10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2017
    RobbyD462 said:
    In for Vancouver!
    Whaa? When did this happen? I didn't even know they'd announced a tour! It's sold out now. :frown: I totally would have gone - they are awesome live. This SUCKS.
    (side note - what happened to the emojis on this site?? They aren't working except for 8 of them in the drop down)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    In for Vancouver!
    Whaa? When did this happen? I didn't even know they'd announced a tour! It's sold out now. :frown: I totally would have gone - they are awesome live. This SUCKS.
    (side note - what happened to the emojis on this site?? They aren't working except for 8 of them in the drop down)

i might have have an extra for you.
    let me look into it ;)

-Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• nigelnigel Posts: 267
    I am going to the Southampton (UK) gig on Friday - can't wait!! 
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    In for Vancouver!

i might have have an extra for you.
    let me look into it ;)
    That'd be cool if you happen to have a spare Robby - thanks! :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Just seen them tonight in Southampton in the U. K . They played Like a Stone as their intro music. Amazing to hear everyone singing along. Fantastic show as well, new material sounds great
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Tried to get tickets their Lollapalooza aftershow in Chicago, but struck out.  Brutal.  Hopefully they play a proper Chicago show at some point...really hate that Lolla is here every year.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Tried to get tickets their Lollapalooza aftershow in Chicago, but struck out.  Brutal.  Hopefully they play a proper Chicago show at some point...really hate that Lolla is here every year.

I hear that - I had to drive 4 hours north to see Tool play their own gig last weekend, the only local stop for me was Boston Calling...... I'm WAY too old for that festival crap, I don't think I've ever felt my age as much as I did on Sunday.

With that being said, I get to see Royal Blood for the first time tonight! I I've intentionally avoided watching any live footage of them, I'm really interested to see how they pull off all the guitar sounds live.

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

I hear that - I had to drive 4 hours north to see Tool play their own gig last weekend, the only local stop for me was Boston Calling...... I'm WAY too old for that festival crap, I don't think I've ever felt my age as much as I did on Sunday.

With that being said, I get to see Royal Blood for the first time tonight! I I've intentionally avoided watching any live footage of them, I'm really interested to see how they pull off all the guitar sounds live.

One of the best shows I saw 2 years ago. Seeing them next week. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674

I'll be there as well. PSYCHED!!!
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Same. Struck out as well for Spoon.
    jazzbo26 said:

I'll be there as well. PSYCHED!!!

NICE! My buddy & I have been waiting over 2 years to see them. We almost got Foo Fighter tix for Fenway off SH 2 years ago as RB was opening for them. I'm glad we held off, out patience is being rewarded. It doesn't get much more intimate than the Paradise!

See you there Jazzbo!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    gonna try and get a ticket to the philly show for Wednesday (it's sold out).  will try stubhub or craigslist.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Just got home from the Boston show. Holy shitballs these guys are great live.
  • Would love to hear a recap of the Boston show, or any show for that matter
    Would love to hear a recap of the Boston show, or any show for that matter

it was f'ing phenomenal. I was blown away at how well they replicate the album sound. If anything, they sound better live...... Even the songs I was hearing for the first time were incredibly engaging, there really wasn't a single lull throughout the entire set (although it wasn't terribly long, I don't think they played for more than 75 or 80 minutes). I would love to see them again, especially at such a small venue, but I'll be surprised if they don't play a bigger place next time they come through. As jazzbo said, they are the real deal. If you have even the slightest chance of seeing them on this tour, I highly recommend you take advantage of it. If you already have tickets to see them, you're in for one hell of a show.

The opener was pretty good too, they were very interesting & fun to watch. (I forget their name...... I had a few drinks last night. B) )
    I'm pretty sure after the new album, you won't be able to see them in a club size venue again. If they don't blow up huge someone at their label needs to be shown the door!
  • This sounds great. Damn wish I could catch them
    jazzbo26 said:
    I'm pretty sure after the new album, you won't be able to see them in a club size venue again. If they don't blow up huge someone at their label needs to be shown the door!
    I agree...... to be honest I was surprised they played a venue as small as the Paradise this time around. I feel VERY fortunate to have been there. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    What time did they go on stage?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    They took the stage in Boston a few minutes after 10. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    I went in blind seeing them and these two were NOT what I thought they would be!  Saw them at Governors ball here in NYC.

Holy shit were Royal Blood good!  So much sound coming out of two instruments!

Count me as a fan now.  I'll be picking up all of their discography and I hope it has the same punch as their live performance did.

Awesome group.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    While Royal Blood was starting Danny Carrey from TOOL walked right by me into the soundbooth to take in the whole show. 

I guess hes he's a fan!?!
    While Royal Blood was starting Danny Carrey from TOOL walked right by me into the soundbooth to take in the whole show. 

I guess hes he's a fan!?!
    Awesome! Of course he's a fan, Royal Blood is the shit!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Was going to the Philly show with 2 friends. One has to go away for work and the other just put his dad on hospice.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    gonna try and get a ticket to the philly show for Wednesday (it's sold out).  will try stubhub or craigslist.
    actually got a ticket on craigslist for $35 :smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Saw them last night.  Pretty awesome show except for one small/minor thing I was kinda disappointed in.  Opening band was fine, The Shelters (they were real good). Played from 8:30-9:10.  Crowd was cool.  I was thinking Royal Blood will go on around 9:45 or 10:00 but surprisingly enough they went on at 9:30.  So i was like cool, we'll get a nice show.  The band was great, sorta nice selection of songs.  Now here is where i was disappointed in.  They only played for an hour!  12 songs (8 off the first album and 4 off the upcoming album).  I was at least hoping for an hour 15 minutes- an hour an a half show.  Felt like a festival time slot.  They could have played a few more songs.  So i was kinda bummed about that.  Other than that it was fine.  New songs sounded decent live but so far i like the first album more.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, they put on a short show. I remember being fairly shocked and feeling a little ripped off when they ended the show during their last tour too. They're young dudes and they should have more stamina than that. They are teetering on the edge of screwing their fans with shows that short. At a point, the show becomes too short to justify the ticket price and the effort to go, even when the price isn't that high.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    good to know. we have been spoiled by PJ for sure, but an hour is WAY too short. 75 minutes for a headlining slot MINIMUM. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, they put on a short show. I remember being fairly shocked and feeling a little ripped off when they ended the show during their last tour too. They're young dudes and they should have more stamina than that. They are teetering on the edge of screwing their fans with shows that short. At a point, the show becomes too short to justify the ticket price and the effort to go, even when the price isn't that high.

It is kinda weird when seeing a newer band that only has 1 album.  Usually bands like that play most of it not all of their album and throw in a cover or 2.  I just saw the record company a couple weeks ago and they only played for an hour and 20 mins.  But yeah, I agree that headliners should be playing at least an hour and 15 mins.