Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2017
    How funny it is that everyone hates Trump so badly. Tonight I saw a commercial for a show on Comedy Central called The President Show. Seemingly devoted entirely to making fun of Trump. It's more entertaining than alarming, simply for the fact that he's going to make things work right in the business sense of the country, but there is just so much literal jibberish for this administration to untangle, that his reform appears scary. It really is funny to watch.

And people like people.. after watching the futile bickering and underhanded back biting that comes with human relationships.. this just never ceases to baffle me.. two things I just have to laugh about..

As sleep eludes me, these are the things that are dinging about in my mind.. stupid things..
  • Options
    How socially retarded I am. The sad part is.. I just don't have any desire to be like other humans.. 43 years into life.. still wish I'd been born a dog.. kind of depressing.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    To quote a friend of mine: I love my life!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    SD48277 said:

To quote a friend of mine: I love my life!

And your life loves you!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I attended a walk to raise funds for congenital heart defect (CHD) research. I saw families with kids with CHD, and I met other adults with CHD. At this type of event I meet a stranger by asking about her scars. You just can't do that in the general public.

I met three women my age with Tetrology of Fallot (TOF) which is a CHD. I've never met an adult with TOF. It was awesome! We showed each other the tops of our scars, and we talked about pulmonary valve replacements. Normal conversations for TOFers.

About 15 people walked in memory of a 30-year-old man with CHD who passed away last year. I was talking with one of the people and she said he had seven open heart surgeries, but lived life to the fullest.

I wondered if I lived my life to the fullest, and because I've seen PJ in Philadelphia I'm good. If I wanted to change it would be to spend more time with my family.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I attended a walk to raise funds for congenital heart defect (CHD) research. I saw families with kids with CHD, and I met other adults with CHD. At this type of event I meet a stranger by asking about her scars. You just can't do that in the general public.

I met three women my age with Tetrology of Fallot (TOF) which is a CHD. I've never met an adult with TOF. It was awesome! We showed each other the tops of our scars, and we talked about pulmonary valve replacements. Normal conversations for TOFers.

About 15 people walked in memory of a 30-year-old man with CHD who passed away last year. I was talking with one of the people and she said he had seven open heart surgeries, but lived life to the fullest.

I wondered if I lived my life to the fullest, and because I've seen PJ in Philadelphia I'm good. If I wanted to change it would be to spend more time with my family.

I wish people could learn to relish life like those that struggle with these sort of life altering conditions. Your strength amazes and inspires me! Life as a whole has to mean something to you in order to enjoy and relish it; purpose is everything in life. You have an amazing way of finding purpose in everything you do. That makes you smarter and happier than 60% of the population! :lol:
    Many many people could learn from you! :hug:
    I am so glad to hear that you were able to forge some basic friendships with those that share in this malady with you. That makes tough going, so much more doable.
  • Options
    Trying to deal with crazy phantom pains. It messes with you.. I hurt.. but .. wanted to escape the freakiness of this, by playing here.
    Also that SD is the best ever! Thank you again for being so awesome. You made me cry tears of joy, amidst tears of exhaustion and frustration. Thank you thank you than you.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Why couldn't I get a migraine on a weekend instead of today?
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Jimmy Kimmel's son has Tetrology of Fallot which is the one I have. Way back when open heart surgeries weren't performed on newborns. I had my first one at age 5. It's amazing that open heart surgeries are performed on newborns. Shaun White, the snowboarder, has Tetrology of Fallot as well.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Just bought tickets to see Dara Ó Briain in October, going to be a busy month!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wondering what (within myself) prompts that occasional outlier feeling.

Goddamn life making me questioning shit!
  • Options
    Working on memorizing a new process at work
  • Options
    After watching the news... I am wondering how long the components of a missile lasts? North Kiera's missiles blew up. Had wiring eroded? Explosive decomposing?? ( does that even occur?) I wonder I guess if they ever go bad.. 
  • Options
    Surely there's a rocket scientist here?? :wink:
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    217 politicians can go straight to hell.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    After watching the news... I am wondering how long the components of a missile lasts? North Kiera's missiles blew up. Had wiring eroded? Explosive decomposing?? ( does that even occur?) I wonder I guess if they ever go bad.. 
    My guess is that a great deal of their tech is reverse-engineered.  Every test is an experiment that allows them to fix shortcomings.  I don't not know this for sure, just what it seems like to me.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Now that's what I call Seattle rain
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Work, lack of sleep, my ridiculously long to-do list. And Tree. :(
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    Must be positive..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Just called my doctor asking for sleeping pills. I was in 3 weeks ago and they said they'd give me Ambien. Got to pharmacy...nothing. Now this woman is telling me I'll need a new appointment. Then she argues with me that I have to take Ambien every night indefinitely, not just a few nights to regulate my sleep cycle like I wanted. What. The. Hell?! I've had 3 hours of sleep this morning, more like 3 short naps. Before that, no sleep since Monday.  I just want to sleep!  :bawling:  :anguished:
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Got lost in West Seattle, heading from the library to my wife's workplace. So many of these streets have numbers but the streets aren't joined up in one line. Must stay on California Ave, must stay on California Ave...
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Just called my doctor asking for sleeping pills. I was in 3 weeks ago and they said they'd give me Ambien. Got to pharmacy...nothing. Now this woman is telling me I'll need a new appointment. Then she argues with me that I have to take Ambien every night indefinitely, not just a few nights to regulate my sleep cycle like I wanted. What. The. Hell?! I've had 3 hours of sleep this morning, more like 3 short naps. Before that, no sleep since Monday.  I just want to sleep!  :bawling:  :anguished:
    Sorry, but your doctor sounds like an idiot.  Indefinitely?!?  Granted, I don't take ambien, but that sounds like a recipe for long term addiction read: disaster.  Good luck with your sleep.  I know the challenge.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Don't want to go for work today..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Writing and phrasing and thinking and redoing and editing and reading out loud
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    edited May 2017
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    ^^SAME!!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    One of my brothers seems to have become a racist bigot :disappointed:
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ That is unfortunate. Maybe in time he will come around.

The different sounds you hear at live shows. It's easy to categorize bands. But after spending one night at a "metalfest", it amazed me the unique sounds I heard from every band. It's nice to remind myself of this ever so often.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ It's also really nice to hear live music. My heart is full.