TOTD mini-sets or collaborations and they said no? Now clearly they were young and maybe oblivious to if this had actually happened in the previous cities? So maybe about 4:00 in the day and before SG went on and were sitting on the lawn near the right side of the hill when I notice 2 guys walking up the outer part of the hill and I said to my friend look at the guy with the corduroy jacket on and shorts, sure enough it was EV and right behind him was CC and they were headed up the hill. So we immediately started running up the hill behind them separated right by only a skimpy fence! At the top of the hill was a side stage and as the first sound of Hunger Strike rang out I was firmly crushed right against the stage literally 2 feet from CC and now nothing was visible behind me but, a sea of humans as far as I could see(poor Ice Cube half the lawn vacated his set)! And then that voice for the first time in my life live it boomed into my brain as CC began singing "I don't mind stealing bread" so glorious in his 4 octave range and yet so ethereal I felt like I was really in heaven! It was one of those moments you just can't make up or believe and I'm sure I didn't do it justice in this post but, I have thought about it many, many times over the last 25 years and unfortunately now it takes on a whole different meaning for me! Btw when SG did take the stage is when the infamous sod-fight took place, couple that with PJ's crazy Ice Bowl show, PJ20 and I've had some pretty amazing moments at AV!
    Post edited by vito on
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited May 2017
    I wasn't there but when listening to that LA 3, 2009 bootleg I love hearing the crowd reaction when he is introduced by Eddie Vedder to sing Hunger Strike. They go nuts!

I FINALLY got around to seeing SG at a relatively small venue in Toronto called the Sound Academy in January 2013 and I rank it as one of my favourite shows of all time.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

It would have to be the PJ20 sets for me...

getting to see & hear Ed and Chris together on stage for Hunger Strike was INCREDIBLE!!

His solo shows in Lakewood in 2011, 2013 & 2015 were GREAT too. :rock_on:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    edited May 2017
     B) 
    Post edited by kaseylily on
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited May 2017
    My first real rock show was Soundgarden at Bumbershoot 1990. I was in the pit and when Chris came out on stage and started into, "Beyond the Wheel" I was in awe, especially when he hit those high notes. I found the actual show on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFj9AMk83A
    Post edited by quasi on
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Dying-AngelDying-Angel Paris Posts: 15
    edited May 2017

My very favorite Chris Cornell moment was on June 22 2012 at his acoustic show in Paris, France.

At some moment Chris filmed the crowd, asking the audience to scream the loudest they can and then picked two people in the audience to get up on stage to take a picture. He picked me and my wife.

After he took the pic and we came back into the audiance, a roadie gave us 3 customed guitar pics and Chris dedicated to me "Seasons".

One of the most amazing moment in my life...

http://youtu.be/iC-1zlN1UC0

Post edited by Dying-Angel on
  • PearlgardnPearlgardn Here, there, everywhere Posts: 14
    My favorite memories of Chris? When my daughter, Hannah and I got to see him in Santa Barbara during the Higher Truth tour. Hannah is an artist and had done a beautiful drawing of Chris with Vicki and the kids from a photo she found of them at a pumpkin patch and she desperately wanted Chris to have it. As he took his first curtain call, I grabbed Hannah's arm and shoved her into the aisle and yelled, "GO GO, NOW!" She stood at the stage, holding her drawing and caught Chris's eye. She gave him her gift and I will never forget how genuinely touched he was by her gesture. He took her hand, gave her that warm smile and quietly thanked her. 
    I did take some pictures with my crappy phone; there is a terrible glare and blurry and it's nearly impossible to recognize who the figure is, but Hannah and I know. And I will have them forever.

(September 2015, what more can be said?)

"Tomorrow is not promised, make plans anyway." - Lin Manuel Miranda
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Picking up Superunknown on release day, taking it with me to a party & ended up listening to it by myself cos' all that were there hated it. I mean it was a room clearing event! I was so swept up by that record - I had to memorize every nuance, every note, every scream. Many years later I picked up the mega deluxe reissue & it came with a DTS download of the record. There's this scream in Let Me Down just before Kim's solo that I had never caught before. Damn. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    My favorite moment was watching him with Audioslave in 2005 at Roseland. I had made my way up towards the front of the GA pit and was a 16 year old girl rocking out amongst the 40-somethings in attendance. They were playing a Soundgarden song, I don't remember which. I was so excited for it and the excitement showed on my face. I sang along to it and loved every minute of it. 

That was when Chris noticed me singing. Some stupid 16 year old girl singing along to a song from a 90s grunge band. I don't think he expected it. We locked eyes for a moment and he, looking impressed that I knew the words to a Soundgarden song, smiled at me. Chris Cornell looked at me and smiled. I'll never forget that moment. I'll never forget him. One of my most treasured memories... rest in paradise Chris. You're greatly missed by many people, including me. 
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    The one and only time I saw CC live was when he played a small club in Dallas called the Majestic. It was a small intimate show of only a few hundred. I had recently had knee surgery and was on crutches. I went to the show anyway and ended up right in front about 10 feet away from him. It was an incredible show and seeing him sing everything so close up like that was truly magical. At one point he looked over at me wobbling on my crutches and asked if I was alright? I said I was, and he smiled and said "okay, take it easy." It was such a small thing and quick moment but something I'll never forget.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • OrPjfanOrPjfan Posts: 17
    I have been enjoying reading all the memories the last couple days.  This whole thing is tougher to deal with then I anticipated but I thought I would share mine.

It was in 2013 when through some crazy circumstances my friend and I got a chance at a private meet and greet with him before one of his solo shows.   He was raising money for the C&V Cornell foundation and he did a M&G for 2.  At first my friend and I weren't quite sure on spending the amount of money required but we thought what the hell, it's for charity and we get to hang with him before the show.  Needless to say it was worth every penny, and now even more so. I had never met a super famous person (other then meeting MC Hammer at a church function but he was far passed his prime so I won't count that #pleasehammerdonthurtem )so I had my concerns about meeting a hero of mine like...oh no, what if he's a dick or cold to us and it ruins everything I have built him up to be? After passing our background checks and a 2 month wait Until the show... the day arrived. We Met with security and he took us up to his dressing room and we walked in.  Holy shit!! There He was in all his rock star glory just hangin out by himself with his guitar, the set list and a cooler full of Gatorade.  We introduced ourselves, shook hands then plopped down on the chairs across from him to chat for about 15 minutes.  He did not dissapoint... he was so damn rock star cool!! He was so down to earth, warm, friendly, funny and just sincere with every word he spoke. We got a nice photo and he signed a badmotorfinger vinyl for us then away we went to enjoy the show.    I will never forget that short moment in time I got with him and knowing he was the real deal and not just to fellow musicians and celebrities.. he was that cool to everybody.  

• tunodamaitunodamai Posts: 74
    I only had the pleasure of seeing him twice. 

The first was in '93 in Toronto at Exhibition Stadium when I saw them with Blues Traveler, PJ and Neil Young.   An awesome show.   

The second was in 2011 after they had got back together again.  They played a festival show in Ottawa.   It was nice to see them play live some of the songs that I had missed seeing live since that first show.  
    It makes much more sense to live......in the present tense.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    pj2 was /unreal
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 635
    edited May 2017
    I was very lucky to have been able to see him with Soundgarden, Audioslave, and TOTD but as much as I love those bands, all so fucking good, my favorite was getting to see him solo.

When he started the Songbook tour he played a show in Ridgefield, CT on 11-18-2011 that was incredible! His unmatched voice, at that point, was the best I've ever heard, I was in complete awe after the show.

Then his Higher Truth tour came to Worcester's Hanover Theater last summer in late June and he was even better, again, lost my shit in amazement. Fast forward a few months, TOTD night 2 in Philly, the guy was on fire, they all were but that fucking voice was still there as always, one of the best shows I've ever seen! 

Can't rank them all, I was lucky enough to see Audioslave's first show in Boston at The Avalon, didn't know what to expect, knew it would be good but I didn't know but I found out. I got destroyed in the mosh pit. The energy was incredible and to see him like that in that setting was like witnessing the start of a new chapter, so surreal!

PJ20 - what else to say, his appearance/performance made an awesome weekend a lifetime highlight 

I was also lucky enough to see Soundgarden at the Orpheum Theater in Boston and The Palladium in Worcester but I was tenth row dead center for their show in Mansfield 2011, still ranks in my top 3 loudest shows of all time! They sounded so tight, so good, so beautiful and dark, so Soundgarden!

I'm still in shock, still processing it all. For me personally, this hurts way more than Kurt, Layne and Scott combined. All very sad but left all of us their talent, their gift and we're lucky to have that forever, what more could you ask for? 

They'll always be here with us. I'm playing with my 5yr daughter as I'm typing all of this listening to the bootleg of that Ridgefield, CT show in the background, he'll be with all of us if you want him to be! 
    Post edited by DL136722 on
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    pj2 was /unreal
    That it was!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • seratia123seratia123 Posts: 1
    I always dreamed of a Soundgarden reunion and was so excited when it finally happened. When they announced their European tour in 2012 I was willing to fly anywhere to see them but none of my friends was interested. I had never been to a concert alsone before but this time I bought a ticket and flew to Berlin. It was great, Soundgarden, front row in the pouring rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qote9B0GJdw

A year later I went to Berlin again and was lucky enough to get one of the signed tour posters they always added to the stack. Now my precious forever.

But even though the Soundgarden concerts were great, nothing was better than his solo performances. I was lucky enough to see him three times last year. These were so intimate moments, just a normal guy (though with an exceptional voice) with his guitar playing songs and telling stories in between. He was so sympathetic and funny. Maybe that's why I can't understand why this happened and  feel like a close friend has died and not someone I never met in person. I will miss him so much.

I really like the accoustic version of Scream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzH2hC1E8k8

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    OrPjfan said:
    I have been enjoying reading all the memories the last couple days.  This whole thing is tougher to deal with then I anticipated but I thought I would share mine.

It was in 2013 when through some crazy circumstances my friend and I got a chance at a private meet and greet with him before one of his solo shows.   He was raising money for the C&V Cornell foundation and he did a M&G for 2.  At first my friend and I weren't quite sure on spending the amount of money required but we thought what the hell, it's for charity and we get to hang with him before the show.  Needless to say it was worth every penny, and now even more so. I had never met a super famous person (other then meeting MC Hammer at a church function but he was far passed his prime so I won't count that #pleasehammerdonthurtem )so I had my concerns about meeting a hero of mine like...oh no, what if he's a dick or cold to us and it ruins everything I have built him up to be? After passing our background checks and a 2 month wait Until the show... the day arrived. We Met with security and he took us up to his dressing room and we walked in.  Holy shit!! There He was in all his rock star glory just hangin out by himself with his guitar, the set list and a cooler full of Gatorade.  We introduced ourselves, shook hands then plopped down on the chairs across from him to chat for about 15 minutes.  He did not dissapoint... he was so damn rock star cool!! He was so down to earth, warm, friendly, funny and just sincere with every word he spoke. We got a nice photo and he signed a badmotorfinger vinyl for us then away we went to enjoy the show.    I will never forget that short moment in time I got with him and knowing he was the real deal and not just to fellow musicians and celebrities.. he was that cool to everybody.  

What a great story and experience for you! Thanks for sharing.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    he pulled the dude next to me outa the pit in 2013 and let him play fell on black days.  i dont know if its a "favorite" memory, but its one of many great ones.  i happened to look back at the stub from that show this weekend, it was on 5/18.  

can remember leaving the Tower in '99 blown the fuck away by his solo show.  still to this day one of the best shows ive ever seen.  

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    My favorite show memory was of seeing him on the Higher Truth tour in Atlanta at the Woodruff Arts Center.  My home town and I had never seen a concert in that venue.  The acoustics were amazing.  For 25+ songs, that singular voice of his filled the room.  After every song, I thought, man, I'm seeing something special here.  To hear him talk about all of the songs and sound so happy performing, it was amazing.  The temple songs, River of Deceit, and his new stuff just sounded so good.  What a beautiful voice.  Many prayers to his family, friends, and band mates.
  • Maverick785Maverick785 Posts: 69
    edited May 2017
    Post edited by Maverick785 on
    Bristow, VA 5/13/2010
    Baltimore, MD 10/27/2013
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 4/8/2016
    Miami, FL 4/9/2016
    Tampa, FL 4/11/2016
    Temple of the Dog - Philadelphia, PA 11/4/2016
    Seattle, WA 8/8/2018 & 8/10/2018
    Boston, MA 9/2/2018
    Nashville, TN 9/16/2022
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Soundgarden 1995ish at the Aragon Brawlroom. To this day the loudest show ive ever been to. Rock. 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited May 2017
    I saw Audioslave play a set on the last Lollapalooza tour (at the White River Amphitheatre south of Seattle).    There was this guy in a wheelchair that wanted to crowdsurf, so the crowd picked him up, and there's this guy crowdsurfing in his wheelchair.   It was an amazing sight.   Chris Cornell was astonished by it when he saw it, and invited the guy up on the stage.   He got to sit on the side (still on the stage, not behind the equipment or curtains) and watch the remainder of the set right from the stage.  It was awesome.

He's also the only band/musician from the big Seattle bands to play Victoria (after they all broke out and got famous).  They all played here in the bar days, but never came back.  He did 3 solo shows here and we're a pretty small market on the Southern part of a big Island.    I always thought it was cool he kept coming to play here.    Surely there were other cities where he could of played bigger theatre's and made more money, but for some reason he hit us up on every round of his acoustic tours :)

Next to PJ he's the artist I've seen the most (well except for a local punk band).    Soundgarden (Lolla '92 Vancouver, lolla '96 Gorge, Vancouver  '96, Gorge '11, and Vancouver '13), Chris Cornell Solo Electric (Euphoria Mourning tour in Vancouver, A casino show in Edmonton around 2007ish),  Chris Cornell Acoustic (Edmonton 2011ish, Victoria x 2, and one in Vancouver), Audioslave a Lolla '03 at white river amphitheatre, and temple of the dog this past November in Seattle.

I've been going to his shows pretty consistently through my adult life.   Been a staple the whole time.   Definitely something I'm going to miss, and saddened of these shows becoming distant memories :(   It's probably why this one hurts alot.   Most other artists that have passed.  I've listened their music a bit and maybe seen 1 or 2 live shows.  Nothing like the sheer volume of time I've spent listening to Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, and his Solo albums.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    Fourth time I saw him. I'd seen Audioslave and Chris solo but I got so excited that Soundgarden were reforming that I got tickets to both the Paris and Berlin gigs. Was with two very good friends, one I grew up in NZ with and the other an English mate I lived with in France. When the intro to Searching came on and the boys walked on stage I was jumping up and down and screaming like a delirious madman.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Saw him in New Brunswick NJ doing Euphoria Morning.
    Saw him in Northampton MA at the Calvin Theater. Check out THAT setlist sometime!
    He asked the audience what they wanted to hear and played every request.
    Special time. So happy to have been there.
    Hold On